MAVS / SPURS THREAD ....

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
doughboy90650
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 4:37 pm    Post subject: MAVS / SPURS THREAD ....

Game getting ready to jump off. Oddly enough, this series really should be 2-0 Dallas. Avery made a nice adjustment sittin' Griffin and inserting D. Harris. That actually might make Jason Terry expendable for the Lakers next year.

Mavs off to an early start .....
doughboy90650
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 5:24 pm    Post subject:

D. Harris is a beast right now. Out playing both Manu and Parker. Avery Johnson is proving that he can coach a little bit.
magic_bryant
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 5:43 pm    Post subject:

Yeah, Mike @ LG wanted to trade Shaq to Dallas for expiring contracts, Josh Howard and the pick that became Devin Harris. But no, we have the great Mitch Kupchak as our GM.

:roll:
Stephon Marbury on Kobe: "He's the only person on 'dis earth that can do 'dat. He guards people, like shuts 'em down. Then, to do 'dat on 'da offensive end. It's like 'Damn, I can't score on him AND he about to bust my ass."
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number Reply with quote
mbloves L.A.
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 7:36 pm    Post subject:

My god is Dork Nowitzky efficient or what? 27 point on 9 shot attempted, of which only 3 fell in. WOW!!!!

:roll:
BS all the way, eh?
DuncanIdaho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 8:56 pm    Post subject:

I hope Dirk's ankle injury isn't serious. The Spurs don't need yet ANOTHER red carpet to the finals based on other teams' injuries.
prisma8slg
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 9:17 pm    Post subject:

we'll see what happens. the spurs have yet to make it to the finals two years in a row

"I've seen it all. Sasha dunked on somebody," Kobe Bryant said. "I'm ready to retire now."
doughboy90650
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 10:03 pm    Post subject:

Dirk's new address: 24 Free Throw Line

unbelievable
Texas_Pete
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2006 6:27 am    Post subject:

Dallas is showing the league a true blueprint to beating the Spurs: Speed at the 1 and 2 positions and shotblocking. Devean Harris is killing them. Tony Parker is getting his, but not at the same clip he usually does. They have no answer for Harris. Which brings me to the realization that most LGers been saying since I joined LG last year: We need Banks out here. I love Smush and have defended him admirably, but if he isn't going to use his size to post up offensively (the likes of TP, Nash, etc.) or his long arms defensively to swat his man's shots or get steals, or his quickness to be a better defender every night, he needs to be our backup.

The Spurs have been feasting on teams all year with TP going to the hole at will. Put someone on him that will work him defensively, and TP's (aka Toilet Paper) game goes down the drain.

Now the shotblocking portion of this post can be answered by a stronger (20 lbs stronger that is) Chris Mihm. With that said, I find it highly unlikely we trade him for anyone not named KG. Diop is being a pretty good anchor for the Mavs which is good to see.

I would not be surprised to see the Mavs advance. They are doing good things out there and are becoming mentally tough. They are setting a nice blueprint to beat the Chumps. Are you watching PJ and Kupchak?
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: