Ric Bucher Rips Phoenix Fans...
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Venti Quattro
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 7:18 am    Post subject: Ric Bucher Rips Phoenix Fans...

From ESPN.com Chat:

Q:
Quote:
If Kobe had clotheslined Bell, do you think he would have been suspended one game? I don't think he would have been. And I think the NBA is underestimating how much longer fans are going to put up with double standards for stars. It is becoming apparent that your team won't advance if you don't have a money making star on your team. I'm not claiming there is a conspiracy, but one way or another, those teams are getting the breaks...

A:
Quote:
You're not claiming conspiracy but teams with stars are getting breaks. Ooooookeydoke. What is Steve Nash, if not a money-making star? Raja is lucky he only got one game. Here's what I'm tired of: fans who can't concede their team is being outplayed and chooses to blame the refs. Blame Kurt Thomas being hurt. Blame Shawn Marion for not figuring out how to counter Lamar. Or, maybe, accept that your team, just maybe, isn't as good as its regular-season record might've indicated. Phoenix, you've had NBA basketball for a long time. It's time you started showing jjjjjjjust a little more sophistication about the game.

Los Angeles Lakers 115, Orlando Magic 104 FINAL/Overtime

Kobe Bryant - 38 Points, 4 Assists, 3 Rebounds, 2 Steals, 1 NEW FAN
Endure 12
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 7:21 am    Post subject:

OUCH!

Phoenix fans are classless!
MIMLaker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 7:23 am    Post subject:

Oooh, SNAP.

MIM
he_is_the_one
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 7:24 am    Post subject:

Oooooo owned by Ric Bucher!
Raptor2k
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 7:24 am    Post subject:

Ric Bucher must post here. He is among us.

I am Ric Bucher.
sylabdul
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 7:25 am    Post subject:

Bucher is tellin it.....we can insert 'laker fans' into any space that says 'phoenix' and just keep our common sense sometimes too
jmark
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 7:25 am    Post subject:

Sweet response from Ric. If you watch the replay of the clothesline of Kobe alot of the Suns fans are cheering!!!! I also noticed I think it is Marion turn and walk away to the bottom of the screen. I think Raja had already told the team he was going to do this....Ric is right he should have gotten 5 games suspension.
prisma8slg
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 7:26 am    Post subject:

you know, Ric Bucher annoys me...but I gotta admit...that's funny.

"I've seen it all. Sasha dunked on somebody," Kobe Bryant said. "I'm ready to retire now."
re4ee
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 7:35 am    Post subject:

Quote:
And I think the NBA is underestimating how much longer fans are going to put up with double standards for stars.
Shows how truely isolated fans are in PHX, anyone who thinks Kobe's getting any "breaks" from officials is just delusional. The refs "T" Kobe up for a lot less than what Wade, 'Bron, and even Nash get away with. Kobe questions a call with just a bit of an edge, he gets "T'd" up.

I guess Bell wasn't watching the Heat's Haslem getting a game off for throwing a freaking rubber mouth-piece in the general direction of an official, missing by so far that if it had been a hand grenade, the official would've escaped with minor injuries. When the League sens signals THAT strong, you gotta know they won't pout up with WWF style take-downs.
Sage_10
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 7:36 am    Post subject:

Couldn't have said it better myself.
TACH
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 7:39 am    Post subject:

Ric just flexed his Pimp Hand!!!!

I guess the Suns fan forgot KB8 got a two game suspension for hitting Miller (which was far less of an offense then Raja's Hulk Hogan'ish take down). Raja is lucky he only got one...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 7:44 am    Post subject:

Ric Bucher, FEELIN YOU!
Venti Quattro
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 7:50 am    Post subject:

Ric is straight ballin' today...

Q:
Quote:
What are your thoughts on LeBron's "lack" of awareness now? He has been head & shoulders above any player in the NBA playoffs during this 1st round. Do you still think he is mentally inadequate?

A:
Quote:
I'd rather talk about your lack of perspective. Head and shoulders over every other player? LeBron hasn't even been head and shoulders better than Gilbert Arenas, that crazy loon, every game of this series. And stop insulting LeBron by suggesting he's all that. He's not even close and please forgive me for seeing far more potential greatness in him than you do. He's not mentally inadequate, he's young and relatively inexperienced. He's taken another step in his evolution as a great player. He still has room to grow and plenty to learn. Why is that such a problem for people in Cleveland to accept?

Los Angeles Lakers 115, Orlando Magic 104 FINAL/Overtime

Kobe Bryant - 38 Points, 4 Assists, 3 Rebounds, 2 Steals, 1 NEW FAN
Exick
Site Staff
Site Staff

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 7:50 am    Post subject:

re4ee wrote:
The refs "T" Kobe up for a lot less than what Wade, 'Bron, and even Nash get away with.

James, Nash, and Wade had a combined 11 technical fouls in the regular season. Zero, 2, and 9 respectively.
lakers_less_340+
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 8:02 am    Post subject:

Facts and nothing but the facts, straight to the point. If any conspiracy exists it is one that permits defenders to be physical with the SS's I blame that incident on the refs, they allowed Bell to rough up Kobe all game long and then it escalated by Bell showing his inability to cope with fact he was frustrated that his team was losing the series! And the biggest factor was it was being accomplished with a team effort!
stageup
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 8:03 am    Post subject:

Jack (Phoenix, AZ): As a Suns fan I do not like saying this, but Kobe gets the least love form the refs of any superstar in the league. Defenders always grab him off the ball and he is always bumped going to the basket, but he never gets the call. I guess the refs just figure he's too good and they need to even the playing field because this has happened all year and nothing has changed.

let's see ric answer this one
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address ICQ Number Reply with quote
Vancouver Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 8:04 am    Post subject:

Endure 12 wrote:
OUCH!

Phoenix fans are classless!

soo are a lot of fans every where else, including Laker fans
stageup
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 8:07 am    Post subject:

aww he skirted around and didn't answer directly

Ric Bucher: (11:57 AM ET ) These two opinions, along with all the other folks from Phoenix who believe Kobe gets preferential treatment, is what I find so interesting about No. 8/24. No one has a blase take on him. I don't know about Chinese tea or what my colleague John might have said or not said, but the notion that Kobe got rid of Shaq is, was and will continue to be wrong.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address ICQ Number Reply with quote
Socks
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 8:09 am    Post subject:

Count Bonzi Wells in Kobe's corner as well.

I was listening to the Kings radio station on my way to work this morning and they were interviewing Bonzi. One of the guys asked him about Raja/Kobe and Bonzi said something to the effect of:

"Raja's lucky that wasn't me. There's no place for something like that, he coulda really hurt Kobe. Kobe's a great professional and I heard Raja saying stuff about him in the media and that's ridiculous. Kobe showed some professionalism cuz I woulda gone after the guy. Bruce (Bowen) has been hitting me the whole series, but me and him laugh about it because that's what the league is about."

Good to hear other players talking about this. I bet most of them just think that was a punk move.
RedSnapper
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 8:32 am    Post subject: The fans are a joke, but you can't blame them...

... this persecution complex comes from the top down. All series long, the PHX squad has looked and sounded mentally weak - none moreso than their head coach. His offensive system is a weak, regular-season gimmick, and they've never played defense in their lives. When things bad, it is either because they were "too uptight" or more and more it is because they aren't getting any breaks from officials.

They needed 48 minutes of breaks from officials to gather a second win.

I hope the lakers DON'T blow them out tonight. I hope they beat PHX by three points or less. Nothing could rub their noses in that organization's mental frailty any more than to add to their NBA-record level of futility in close games.
Kobe2Clark
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 8:39 am    Post subject:

Can someone post the whole chat? Thanks..
gng930
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 8:45 am    Post subject:

Socks wrote:
Count Bonzi Wells in Kobe's corner as well.

I was listening to the Kings radio station on my way to work this morning and they were interviewing Bonzi. One of the guys asked him about Raja/Kobe and Bonzi said something to the effect of:

"Raja's lucky that wasn't me. There's no place for something like that, he coulda really hurt Kobe. Kobe's a great professional and I heard Raja saying stuff about him in the media and that's ridiculous. Kobe showed some professionalism cuz I woulda gone after the guy. Bruce (Bowen) has been hitting me the whole series, but me and him laugh about it because that's what the league is about."

Good to hear other players talking about this. I bet most of them just think that was a punk move.

Wow...you mean people OUTSIDE of PHX actually thought it was a (bleep) move? Those crazy Suns fans must really live in their own little world...
jmnluvr
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 8:51 am    Post subject:

pure pwnage
Muad'Dib
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 8:54 am    Post subject:

Ric keepin' his pimp hand strong.
Stylistic Stylez
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 9:52 am    Post subject:

yea thats what im talkingabout. sick of those stupid ass phoenix fans. go back to ur desert home in arizona and shut up.

Why can't America realize that falling in love with Kobe doesn't mean breaking up with Michael
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: