Doctors Make Progress With Mysterious Disease

View previous topic :: View next topic  
lakersfreak
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 10:22 am    Post subject: Doctors Make Progress With Mysterious Disease

OAKLAND -- A horrifying and fascinating disease is affecting thousands of people in the Bay Area, along the Gulf Coast and in Florida. Though some doctors have claimed the malady is psychosomatic, other scientists are making headway unraveling the mystery of Morgellons Disease.

Former Oakland A's pitcher Billy Koch has it. And so do his wife and their three children. And though they can afford top medical care, doctors have no answers.

It started in Oakland four years ago. Koch saved 44 games and was the top reliever in the major leagues. His fastball wowed crowds. And then the strangeness began.

"He freaked out. He wanted to ignore it … I wanted to too. But when it comes to your kids, you gotta stop ignoring it," said Koch's wife Brandi.

She describes their symptoms: "It was the scariest thing I had ever realized in my entire life. There was matter and black specks coming out and off of my skin."

Within two years -- at age 29 -- Billy Koch was out of baseball, partly because of the uncontrollable muscle twitching that went on for months at a time and often kept up him up all night.

The disease is characterized by slow healing skin lesions that often extrude small, dark filaments, especially after bathing.

"That's when it would really just ooze -- literally ooze out of my skin," explained Brandi Koch.

more:
http://www.ktvu.com/news/9264350/detail.html

Saw it on the news, very bizarre
lakez34
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 4:02 pm    Post subject:

That's some crazy disease.
angrypuppy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 10:33 am    Post subject:

That's one strange disease. Check out one of the symptoms:

Quote:
“Fibers” are reported in and on skin lesions. They are generally described by patients as white, but clinicians also report seeing blue, green, red, and black fibers, that fluoresce when viewed under ultraviolet light (Wood's lamp). Objects described as “granules”, similar in size and shape to sand grains, can occasionally be removed from either broken or intact skin by physicians, but are commonly reported by patients. Patients report seeing black “specks” or “dots” on or in their skin, as well as unusual 1-3 mm “fuzzballs” both in their lesions and on (or falling from) intact skin.

White, blue, red, or black fibers under the skin?!?

http://www.morgellons.org/casedef.html
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: