Bron
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LALAKE
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 7:50 pm    Post subject: Bron

1-2 in the 4th quarter and 4 TOs......

He quit.......
Zhengi
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 7:51 pm    Post subject:

Bron needs to stop being selfish and pick it up.

Last edited by Zhengi on Fri May 19, 2006 7:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number Reply with quote
OdomX2
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 7:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Bron

LALAKE wrote:
1-2 in the 4th quarter and 4 TOs......

He quit.......

Nah, his teammates let him down
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 9:23 pm    Post subject:

7 turnovers. ouch.

to be fair...lebron has been playing AMAZING these playoffs. keep in mind how old he is. lets not judge lebron for the media's love affair with him. he's a great player and he's got me rooting for the cavs over every other team still alive in the playoffs now.
OdomX2
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 9:27 pm    Post subject:

da ocho wrote:
7 turnovers. ouch.

to be fair...lebron has been playing AMAZING these playoffs. keep in mind how old he is. lets not judge lebron for the media's love affair with him. he's a great player and he's got me rooting for the cavs over every other team still alive in the playoffs now.

Kobe won a title at 21. Magic at what 19?
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 9:31 pm    Post subject:

OdomX2 wrote:
da ocho wrote:
7 turnovers. ouch.

so what dude? does lebron have to be the best of all time in order to be great? kobe didn't have to lead his team at his age and neither did magic. i'm not saying lebron is better than either of those guys b/c he's not (magic imo is GOAT). putting unfair expectations on lebron is the same ignorant bullcrap that the media puts on kobe. kobe's not better than jordan so he sucks, right?

i think lebron is an enormous talent and anyone who talks mess on him is jealous and/or doesn't watch basketball.
KobeButler
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 9:32 pm    Post subject:

Darko won a ring at the age of 18.

Darko wins!
doughboy90650
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 9:32 pm    Post subject:

OdomX2 wrote:
da ocho wrote:
7 turnovers. ouch.

Kobe won with Shaquille, Horry, Fox, Fisher, Rice, etc ... he hadda great cast around him

Magic won with Kareem, Silk, Nixon, Coop and a great cast around him as well.

You damn sure cant compare Marshall, Z, Flip et al to those players .....
Charles
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 9:35 pm    Post subject:

There's no need to bring Bron down because we love Kobe.

Bron is an amazing player to watch
OdomX2
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 9:35 pm    Post subject:

da ocho wrote:
OdomX2 wrote:
da ocho wrote:
7 turnovers. ouch.

so what dude? does lebron have to be the best of all time in order to be great? kobe didn't have to lead his team at his age and neither did magic. i'm not saying lebron is better than either of those guys b/c he's not (magic imo is GOAT). putting unfair expectations on lebron is the same ignorant bullcrap that the media puts on kobe. kobe's not better than jordan so he sucks, right?

i think lebron is an enormous talent and anyone who talks mess on him is jealous and/or doesn't watch basketball.

No, but he should win more than 1 series in his ENTIRE CAREER before we all annoit him great...and what should the expectations be? The guy has Chosen 1 tatooed on his back. He plays with two other all stars in a pathetic East, the media voted him ahead of Kobe for MVP, the expectations should be a title, shouldn't they?
doughboy90650
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 9:38 pm    Post subject:

KobeButler wrote:
Darko won a ring at the age of 18.

Darko wins!

lol ... Darko led the Pistons that year ..... total domination over our boys

Darko > all
OdomX2
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 9:38 pm    Post subject:

Charles wrote:
There's no need to bring Bron down because we love Kobe.

Bron is an amazing player to watch

Yah, real entertaining watching either a travel, a turnover or a free throw. Oh and the occassional requisite cheat on defense for a dunk.
doughboy90650
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 9:39 pm    Post subject:

^^^^ I tell you, the hate is strong for this kid ..... lol
OdomX2
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 9:39 pm    Post subject:

doughboy90650 wrote:
^^^^ I tell you, the hate is strong for this kid ..... lol

Not as strong as the hype.
doughboy90650
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 9:43 pm    Post subject:

Hype, Shmype, crackpipe ........

I thought he was overhyped when he came out as well. ESPN showing his games vs 10th and 11th graders. Wait until he plays some grown ass men, I said.

He's playing grown ass men and only avg'd 31, 7 and 7. He's lives up to the hype and surpassed it. I guess it kills you to get him some props.
OdomX2
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 9:49 pm    Post subject:

doughboy90650 wrote:

I thought he was overhyped when he came out as well. ESPN showing his games vs 10th and 11th graders. Wait until he plays some grown ass men, I said.

He's playing grown ass men and only avg'd 31, 7 and 7. He's lives up to the hype and surpassed it. I guess it kills you to get him some props.

Didn't mean to offend the Lebron James Chosen 1 crew. He's a fine player and the league is going to make sure he has every advantage in the world. I'll save my props for when he actually wins something...ANYTHING!
Charles
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 9:52 pm    Post subject:

I'm not annointing Bron the next MJ or anything of the sort.

I'm just pointing out that the love affair with Kobe or the hype from ESPN is a reason to hate on LeBron's game. It's not his fault.

Why can't we just sit back and watch an extremely talented player go to work?

just for you delusionists, once again I'm not comparing LeBron to Magic or anything. I just enjoy watching good basketball.
doughboy90650
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 9:53 pm    Post subject:

OdomX2 wrote:
doughboy90650 wrote:

Didn't mean to offend the Lebron James Chosen 1 crew. He's a fine player and the league is going to make sure he has every advantage in the world. I'll save my props for when he actually wins something...ANYTHING!

lol @ offended .... it's not offensive. It's being a basketball fan before being a lakers fan. People were saying the exact same thing about Kobe being chosen on the All-Star team without really doing a thing ..... the hype had him starting when he was the sixth man off the bench. The Next MJ. You can't get no more hype than that.

Did Kobe win anything then? Nope. Yes Kobe's got three rings, but all three were as option 2.

Now Kobe and LeBron can race and see who can lead their teams to titles.

Last edited by doughboy90650 on Fri May 19, 2006 10:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
OdomX2
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 9:55 pm    Post subject:

doughboy90650 wrote:
OdomX2 wrote:
doughboy90650 wrote:

lol @ offended .... it's not offensive. It's being a basketball fan before being a lakers fan. People were saying the exact same thing about Kobe being chosen on the All-Star team without really doing a thing ..... the hype. The Next MJ. You can't get no more hype than that.

Did Kobe win anything then? Nope. Yes Kobe's got three rings, but all three were as option 2.

Now Kobe and LeBron can race and see who can lead their teams to titles.

You call Kobe option 2, you lost all credibility and now your crush on James makes sense.
doughboy90650
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 9:56 pm    Post subject:

OdomX2 wrote:

He's a fine player and the league is going to make sure he has every advantage in the world.

Kinda like 27 free throw in one quarter of an elimination game, right?
OdomX2
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 9:57 pm    Post subject:

doughboy90650 wrote:
OdomX2 wrote:

He's a fine player and the league is going to make sure he has every advantage in the world.

Are you comparing a team's totals to 1 player? Kings fan?
doughboy90650
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 10:00 pm    Post subject:

Come on now, I love Kobe but those title years, Shaquille was clearly the number one option every time down until late in the 4th, and we all know why he couldn't be an option then. Phil ran the offense through Shaquille.

I'm not saying Kobe didn't help the Lakers win those titles, that would be foolish. Kobe was the MVP during the Western Conference playoffs. But now Kobe is option 1. This is his team. That's all I'm saying. No credibilty was lost for telling the truth.

If you honestly think Kobe wasn't option 2 in those title years, then you really need to pull off those 8 sunglasses.

Last edited by doughboy90650 on Fri May 19, 2006 10:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
doughboy90650
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 10:02 pm    Post subject:

OdomX2 wrote:
doughboy90650 wrote:
OdomX2 wrote:

Are you comparing a team's totals to 1 player? Kings fan?

Nope, I'm a Lakers fan just stating fact. You claim the NBA will give him every opportunity, I guess saying they will cheat or bend the rules for him. I just presented evidence that you could say they did the same thing for the Lakers. When was the last time anyone seen 27 freethrow to one team in one quarter?

That's all I'm saying. You can be a die hard Lakers fan and give major props to a member of some other team.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 2:12 am    Post subject:

OdomX2 wrote:
da ocho wrote:
OdomX2 wrote:
da ocho wrote:
7 turnovers. ouch.

No, but he should win more than 1 series in his ENTIRE CAREER before we all annoit him great...and what should the expectations be? The guy has Chosen 1 tatooed on his back. He plays with two other all stars in a pathetic East, the media voted him ahead of Kobe for MVP, the expectations should be a title, shouldn't they?

i assume by two all stars you are referring to big Z and larry hughes. they are playing w/out huges right now. taking the detroit pistons to 7 games at the age of 21 makes him great. you can disagree with that but leading a team at that age against the best team in the leauge is an accomplishment. you are buying into the media hype that he is already the best player in the leauge and you thus have incredibly high expectations. he's not the best player in the L...but he may be the best 21 year old ever. he got more MVP votes than kobe b/c he was a legit candidate and the media hates kobe. it is unfair to compare lebron to kobe just as it is unfair to compare kobe to jordan. again..you can like kobe and lebron at the same time and it doesn't take anything away from either player.
insidepresence
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 6:31 am    Post subject:

The only thing I am a witness too is Lebron taking Kobe's glory. I love the guy, but I hate the way the media portrays him. I swear Bill Simmons is in the process of building a shrine to him where he can worship 24/7
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: