Its A Done Deal. Lebron Is STAYING
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LTD
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 8:31 pm    Post subject:

LMAO @ puppy. It's comedy at it's best that some really believe that Bron is not going to sign an extension so that he can force his way to LA. I'm tempted to bump up all of the posts saying the same crap with regards ot Amare and Yao.
The Mike
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 8:41 pm    Post subject:

Agar5 wrote:
Did anyone really think he would leave?

That was exactly my thought.
"Kobe Bryant is an absolute nightmare. You can hold your breath, send for help, sacrifice a chicken, it won't matter. Kobe Bryant is coming for you. He's got the ball and he's going to score...some way, some how."
Dancing Barry
lkrfn
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 10:51 pm    Post subject:

DocK36 wrote:
So can Mitch and Buss wake up and offer the MLE for more than two years and get some players who can actually play.

Exactly! What do they need Lerbon for? We have Kobe, remember him? They've wasted two years of Kobe's career, already. Lebron isn't going anywhere outside of Cleveland; I don't need an article to tell me that.
Big Money
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 11:15 pm    Post subject:

lkrfn wrote:
DocK36 wrote:
So can Mitch and Buss wake up and offer the MLE for more than two years and get some players who can actually play.

Exactly! What do they need Lerbon for? We have Kobe, remember him? They've wasted two years of Kobe's career, already. Lebron isn't going anywhere outside of Cleveland; I don't need an article to tell me that.

Walter Sobchak
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 9:22 am    Post subject:

Some of you, quite frankly, are idiots. The Lakers are capped out right now, and for next year too. What moves can they make that can make the Lakers champs this summer? What moves could they have made last year? Mitch and Buss would gladly scrap the 2008 plan if they could net some players that would make the Lakers title contenders, but who are these players? You guys think the Lakers are so close to the title that adding someone like Banks is gonna push them over the top? You're crazy. The Lakers need a lot more than a guy who was a borderline starter for a lottery team with about the same numbers as Smush to bring home another title.

Read the article again, LeBron staying in Cleveland is by no means a done deal. The artilce even says that naysayers think there's no way he'll stay. Even if he does stay, he's not gonna be the only big free agent in 2008. Unless a truly incredible deal comes the Lakers' way, they should stay the course. Remember, it's not about making sure Kobe gets his glory, it's about winning Laker championships, and for now the 2008 plan is probably the best way to get there.

Just a reminder folks: "a lot" is two words. So is "no one".
LTD
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 2:41 pm    Post subject:

Well in all honesty, I think that the folks that believe that Bron is going to hold Cleveland hostage and force them to trade him to LA (which is what would have to be done because there's no way in hell he's going to take less money) are idiots.

The Yao/Amare pipe is gone. Soon the Bron pipe will be gone, but what the heck, Howard, Okafor and crew are scheduled to be free agents in 2009. If not them, then Bogut and crew should be available in 2010. Or worse case scenario, maybe Oden will be available in 2012 or 2013. Surely, we won't strike out that many years in a row. (rolls eyes)
Walter Sobchak
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 5:15 pm    Post subject:

LTD wrote:
Well in all honesty, I think that the folks that believe that Bron is going to hold Cleveland hostage and force them to trade him to LA (which is what would have to be done because there's no way in hell he's going to take less money) are idiots.

The Yao/Amare pipe is gone. Soon the Bron pipe will be gone, but what the heck, Howard, Okafor and crew are scheduled to be free agents in 2009. If not them, then Bogut and crew should be available in 2010. Or worse case scenario, maybe Oden will be available in 2012 or 2013. Surely, we won't strike out that many years in a row. (rolls eyes)

I probably deserved that, but I want to clear something up: I don't think that LeBron is going to hold Cleveland up or that he's definitely gonna leave or anything like that. But I do believe it is possible, even if it's a remote possibility. If LeBron does want out, he might try to force a S&T in 2008 (they would never do it before then cause they wouldn't get anything in return), but if Cleveland calls his bluff the way the Lakers did with Kobe, then maybe he'd stay. But maybe he would leave for slightly less money. This same posture is what Tracy McGrady and Grant Hill took with their teams when they both ended up winning the poker game and getting their S&T deals to the Magic. LeBron might do that, you never know.

Also, LeBron isn't the only big free agent in 2008, he's just the most prominent, but there are many others. 2008 is often referenced by sportswiters as this great free agent market. If the Lakers can get a real difference maker before then, then they should do it, but I don't want to see them miss out on a shot at a significant player in 2 years so they can get a borderline scrub now.

Just a reminder folks: "a lot" is two words. So is "no one".
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: