Swift Faces Arrest For Attending Proof Funeral

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lakerfan 4 Life
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 12:46 am    Post subject: Swift Faces Arrest For Attending Proof Funeral

A Michigan judge issued an arrest warrant for D12 member Swift on Wednesday after the rapper missed a court appearance to attend the funeral for Proof. Swift (born Ondre Moore), was scheduled to appear in court Wednesday for a hearing to decide whether he violated the terms of his probation stemming from a drunken-driving case.

The Detroit Free Press reported that Swift pleaded guilty to operating a vehicle while visibly impaired on October 17 of last year, a misdemeanor punishable by up to three months in jail. That same day, Judge Brian MacKenzie said, Swift tested positive for using illegal drugs and was sent to jail for two days. Ten days later, Swift was sentenced to two years probation and ordered to do 50 hours of community service, attend Alcoholics Anonymous and stay away from drugs and alcohol, the paper said. But in March, Swift tested positive for alcohol and was sentenced to a week in jail. Last week, Judge MacKenzie said Swift tested positive for alcohol again, which triggered the hearing.

Swift missed his the court date because he served as an honorary pallbearer at the funeral for Proof who was shot and killed at the CCC Club in Detroit on April 11.

Judge MacKenzie said he waited until 4:15 p.m. to give Swift, 31 a chance to show up. When he didn't, MacKenzie issued a bench warrant for the rapper's arrest and set his bail at $500,000.

"While I recognize the importance of attending a funeral ... there is a requirement that you make some effort to comply with a court order," the judge said.

Swift could face more than three months in jail if MacKenzie finds that he violated his probation.

http://www.streethop.com/forum/article162741.html
TheGoldenChild
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 12:05 pm    Post subject:

I'd do 3 months if needed, to make sure I help put my friend to rest.

Though he could've avoided the whole thing by not failing the tests to begin with.. lol

These money-having guys need to smarten up.
buduan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 8:31 pm    Post subject:

You tell your lawyer that you're attending the funeral, and find out what you have to do to get your court date pushed back. It ain't that hard. I had something similar happen to me about 8 years ago and all I had to do was show up to court as early as possible, explain the situation, and they pushed my court appearance back.
lakeshow03
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 8:46 pm    Post subject:

that sucks
AirKobe8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 6:43 am    Post subject:

thats Fd up.
turbulent
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 10:58 am    Post subject:

extension :roll:
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: