Nets To Consider Getting Kenyon Martin Back

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lakerfan 4 Life
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 12:16 pm    Post subject: Nets To Consider Getting Kenyon Martin Back

"Two Nets sources said the team has and will continue to discuss whether obtaining (Kenyon) Martin this summer is realistic and feasible. Martin, suspended by the Nuggets for yelling at George Karl during the playoffs, has five years and $70 million remaining on his contract. He will be available. The Nets didn't want to pay that kind of money to Martin two summers ago, but the Nuggets may be desperate enough now to cut ties with the power forward, depending on who replaces recently departed GM Kiki Vandeweghe."

"Nets president Rod Thorn says he does not want to trade Jason Kidd, Vince Carter, Richard Jefferson or Nenad Krstic unless a superstar comes back in return. He would like to reload through free agency and the draft, but this year's free-agency crop is Shawn Bradley-like thin."

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/basketball/story/419934p-354559c.html
vanexelent
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 1:30 pm    Post subject:

Why on Earth would any team even consider bailing out the Nuggets with accepting a trade for this studio gansta? Is there more of a liability in the league right now? Well, Shaq maybe, but at least he never had major knee surgery.

By the way, how can the Nets afford all these players? Wouldn't that require them to trade either of their big 3?
Socks
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 1:33 pm    Post subject:

Let 'em have him and his overrated game and huge contract.
AirKobe8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 1:44 pm    Post subject:

vanexelent wrote:
Why on Earth would any team even consider bailing out the Nuggets with accepting a trade for this studio gansta? Is there more of a liability in the league right now? Well, Shaq maybe, but at least he never had major knee surgery.

By the way, how can the Nets afford all these players? Wouldn't that require them to trade either of their big 3?

Studio Gangsta

Where the real compton city Gs at?
lakers0505
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 2:01 pm    Post subject:

vanexelent wrote:

i think their is something with Jefferson's contract , i forgot what it was about, but some kind of clause that they have in it, that expires around july. Excuse me if this sounds stupid, but i did read somewhere they was something different in his contract right now, that will expire after july.
Dorray
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 2:24 pm    Post subject:

How the heck can they afford him back? Kidd can probably make him decent again but they would practically have to give him up to get K-Mart lol.
vanexelent
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 8:27 pm    Post subject:

AirKobe8 wrote:
vanexelent wrote:

Studio Gangsta

Where the real compton city Gs at?

Eazy E's last credible song. I used to watch this video on "The Box" pay-per-video.

But in all seriousness, I do think Kenyon Martin resembles this description. How hard does he think he is? He's as soft as they come and he's yelling up a storm every game he plays in.
Laker_Leo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 9:12 pm    Post subject:

Socks wrote:
Let 'em have him and his overrated game and huge contract.

Couldn't of said it better myself.
Zhengi
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 9:16 pm    Post subject:

I think the Nets would be much improved if they get Martin back without giving away any of their 4 major players. The Nuggets are seriously looking for some cap space and they might be willing to take anything for Martin right now. At the moment though, the Nets have no way of getting Martin. So a third team might be needed.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: