Larry Brown Question ...

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Another_laker_fan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 2:46 pm    Post subject: Larry Brown Question ...

Does anyone else think that they had enough talent to atleast be a 35+ win team win?
Now I do understand that they would never win a playoff series but than again they are in the east and IMO they should have talied atleast 35 wins this year.
Now I know most of you that are reading this asking me if I am on crack for implying that Larry Brown simply didnt do his job this year but I just feel like they had enough talent .
On top of that I dont think he is as great of coach that everyone makes him .
He is a good coach but I just dont buy the Best coach talk...
Just a question on whay yall think of him ?
Dorray
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 3:05 pm    Post subject:

They definately have enough talent to win 35 games at least. It is difficult to manage those players though. There are a lot of big names and it would be hard to find a working rotation night in and night out for all of them. They should definately try to keep lil Nate, Fry and Crawford but I expect lots of changes in their roster next year. I think that Larry Brown is overrated but still a good coach and he can do a lot better with this team next year.
Socks
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 9:58 am    Post subject:

Overrated egomaniac. The guy seemed to think it below him to even talk to his players - he did it all through the media. He shoulda been the bigger man in his dispute with Marbury, but he shot back in the media and showed just how insecure he was.

It is ultimately the players' fault they sucked and they woulda been much better had they adhered to his system and the way he wanted them to play - that's there fault. Where Larry did a horrible job was trying to win his players over to actually play his system. When a guy treats you the way he treated his players, you wouldn't want to follow him either.
Another_laker_fan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 1:45 pm    Post subject:

I feel like he is trying to have them play like they did in Detroit when he was there but he needs to understand with the players he had this year and I say this year due to knowing that there will be changes , that this is no Detroit . They are all different players !
I guess I would be called a hater for this but he gets a D in my book this year for what he did with that team..
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: