OT - BREAKING NEWS : Jason Terry Suspended For Game 6
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
eureca
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 4:52 pm    Post subject:

clone wrote:
Now you guys know why they're called the Sterns? Talk about a cake walk to the conference finals. Lets see how we can help out the sterns, I got it, how about suspending the mavs second leading scorer and clutch shooter for a phantom punch and we know the sp*rs aren't going to lose a game 7 at home. Nice going NBA.

WTF? Have you even seen the series?
clone
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 4:54 pm    Post subject:

eureca wrote:
clone wrote:
Now you guys know why they're called the Sterns? Talk about a cake walk to the conference finals. Lets see how we can help out the sterns, I got it, how about suspending the mavs second leading scorer and clutch shooter for a phantom punch and we know the sp*rs aren't going to lose a game 7 at home. Nice going NBA.

WTF? Have you even seen the series?

Don't let the mavs getting the calls in this series fool you. Now the tide is turning. Its entertainment, more games= more $$$ & ratings

1949 1950 1952 1953 1954 1972 1980 1982 1985 1987 1988 2000 2001 2002 2009 2010
LAKERLVR
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 4:59 pm    Post subject:

clone wrote:

lol, it sure does make a lot of sense to put the NBA's smallest market team in the Finals when the leagues profit is generated by tv ratings in the playoffs. :roll:
unpossibl1
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 5:05 pm    Post subject:

LAKERLVR wrote:
clone wrote:

lol, it sure does make a lot of sense to put the NBA's smallest market team in the Finals when the leagues profit is generated by tv ratings in the playoffs. :roll:

No, but it does make sense to make sure that a series goes to 7 games.
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 5:28 pm    Post subject:

eureca wrote:
If Mavs dont pull out game 6 they are in big trouble. Also I find it funny Cuban has anything to say negative. His team has been getting away with everything this series the Spurs should probably already be in the WCF if the game was called fair.

Are you kidding?

There were at least four completely obvious times in Game 5 when the ball went out of bounds off the *purs and was unbelieveably ruled to be off Dallas instead.

The *purs scored on each one of those undeserved possessions. In a game Dallas "loses" by 1 point.

To say that Game 5 was anything other than completely slanted in the *purs favor by the refs would be inaccurate.
BraveHeartII
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 5:30 pm    Post subject:

Yup, the refs repaid the Spurs everything in kind in game 5. I haven't seen the replay, but suspending a guy in such a tight series is such (bleep). I mean, Bell took down Kobe in front of everyone and he gets just one game?
BraveHeartII
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 5:33 pm    Post subject:

clone wrote:

It might not be as big a deal because now the refs will call it loose, i.e in the Mavs favor, to even out. The Mavs also have a lot of other options to go to.
yellowledbetter
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 6:12 pm    Post subject:

i diidn't see it, but with the way Finley reacted i have to believe he was punched. A guy wouldn't react like that with seconds to go in a close, elimination game unless something happened. Finley doesn't strike me as the type of guy that would make that up trying to fish for a flagrant or tech or something, like Ginobli.
DuncanIdaho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 6:24 pm    Post subject:

So, is there any ref in the league worse than Dick Bavetta at this point?
yellowledbetter
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 6:25 pm    Post subject:

is Bavetta the one who gave Cookie a T for slapping the floor?
BraveHeartII
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 6:35 pm    Post subject:

No, that was Joey Crawford. And was Bavetta calling the game yesterday, I didn't notice
DuncanIdaho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 6:38 pm    Post subject:

I think Dick is calling the Clips right now. I can't tell because I'm at work, but that's what NBA.com says.
dirka dirka
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 7:02 pm    Post subject:

What about the double standard here? Did Reggie Evans get a suspension for an even worse punch? NO...Finely elbow dropped Terry trying to get the ball and Terry swung his fist up to hit him off. T? yes...suspension after the fact for a crucial game 6???

BS.
eureca
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 7:32 pm    Post subject:

dirka dirka wrote:
What about the double standard here? Did Reggie Evans get a suspension for an even worse punch? NO...Finely elbow dropped Terry trying to get the ball and Terry swung his fist up to hit him off. T? yes...suspension after the fact for a crucial game 6???

BS.

Two wrongs don't make a right. Hell yes Evans should have been suspended, but because he wasn't doesn't mean you shouldn't suspend someone else for punching someone in the balls.
prisma8slg
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 7:45 pm    Post subject:

I completely missed that. must of happened when I was in the shower. hmm...I still hope dallas has it in them to give the spurs the death blow

"I've seen it all. Sasha dunked on somebody," Kobe Bryant said. "I'm ready to retire now."
kobenbynum
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 11:06 pm    Post subject:

Oh that was BS all the way. Finely decided to play dog pile on Terry and Terry retaliated. More proof that this has become the WBF and not the NBA.

I wonder if Stern is getting advice from Vince McMahon?

Hooray Mitch!!!!
Vancouver Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 9:56 am    Post subject:

Good! I cant stand jason terry....his facial expressions are Wack.
romeo1921
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 11:22 am    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:
eureca wrote:
If Mavs dont pull out game 6 they are in big trouble. Also I find it funny Cuban has anything to say negative. His team has been getting away with everything this series the Spurs should probably already be in the WCF if the game was called fair.

Are you kidding?

There were at least four completely obvious times in Game 5 when the ball went out of bounds off the *purs and was unbelieveably ruled to be off Dallas instead.

The *purs scored on each one of those undeserved possessions. In a game Dallas "loses" by 1 point.

To say that Game 5 was anything other than completely slanted in the *purs favor by the refs would be inaccurate.

Even if that is true that's only one payback game for the 4 bad ones that favored dallas....i counted 6 times in the fourth quarter of games 2-4 that erick dampier grabbed duncan around the waist or by his arm to prevent duncan from helping on drives by daniels, terry, and harris which all resulted in layups and wins (1 win ot; 1 win by 1 point) for dallas
TIMMM
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 11:50 am    Post subject:

i gotta root for the spurs, i love the seasonal failures of the mavs
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 2:26 pm    Post subject:

There is not one decent basketball writer in this country.

Not a single one.

The morons are going on and on about Kobe's supposedly intentionally losing Game 7 (a game the Lakers were blown out of early and never had a chance in) convincing each other that there is a story there.

Yet Dunleavy commits one of the most ridiculous coaching errors ever and not one national writer even mentions it in print.

The only thing worse than the people running the NBA are the people covering the NBA. Guys like Simmons, etc. simply don't know enough about sports to be reporting on it.

Move Simmons to Entertainment Tonight already like that pansy rock star guy who realized he had no talent so he was better off being a purveyor of meaningless drivel on TV. Bill Simmons would be perfect for that.
ppineda
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 2:52 pm    Post subject:

clone wrote:

In what world does your argument make any sense?!!!

Are you suggesting that David Stern used his Jedi - like mind control powers to make Jason Terry punch Finley in the balls??!!!

If anyone did this they deserve to be suspended, period!

So would you only want a fine if Terry punched Kobe in the balls?
clone
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 10:04 pm    Post subject:

ppineda wrote:
clone wrote:

In what world does your argument make any sense?!!!

Are you suggesting that David Stern used his Jedi - like mind control powers to make Jason Terry punch Finley in the balls??!!!

If anyone did this they deserve to be suspended, period!

So would you only want a fine if Terry punched Kobe in the balls?

I've seen worse things done and no suspension was given.

1949 1950 1952 1953 1954 1972 1980 1982 1985 1987 1988 2000 2001 2002 2009 2010
LHQ
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 2:56 pm    Post subject:

Disregard clone`s comments when referring to a Spurs topic, his hatred blinds him. Too bad, generally he is great poster.

Terry deserved the suspension? Yes.
The refs gave the Mavs Game 2,3 and 4? Yes
The refs gave the Spurs Game 5? Yes.

Not seen Game 6 yet, had time to tape it though, so dunno.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: