It's Wednesday...that means LOST is on tonight!!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
lakersdynasty999
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 10:24 pm    Post subject:

can anyone explain the season finale to me? this is more confusing to me than when phil played smush 41 minutes when he couldnt do a thing for us
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Reply with quote
eureca
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 10:35 pm    Post subject:

lakersdynasty999 wrote:
can anyone explain the season finale to me? this is more confusing to me than when phil played smush 41 minutes when he couldnt do a thing for us

What did you need explaning? Alot of stuff happened.

The thing I didnt get fully was the end. "I think we found it." What I guess they mean Desmonds boat?
Michlake
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 10:37 pm    Post subject:

lakersdynasty999 wrote:

Ok, maybe watch it again but here SOME of what went on. too much to write all of it down.

The timer caused the plane to crash went it went to zero

Henry Gale is the leader of the others

Desmond destroyed the hatch/timer with the self-destruct

The others let Mike and walt go and gave them a boat and a direction and said they would be found

Desmond's ex-wife was looking for Desmond after he crashed

there was a statue with a big foot on the island, but it only had four toes, very, very interesting

there is lots more, but cant think of it all
LGD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 10:40 pm    Post subject:

The ending is apparently Desmond's ex finding the hatch...or the island.
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 10:51 pm    Post subject:

It's all about a radical group dream therapy only available to the rich, where they drug and kidnap the patients...illegal, of course, and not without setbacks and complications. (It was originally shut down, but through a corporate overthrow, so to speak, they found it could actually be highly profitable to the right clients). Two agents have secretly infilatrated the rogue organization ... you can spot them by their familiarity with guns and their need to go after the "others". They underwent intensive hypnosis in order to fake their psychological issues. Anytime, someone resolves their issues, they are whisked away from the "island", usually by death. Children are not allowed on the "island" because they don't have "issues". Thus, they are snatched right away (and returned to the real world). Walt possessed a remarkable ability to "control" his dreams and turned out to be a bit of a problem in that regard.

Remember all dharma is dreams. Namasate.

Hope that helps.
eureca
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 10:54 pm    Post subject:

Yeah now I see she must have known that her father sent Desmond to some sort of trap and that's how he got to the island.

The computer said "Electromagnetic Anomaly detected". So yeah she paid some guys to look for some electromagnetic crap because she must have knew that's where her father sent Desmond. So they found the hatch where all the experiments are happening so she knows where he is. As for Desmond he is probably dead and next season we will see the chick and other people find the island looking for him.

Very good finale.
Michlake
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 11:05 pm    Post subject:

eureca wrote:
Yeah now I see she must have known that her father sent Desmond to some sort of trap and that's how he got to the island.

The computer said "Electromagnetic Anomaly detected". So yeah she paid some guys to look for some electromagnetic crap because she must have knew that's where her father sent Desmond. So they found the hatch where all the experiments are happening so she knows where he is. As for Desmond he is probably dead and next season we will see the chick and other people find the island looking for him.

Very good finale.

that seems about right, but I dont think anyone will be able to find the island,
like Henry said to Michael-"You will not be able to find your way back"
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 11:28 pm    Post subject:

GREAT final episode.

my thoughts.

libby's husband's name is david? so is hurley's imaginary friend. libby was in the mental house. could it be she was attracted to hurley b/c he could see the ghost of her husband?

michael ain't going nowhere.

sayid found nothing but a decoy camp. that dharma door led to NOWHERE.

they set up desmond's lady as the device for their rescue. however it seems like nobody can leave the island.

the most confusing thing for me was the electromagnetic element. so it turns out the numbers were real and that was what brought the plane down. so desmond shuts it off. so does that mean that the electromagnetic element is gone now? locke destroyed the computer so they can't control it anymore. but if it's gone for good...how did the russians pick up on it??

henry gale aint the big cheese. he may be the leader of the others but he is NOT the driving force behind them.

ecko is an idiot.

this will be the most painful summer ever. one more sopranos and then my tivo will be a lonely place till the fall.
LGD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 11:36 pm    Post subject:

desmond's not leaving. he's a regular next season.
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 12:21 am    Post subject:

Quote:

the most confusing thing for me was the electromagnetic element. so it turns out the numbers were real and that was what brought the plane down. so desmond shuts it off. so does that mean that the electromagnetic element is gone now? locke destroyed the computer so they can't control it anymore. but if it's gone for good...how did the russians pick up on it??

Electromagnetic shockwave?

How else do you explain that annoying sound after the key was turned?

https://lakersdraft.substack.com/

I am not an economic advisor nor do I advise economic strategies or plans.
dirka dirka
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 1:51 am    Post subject:

The world certainly did not end, and isn't it interesting that the "others" are probably part of the Darma group but obviously don't care whether or not the button is pushed??? In fact, they probably knew what was happening when the shockwave went out.

What would have really happened had Desmond NOT turned that key?

Meh, fiction, anyways....good show, out in Hawaii the first 15 minutes were blanked out because of a cable outage over at least 3 islands including mine!!!!

Question - why would the others supply the newcomers with guns? I still can't figure that out...makes no sense.

I hope to see Desmonds role played out, please dont kill him off. Glad to see Michael gone and I hope he and Walt stay gone. Why do the others want the main 3 chars on this show hmm?

The Lost writing team has ALOT of work to do to sort this out, this will indeed be a very long summer waiting to find out what happens...then of course we will have to languish through another long season waiting to see what happens next...this is the kind of show that needs an ending, otherwise its just - Fantasy Island.
Socks
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 10:21 am    Post subject:

Good thoughts by everyone here.

One additional question I had was around what Fake-Henry said towards the end. He said "We're the good guys". There's been a bit of a running theme where the Others have referred to people who are "good" or "bad".

So does that mean there are some bad guys we haven't encountered yet? Could it be that The Others are not the folks who set up the hatches, the button, etc? I hope this gets addressed quickly and I think next season will be a very different show than what we saw this season.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 10:32 am    Post subject:

socks i think it's very conceivable that the others aren't evil and actually are in the same boat as jack and crew. they may be trying to bring down dharma as well. we really dont' know much about them.
Michlake
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 11:16 am    Post subject:

da ocho wrote:
socks i think it's very conceivable that the others aren't evil and actually are in the same boat as jack and crew. they may be trying to bring down dharma as well. we really dont' know much about them.

I have always said there are two groups of others. I dont know if the Henry Gale lead group are good or bad group, but I think there are likely two.
The Dagger
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 1:09 pm    Post subject:

Michlake wrote:
there was a statue with a big foot on the island, but it only had four toes, very, very interesting

Hmm, aliens only have four toes. Didn't they make a reference to aliens on the show, wasn't it Sawyer?
The Dagger
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 1:15 pm    Post subject:

DancingBarry wrote:
It's all about a radical group dream therapy only available to the rich, where they drug and kidnap the patients...illegal, of course, and not without setbacks and complications. (It was originally shut down, but through a corporate overthrow, so to speak, they found it could actually be highly profitable to the right clients). Two agents have secretly infilatrated the rogue organization ... you can spot them by their familiarity with guns and their need to go after the "others". They underwent intensive hypnosis in order to fake their psychological issues. Anytime, someone resolves their issues, they are whisked away from the "island", usually by death. Children are not allowed on the "island" because they don't have "issues". Thus, they are snatched right away (and returned to the real world). Walt possessed a remarkable ability to "control" his dreams and turned out to be a bit of a problem in that regard.

Hope that helps.

Is this your own theory? Sounds plausible. Take a second and think about the numbers............................The numbers originaly came from that crazy guy at the Asylum. Could he have bee a prior victim of this island and went crazy and was eventually released. Are all the surviving victims eventually released. Will they all be driven crazy or killed?
The Dagger
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 1:18 pm    Post subject:

dirka dirka wrote:
Meh, fiction, anyways....good show, out in Hawaii the first 15 minutes were blanked out because of a cable outage over at least 3 islands including mine!!!!

Maybe this had something to do with the electormagnetic shockwave. Hawaii is very close to that area, you know. Did you hear a very loud screeching noise?
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 3:44 pm    Post subject:

The Dagger wrote:
DancingBarry wrote:

Hope that helps.

Is this your own theory? Sounds plausible. Take a second and think about the numbers............................The numbers originaly came from that crazy guy at the Asylum. Could he have bee a prior victim of this island and went crazy and was eventually released. Are all the surviving victims eventually released. Will they all be driven crazy or killed?

It's my leading theory. It seems to fit just about everything. Good point about the guy who had the numbers before. That could be. Perhaps, they fried him on their first attempts. He was probably in there pushing the buttons every 108 minutes in one of the first test groups.

With this theory, I knew they would have to explain Libby's resolution to her problem. It seemed like she just died before getting it resolved, unlike all the others. Sure enough, in this episode, we flash back to her and her attachment to a lost husband. Good way to do it, so that we don't realize that is what happened with her. After she is getting blankets to join Hurley on a date, she gets over her attachment and they pull the plug on her.
dirka dirka
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 4:15 pm    Post subject:

DancingBarry wrote:
The Dagger wrote:
DancingBarry wrote:

Hope that helps.

It's my leading theory. It seems to fit just about everything. Good point about the guy who had the numbers before. That could be. Perhaps, they fried him on their first attempts. He was probably in there pushing the buttons every 108 minutes in one of the first test groups.

With this theory, I knew they would have to explain Libby's resolution to her problem. It seemed like she just died before getting it resolved, unlike all the others. Sure enough, in this episode, we flash back to her and her attachment to a lost husband. Good way to do it, so that we don't realize that is what happened with her. After she is getting blankets to join Hurley on a date, she gets over her attachment and they pull the plug on her.

sounds alot like the Matrix
dirka dirka
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 4:16 pm    Post subject:

The Dagger wrote:
dirka dirka wrote:

Maybe this had something to do with the electormagnetic shockwave. Hawaii is very close to that area, you know. Did you hear a very loud screeching noise?

wait a tic, they film in Hawaii!!! hmm, evil bastards!
The Dagger
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 3:45 am    Post subject:

dirka dirka wrote:
The Dagger wrote:
dirka dirka wrote:

wait a tic, they film in Hawaii!!! hmm, evil bastards!

I knew it....it is actually a reality show and no one knows it yet. That will be the big shocker at the end. LOL.
lakersdynasty999
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 8:26 am    Post subject:

very interesting theories all....

i dont think henry gale is the leader. if he was, he would have sent someone else to use to learn more about the others and not let himself get captured like that

but the thing that makes no sense to me is what happened when desmond put the key in? anyone have a theory on this? i know it meant it was over-discharged...but what are the consequences of that?

and lastly...locke was wrong...eko was right...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Reply with quote
lakersfreak
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 10:13 am    Post subject:

Since the hatch landed way down on the beach, my guess is it's "Blown Up Sir".

The best thing, hopefully, is no more "WAAAAAALLLLLLTTTTTTTT".
lakersdynasty999
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 6:48 pm    Post subject:

i think you will still here WAAAAAAAALT

at least i hope we do
dirka dirka
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 7:54 pm    Post subject:

lakersdynasty999 wrote:
i think you will still here WAAAAAAAALT

at least i hope we do

I doubt it, I believe they are writing Walt off the show because you can even notice how significantly Walt has grown over the past 2 years (in what was supposed to be about 60 days)
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3
Jump to: