Xbox Live- Nba 2k6 Thread

View previous topic :: View next topic  
lakers0505
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 12:08 pm    Post subject: Xbox Live- Nba 2k6 Thread

Thought this would give everyone a few laughs, last night i played this guy on xbox live i beat him 3 times in a row, with him being the celtics and me being the L.A.K.E.R.S. That wasnt the good part, in the last game, i drilled a long Jumper over peirce too beat him in a tied game, it was in O.T and i beat him with none other than Kobe. That wasnt the great part, the guy went crazy and was like "OOOOO, Nooooo thats kobe, i Effin, hate kobe, good damn him, man i hate kobe man"...it was hilarious though, couldnt help but laugh. Obviously more signs of lakers and mostly kobe bryant hate, everyone i know is a hater ,except on here.

Last edited by lakers0505 on Fri May 19, 2006 12:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Zhengi
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 12:12 pm    Post subject:

That was great. Kobe for the win...

NOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

Lakers Dynasty 2000
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 12:16 pm    Post subject:

I use Odom aggresively, then get Kobe picking it up in the 2nd.

It never fails.

Use Kobe as distributor in 1st half, Odom can score big - especially when you move him to PG.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
lakers0505
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 12:51 pm    Post subject:

Lakers Dynasty 2000 wrote:
I use Odom aggresively, then get Kobe picking it up in the 2nd.

It never fails.

Use Kobe as distributor in 1st half, Odom can score big - especially when you move him to PG.

Yea online the rosters are updated so, smush can drill the open 3 for me as well. I usually do that as well, kobe distributes mostly and i play with the flow of the game, unless im in trouble ,then i do more 1 on 1. I usually use kobe at the 1, late in the game, but lamar being their would be a good idea. ive only played 5 games online so far, but its a better experience that i thought it would be, no lag or anything, fell free too post your xbox 360 nba 2k6 gamertags, maybe we could set up and online league if their is enough players.
1twojay
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 2:00 pm    Post subject:

I wish I could play 2k6 on Live so bad, it hurts.

WHY doesn't 2k sports release their games for Asia Region codes? WHY?

I hope 2k7 will be released in Asia...

If not i'm gonna have to buy a US XB360...
lakers0505
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 2:10 pm    Post subject:

1twojay wrote:

wow that sucks, that not everyone can play online, hopefully 2k7 will be like that, if not maybe nba live lets oversea's players go online.., can u guys even play halo 2 on live?
1twojay
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 2:25 am    Post subject:

lakers0505 wrote:
1twojay wrote:

wow that sucks, that not everyone can play online, hopefully 2k7 will be like that, if not maybe nba live lets oversea's players go online.., can u guys even play halo 2 on live?

Yea we get all EA games and most of the other titles, live included.

They havn't released any 2ksports for XB360 in Asia yet, we're pretty much left out. And we know how much EA Nba live sucks.
kobegonnaget10
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 12:10 pm    Post subject:

my GT is Moose 200X send me an invite if u wanna play
lakers0505
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 12:15 pm    Post subject:

Update On Nba 2k7

Quote:

E3 2006: NBA 2K7 Hands-On
Shaping up nicely
by Brent Childers
May 11, 2006 - The jerseys still fly around and sweat still realistically flows from players as the game progresses. And that's about all NBA 2K7 shares with its predecessor of last year on Xbox 360. Visually, everything is improved; it's evident with the Xbox version directly across the booth from the next generation version that this isn't just a high definition version of the same game.

Yes indeed, this year's NBA 2K7 is its own game and it's a true leap from the current generation to the next generation. The demo featured at the show is only listed as 50% complete and already it offers promise beyond that. The court shines beyond its lackluster glazed over court of yesteryear. This is noticeable from the get-go as the lights from various scoreboards high above reflect off of the court, giving the awesome details; the likes of which have not been seen until this point.

Further, every player in the demo from the Phoenix Suns and the Detroit Pistons has been given the VIP treatment from a visual standpoint. All ten men on the court have been given the smallest details. From the accurate looks of the Wallace's to the plastic facemask of Richard Hamilton, the finest details are all in the game.

And even beyond that, every detail you'd expect to see at an NBA game, you will see in NBA 2K7. The advertisements on the announcer's booth periodically change and the cheerleaders sit on the sidelines, standing up after each successful basket made by the home team. Each coach is there too, barking orders from the sidelines and pacing back and forth. At half-time, the cheerleaders come off the sidelines accompanied by Go Gorilla (The Phoenix Suns' mascot). NBA 2K7 has everything but the Gatorade on the sidelines… oh wait, that's there too. And it's all accurate and very, very impressive.

But attention to detail exceeds far beyond its sexy exterior. This isn't just some candy-coated basketball title with the NBA license slapped on it to make a quick buck.

Every player featured in the demo has their own signature moves and shots. The controls are easy to get into and even the AI in the demo version was smart enough to utilize some of the moves to find the holes left in the defense by the human player.

As is the trend of finding new ways to make the right analog stick useful in sports games, NBA 2K7 continues it. Only unlike some games, it actually works. You can still use X to shoot, but you can also use the analog stick as well. In addition, when playing defense, the analog stick allows you to cutoff a pass and steal the ball or stick your hands up to block a pass. Again, animation is extremely fluid and it actually works, and not just another right analog stick gimmick.

The camera work is another interesting feature this year. It stays in one position for most of the game, but it does shift around from time to time and angle to angle depending on the situation. It's not bothersome at all and gives the game more of a TV style presentation.

In order to prevent the action from slowing down, Visual Concepts has also utilized the d-pad to let users make coaching decisions on the fly without pausing or calling a timeout in the middle of the game. It's seamless and easy to use without being a distraction to the player.

So with all of the improvements to NBA 2K7, it's shaping up to be the game that NBA 2K6 should have been at launch. The dunks aren't as crazy as last years, though I did see one made from near the three point line. Nonetheless, everything takes a more realistic approach in 2K7, but it doesn't do it without spoiling the fun. All in all, NBA 2K7 has jumped from being something that I didn't really think much about to being one of my most anticipated sports titles of the year. Be on the lookout for it in the Fall of this year.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: