Lebron scores 5 points in 2nd half & does not get BASHED...(WOW)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lakers5150
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 1:15 pm    Post subject:

Username wrote:
LeBron didn't score but at least he was TRYING to. Kobe totally took himself out of the offense and looked like he didn't want to be out there.

Oh give me a break, yeah Kobe was trying to lose.

Some of the pointless word barf that is spouted on here is incredible.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Reply with quote
Sage_10
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 1:25 pm    Post subject:

Username wrote:
There's a big difference. LeBron took 9 shots, Kobe took 3. LeBron played one of the top defensive teams in the NBA, Kobe played the Suns.

LeBron didn't score but at least he was TRYING to. Kobe totally took himself out of the offense and looked like he didn't want to be out there.

Right :roll: . And if his teammates had made all their open looks the Lakers would have been in the game and Kobe would have been celebrated for being so unselfish.
kobester
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 1:28 pm    Post subject:

Username wrote:

LeBron is a 21 year old in his first playoff season. Kobe is a 10 year veteran who's been in countless playoff games. That's not an excuse for LeBron, but it's certainly understandable that he'd come up short against what is maybe the best defensive teams of this decade so far.

So you mean, kobe has been there done that and he is much better player than Lebron right now, hence the double stardards are understandable. I wonder how long Lebron can hide behind his age.

Username wrote:

The difference, for me, was LeBron just didn't play well down the stretch, while Kobe didn't play AT ALL down the stretch. Yeah Kobe was being double teamed, well guess what, he's double teamed every freaking game of the season. That doesn't stop him from getting his.

All Kobe did in that second half was stand on at the perimiter and swing the ball around.

He played the similar way the entire series. Remember Game 4? The shot which sent the game to OT was the first shot kobe took in the 4th quarter. Did you criticize kobe's play that day?

Username wrote:

Kobe's problem is he doesn't know how to blur the line between being a scorer and getting his teammates involved, and 10 years in and not having that figured out is a bit scary. Kobe either goes into total scoring mode where he ignores everyone else, or he completely takes himself out of the offense and just parks himself at the perimiter. There's no inbetween for him.

I agree it's kobe's biggest problem. However to find the thin line between taking over a game and getting his teammates involved is not as simple as you think. I believe it's a huge challenge for every elite player in the league. It's a problem for Tmac, AI, Lamar, Diaw, Lebron and even Nash. Do you remember the talks about making Nash a scorer to beat his team? Waht about Lebron in game 7, did his teammates got involved? So stop being so harsh on Kobe just because you watch him play every game and assume he is the only star who makes bad decisions

Last edited by kobester on Mon May 22, 2006 2:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Lakers5150
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 1:30 pm    Post subject:

[sarcasm]Well Michael Jordan never made any bad decisions on the court.[/sarcasm]
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Reply with quote
lkrfn
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 1:31 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
The media are not more biased than the posters here, and Lebron has been bashed plenty.

You are delusional. And you are also the worst "Laker fan" (if you even really are, which I doubt)
NoMoreGame7s
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 1:36 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
NoMoreGame7s wrote:

you're insinuating that the bashing LeBron takes on our site is just as wrong and harmful as the bashing that Kobe takes on ESPN, and in the national media?

All I am saying is that Lebron isn't escaping criticism.

Well, no. He isn't escaping criticism on Lakersground.net. He most definitely IS escaping criticism from the national media. Do you think we'd have issues with the criticism Kobe receives if he only received it on Cavaliersground.net? Not a chance.

Is it that you can't see the double standard, or is it that you don't care? And if you don't care about it, why does it bother you that other people do care about it?
Raptor2k
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 2:26 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
The media are not more biased than the posters here, and Lebron has been bashed plenty.

Seriously, at least ask a moderator to take out 'lakersfan' out of your username.
Melon Tea
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 2:30 pm    Post subject:

1st of all, Kobe had a weaker defender on him, Raja Bell. Secondly, LBJ scored 2 more points than Kobe, 3 more if you don't count the technical. And 3rd, Kobe has been in the league 10 years, LBJ has been here only 3, giving Kobe more experience. That's why Kobe was bashed more than LBJ.
OdomX2
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 3:05 pm    Post subject:

Melon Tea wrote:
1st of all, Kobe had a weaker defender on him, Raja Bell. Secondly, LBJ scored 2 more points than Kobe, 3 more if you don't count the technical. And 3rd, Kobe has been in the league 10 years, LBJ has been here only 3, giving Kobe more experience. That's why Kobe was bashed more than LBJ.

Raja Bell a weaker defender? Do you watch the NBA? Lebron choked, 1-9 with ZERO assists and 3 turnovers in the 2nd half. Kobe played a complete team game and passed out of the triple. To compare the two really reveals a total lack of knowledge.
Sage_10
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 3:10 pm    Post subject:

Melon Tea wrote:

Raja's a better individual defender than Billups or Rip. If Tayshaun was guarding him. And by the way 10 and 3 rings vs. 3 years and 1 playoff appearance.
JUST-MING
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 3:23 pm    Post subject:

Sage_10 wrote:
Melon Tea wrote:

Raja's a better individual defender than Billups or Rip. If Tayshaun was guarding him. And by the way 10 and 3 rings vs. 3 years and 1 playoff appearance.

Not really. If Kobe got away with what LeBron was able to get away with, he would've ripped Raja a new one. Raja tried to draw an offensive foul on Kobe on each post-up. LeBron was able to charge through Jefferies, and get free throws on each charge on the Pistons defense. LeBron was literally untouchable. Kobe had knots on his head and was in early foul trouble.
NoMoreGame7s
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 3:25 pm    Post subject:

Melon Tea wrote:

There is one reason and one reason alone that Kobe is getting trashed as much as he is: HATE. Pure and simple. Nothing more, nothing less.
lakerfan4life
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 3:30 pm    Post subject:

Lakers5150 wrote:
Username wrote:

username has a point. Yes we ALL knoww that Kobe would NEVER try to lose a game and he wasn't, but taking three shots and scoring 3 points in the second half doesnt make it look great for Kobe. LeBron at least looked as if he were tryiing, but the Detroit defense got the best of him. I mean Kobe cuda scored at will it was the freakign SUNS.
JUST-MING
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 3:33 pm    Post subject:

lakerfan4life wrote:
Lakers5150 wrote:
Username wrote:

username has a point. Yes we ALL knoww that Kobe would NEVER try to lose a game and he wasn't, but taking three shots and scoring 3 points in the second half doesnt make it look great for Kobe. LeBron at least looked as if he were tryiing, but the Detroit defense got the best of him. I mean Kobe cuda scored at will it was the freakign SUNS.

First Half: (Kobe with 23 points in the half)

Lakers 45
Phoenix 60

Second Half:

Lakers 45
Phoenix 61

IT WAS NOT KOBE'S FAULT!
ARCADE
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 3:35 pm    Post subject:

lakerfan4life wrote:
Lakers5150 wrote:
Username wrote:

Yea, but you honestly think that if the Lakers were down by ten in the fourth quarter, kobe wouldn't have been aggressive? Its not the same. Lebron was down by 10. Kobe was down by 30. Big difference.
Laker Lurker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 3:36 pm    Post subject:

NoMoreGame7s wrote:
Melon Tea wrote:

There is one reason and one reason alone that Kobe is getting trashed as much as he is: HATE. Pure and simple. Nothing more, nothing less.

People use "hate" so much around here, it is meaningless now- like "boo" or "shucks". fact is , Kobe got his share of props when the lakers were winning championships, now that they are barely making the playoffs and lost in the 1st round , kobe's getting trashed. Thats life.
lakerfan4life
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 3:36 pm    Post subject:

jminges wrote:
lakerfan4life wrote:
Lakers5150 wrote:
Username wrote:

Lakers 45
Phoenix 60

Second Half:

Lakers 45
Phoenix 61

IT WAS NOT KOBE'S FAULT!

Nobody said it was Kobe's fault but does taking 3 shots and scroing 3 points in the second half of a Game 7 when you are a superstar player look like you were trying to win. I think not
Donia Jamieson
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 3:40 pm    Post subject:

lakerfan4life wrote:
jminges wrote:
lakerfan4life wrote:
Lakers5150 wrote:
Username wrote:

Lakers 45
Phoenix 60

Second Half:

Lakers 45
Phoenix 61

IT WAS NOT KOBE'S FAULT!

Nobody said it was Kobe's fault but does taking 3 shots and scroing 3 points in the second half of a Game 7 when you are a superstar player look like you were trying to win. I think not

Honestly, this crap is getting ridiculous now. You "think Not?" LOL

Do you have any understanding of the game other than how many points someone scores?
JUST-MING
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 3:41 pm    Post subject:

lakerfan4life wrote:
jminges wrote:
lakerfan4life wrote:
Lakers5150 wrote:
Username wrote:

Lakers 45
Phoenix 60

Second Half:

Lakers 45
Phoenix 61

IT WAS NOT KOBE'S FAULT!

Gameplan? How to demoralize Phoenix and Detriot? Didn't listen to Kobe (on TNT) or what we've been writing have you?
lakerfan4life
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 3:46 pm    Post subject:

Donia Jamieson wrote:
lakerfan4life wrote:
jminges wrote:
lakerfan4life wrote:
Lakers5150 wrote:
Username wrote:

Lakers 45
Phoenix 60

Second Half:

Lakers 45
Phoenix 61

IT WAS NOT KOBE'S FAULT!

Honestly, this crap is getting ridiculous now. You "think Not?" LOL

Do you have any understanding of the game other than how many points someone scores?

Lets throw out the whole 3 points thing. Three effing shots in 24 minutes. You are in a game 7. If kobe scored three points and took 10 shots ppl would say Kobe needs to play better step up bla bla, but they would NEVER bring up him not trying. This is the same (bleep) we saw in Sacramento.
lakerfan4life
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 3:48 pm    Post subject:

jminges wrote:
lakerfan4life wrote:
jminges wrote:
lakerfan4life wrote:
Lakers5150 wrote:
Username wrote:

Lakers 45
Phoenix 60

Second Half:

Lakers 45
Phoenix 61

IT WAS NOT KOBE'S FAULT!

Gameplan? How to demoralize Phoenix and Detriot? Didn't listen to Kobe (on TNT) or what we've been writing have you?

YEa he said scoring doesnt hurt the Suns but um 3 shots and 3 points doesnt help the Lakers does it? its a little too few for me
JUST-MING
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 3:50 pm    Post subject:

lakerfan4life wrote:
YEa he said scoring doesnt hurt the Suns but um 3 shots and 3 points doesnt help the Lakers does it? its a little too few for me

You're right man, if Kobe tried to score on Phoenix, got 23+ in the quarter, we would've won without playing defense. :roll:
lakerfan4life
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 3:57 pm    Post subject:

jminges wrote:
lakerfan4life wrote:

You're right man, if Kobe tried to score on Phoenix, got 23+ in the quarter, we would've won without playing defense. :roll:

We might have but what we DO know is that kobe scored 3 pts and took 3 shots and we LOST. Not blaming it on Kobe but those are the facts
drzucchini
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 4:08 pm    Post subject:

lakerfan4life wrote:
jminges wrote:
lakerfan4life wrote:

We might have but what we DO know is that kobe scored 3 pts and took 3 shots and we LOST. Not blaming it on Kobe but those are the facts

So, let me get this straight: if Kobe had scored more, the Bryantaires would have miraculously played better defense, despite the fact that it was never that way throughout the season. Is that correct? If so, I can't argue with that brilliant logic.

On a related note, I feel intimidated knowing that we have Mensa members on this board.
lakerfan4life
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 4:13 pm    Post subject:

drzucchini wrote:
lakerfan4life wrote:
jminges wrote:
lakerfan4life wrote:

So, let me get this straight: if Kobe had scored more, the Bryantaires would have miraculously played better defense, despite the fact that it was never that way throughout the season. Is that correct? If so, I can't argue with that brilliant logic.

On a related note, I feel intimidated knowing that we have Mensa members on this board.

Ahh yes the logic of passing to your teamates untill they score worked out great for us didnt it?
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4
Jump to: