Hip-Hop news by Lakerfan 4 Life
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lakerfan 4 Life
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 10:35 am    Post subject: 50 Cent: Southern Rap Is Hurting Hip-Hop

"A lot of the music that comes out of the South is kind of simplified and I think it's kinda 'cause they just wanna have a good time," he explained. "They don't wanna think about what [they] just said. ... They really didn't make sense, but they made sense in a way and they just wanna hear something while they're actually partying and it works for them. But when they don't take the time to make it the highest quality possible, it hurts the actual hip-hop [genre]. People wanna make music they can get away with as opposed to the best possible music they can make.

"They'll lower the grade of music," he continued. "It changes the range you can go and then it causes confusion amongst artists that don't have their own direction at that point and they all start making music that is similar. Like if the record comes out and it's a hit and it's the simplest thing on the planet, all of a sudden the new artists start writing records that are similar to that hit. Their motivation is to have a project that's successful and that will allow them to move out of the financial situations that they're in when you're in the 'hood or in the ghetto. They make it sound like the record that they hear playin' on the radio as opposed to just creating their own lane."

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1526185/20060315/50_cent.jhtml?headlines=true
twoface723
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 10:39 am    Post subject:

Most Southern Rap and 50's music is hurting hip-hop.

Last edited by twoface723 on Tue Apr 18, 2006 4:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger Reply with quote
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 10:46 am    Post subject:

i think lame MC's who do crappy movies and are only famous for being shot are hurting hip-hop.
AirKobe8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 11:34 am    Post subject:

They both hurting Hip Hop (50 and South)
j-dawg
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 12:26 pm    Post subject:

twoface723 wrote:
Southern Rap and 50's music is hurting hip-hop.

Agreed.

Same could be said for hyphy and other forms of party hip hop music. And I hate it when people talk about rap and Reggaeton like it's all the same. You don't need any talent to make party joints nowadays. We'll look back 20 years from now and laugh at all the crap that there is today.
lakeshow03
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 12:47 pm    Post subject:

j-dawg wrote:
twoface723 wrote:
Southern Rap and 50's music is hurting hip-hop.

Agreed.

Same could be said for hyphy and other forms of party hip hop music. And I hate it when people talk about rap and Reggaeton like it's all the same. You don't need any talent to make party joints nowadays. We'll look back 20 years from now and laugh at all the crap that there is today.

im already laughing at all this crap,"oh i think they like me"and all this other garbage thats being played nowadays
lakeshow03
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 12:49 pm    Post subject:

oh but lets not forget how candy shop changed the game
:roll:
AirKobe8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 1:33 pm    Post subject:

At least game is putting up some cool joints lately, he owned G-Unit on 300 bars, and now Im looking forward to his new album. Get a preview of what itll be on his song "Higher" its also the song that plays on Staples when Kobe scores.
NoMoreGame7s
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 3:34 pm    Post subject:

Oh, the irony. Next we'll hear how J-Lo is complaining that all the up-and-coming female actors are lowering the credibility of the movie industry.
AussieLakerFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 3:39 pm    Post subject:

Game is the bomb...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Reply with quote
lakeshow03
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 4:05 pm    Post subject:

AussieLakerFan wrote:
Game is the bomb...

yup,cant wait til his new cd comes out in june
twoface723
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 4:50 pm    Post subject:

AussieLakerFan wrote:
Game is the bomb...

How can this guy be the bomb?

http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/6154/gamedumped4hf.jpg

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger Reply with quote
STiG909
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 6:13 pm    Post subject:

rap in general is hurting music
uberzev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 6:34 pm    Post subject:

STiG909 wrote:
rap in general is hurting music
I'd say any pop music hurts music.
AussieLakerFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 9:09 pm    Post subject:

twoface723 wrote:
AussieLakerFan wrote:
Game is the bomb...

How can this guy be the bomb?

http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/6154/gamedumped4hf.jpg

What is this??

And what does it have to do with how good his music is? (or isn't, depending on your pref's)
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Reply with quote
koolruningz
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 9:20 pm    Post subject:

Im pretty sure 50 was talking about himself there, if anyone has hurt hip hop then its him and mumbling garbage lyrics.

Check out Supastition and Cunninlyguists if you wanna hear dope southern hip hop.
LA NATIVE
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 11:18 pm    Post subject:

AirKobe8 wrote:
At least game is putting up some cool joints lately, he owned G-Unit on 300 bars, and now Im looking forward to his new album. Get a preview of what itll be on his song "Higher" its also the song that plays on Staples when Kobe scores.

Hell Yeah. I cant wait till 6/6/06 when the new album drops. Theres already alot of gems on the mixtapes he's been drooping the last couple of years.
When they ask me about Shaq, I say, 'I love Shaq, but [screw] Miami.' It is what it is. I'm a Laker and I bleed purple and gold and if you ain't down with the Lakers, f--- you, straight up.-Snoop Dogg
Hook 'Em Lakers
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 7:48 am    Post subject:

In 50 Cent's defense, his first album (pre-shooting) called "The Power of the Dollar" is a pretty sick album. Check out the song "How to Rob", where he goes into detail about how he would rob various celebrities.

The thing that bothers me about 50 now, is that he CAN make tight songs but chooses to grace us with candy shop and other gems...
Socks
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 9:53 am    Post subject:

It's like Vince saying Kobe scoring 81 is going to hurt the kids. Please...pot calling kettle black.
j.mob
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 4:13 pm    Post subject: G-G-G-G-Unot!

Its 40cents now, U aint heard he dropped that dime! I don't know wut his talkin' about wit all that but he aint talkin' about the real South! Fools like Face, SPM, 3\6 Mafia, UGK, Outkast, 8Ball & MJG, and a lot more of real rappaz. I'm glad Game slayed them foolz! G-Unot 50 Snitch!
lakeshow03
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 4:37 pm    Post subject: Re: G-G-G-G-Unot!

j.mob wrote:
Its 40cents now, U aint heard he dropped that dime! I don't know wut his talkin' about wit all that but he aint talkin' about the real South! Fools like Face, SPM, 3\6 Mafia, UGK, Outkast, 8Ball & MJG, and a lot more of real rappaz. I'm glad Game slayed them foolz! G-Unot 50 Snitch!

and i dont know wut youz be saying on dis here reply son!

its like game said,he got rich and stopped trying,and like hook em lakers said,people get mad because he is capable of making good music but puts out garbage sometimes like the massacre album
Lakerfan 4 Life
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 4:36 am    Post subject: Kanye West Is Too Popular

Kanye West is finding it hard to carve out enough time for all of the projects on his plate, including a comeback single for Michael Jackson.

West spoke to MTV.com about his most high-profile gig of late, the theme song for Mission: Impossible III.

"I didn't have enough time to make it the way I make it," West said about the song, titled "Impossible." The track features West, Twista and the newest signee to Kanye's Good Music imprint, Keyshia Cole.

"If you notice, I don't do as many beats for people because I don't have enough time to make it how I make it," he said. "My beats is a whole new art form now. It's not just a 15-minute joint. It's not that fast-food (bleep). You can tell 'Impossible' took hours."

West said he took a leftover track from Twista’s album to use for Impossible, which is separate from his reworking of the infamous Mission: Impossible theme song.

"It's hard," he said of the latter. "Like some DMX-sounding (bleep). I chopped up the 'bomp, bomp, bomp-bomp,' but I couldn't think of no verse for it, so it's just an instrumental."

West said he’s looking forward to a possible collaboration with the King of Pop, if their busy schedules will ever allow it. The Grammy-winning artist is currently producing Common’s next album, Finding Forever, which he predicts will win the Grammy for Rap Album of the Year in 2007.

"You will be happy with Finding Forever,’" he said. "We're halfway done. We're going to be dropping in September, and the first single is going to be called 'The Glory.' I'm just excited. I want to scream it from the top of the mountaintop."

http://www.streethop.com/forum/article162826.html
j.mob
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 9:47 am    Post subject: G-Unot! reply

Lakershow03, wut up? I'm sayin' the South like the foolz I put on my post would slay 40Cent! And its still G-Unot!
Lakers_2000
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 11:33 am    Post subject:

I think bums who have been shot 9 times are hurting hip hop.
Socks
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 8:49 am    Post subject:

Ugh, this guy's ego is just killin' me right now. I could barely stand to read through this article.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 1 of 16
Jump to: