OT: USC's Starting Point Guard Ryan Francis Shot and Killed

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lakerfan 4 Life
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 8:43 am    Post subject: OT: USC's Starting Point Guard Ryan Francis Shot and Killed

LOS ANGELES -- Southern California freshman point guard Ryan Francis was shot and killed early Saturday while riding in a car in Louisiana, where he was visiting his mother.

The 19-year-old Francis was killed about 3:30 a.m. in Baton Rouge, said Tim Tessalone, USC's director of sports information.

Francis was among four passengers whose vehicle pulled up to a stoplight. The driver of another vehicle got out and opened fire, said Lt. Keith Bates of the Baton Rouge Police Department. The driver of the car Francis was in attempted to drive away but Francis, who was sitting in the back seat, was shot multiple times.

Bates said no one else in the vehicle was injured.

One person has been arrested, Bates told the Los Angeles Times and The Advocate of Baton Rouge.

Francis was the starting point guard this past season for USC (17-13) and averaged more than seven points a game. He ranked seventh in the Pac-10 in assists (111) and fifth in steals (47).

Francis was a standout in high school. He scored 22 points a game at Glen Oaks High School in Baton Rouge, leading his team to a 36-0 record and the state's 4-A championship in 2004-05. Francis was named the 2005 Louisiana Class 4-A Player of the Year.

"We're all devastated," said USC coach Tim Floyd. "We've lost a special young man who in his short time at USC made an impression that will last forever."

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=2443805

Damn, R.I.P.
ajaxxx
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 8:53 am    Post subject:

sucks.too many trigger happy idiots out there.
Balki Bartokomous
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 9:00 am    Post subject:

Already posted in the off-topics page but tragic nontheless.
Flight
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 9:01 am    Post subject:

mrdectown
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 9:03 am    Post subject:

Damn man its way too many young guys getting shot or murked. This Shish has got to stop
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: