KARMA BELL!!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Supa
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 7:40 pm    Post subject:

jminges wrote:
Boris Diaw hits the dagger. I can't believe Steve Nash gets credit for this game.

Steve Nash's teammates have been saving him all playoffs long. In our series, he choked on a three pointer before Tim Thomas nailed it. Then in the Clippers series he was trying to give away game 5, then Raja Bell comes and saves the day. No matter what they do, the media will always find a way to give all the credit to Nash.
dadadada
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 7:40 pm    Post subject:

^ Are you serious? Nash was the reason Phoenix didn't get blown out.
Sage_10
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 7:42 pm    Post subject:

The Suns were down by seven until Nash orchestrates an 8-0 run to get them back in the game. He played like a stud down the stretch.
JUST-MING
Retired Number
Retired Number

statman wrote:
jminges wrote:
Boris Diaw hits the dagger. I can't believe Steve Nash gets credit for this game.

Wow, you must not have watched the game then. Nash scored or assisted on pretty much every bucket down the stretch. I can't believe you guys continue to dog on the MVP. He's got a team of journeymen on their way to the Finals.

I watched the ending. Sorry for not paying any attention to your favorite player. I saw Haris hit a duece and Diaw hit the GW'er. Not like I care. I read Raja got a message sent to him tonight. I hope your team loses.
Supa
Star Player
Star Player

dadadada wrote:
^ Are you serious? Nash was the reason Phoenix didn't get blown out.

Yes, I'm serious. They HAVE been saving him. I WISH some the Laker players would save the day the way the Nash's teammates do.
JUST-MING
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 7:44 pm    Post subject:

(bleep) stevenash
statman
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 7:46 pm    Post subject:

jminges wrote:
statman wrote:
jminges wrote:

Wow, you must not have watched the game then. Nash scored or assisted on pretty much every bucket down the stretch. I can't believe you guys continue to dog on the MVP. He's got a team of journeymen on their way to the Finals.

I watched the ending. Sorry for not paying any attention to your favorite player. I saw Haris hit a duece and Diaw hit the GW'er. Not like I care. I read Raja got a message sent to him tonight. I hope your team loses.

My team (the Clippers) already lost to Nash and the Suns. Believe me, I wish he didn't play that series either (game-winner in game #3, changed the entire defensive strategy of our club).

But you have to be blind to think Nash wasn't the best player in this game. He absolutely dominated.
Van-Exel26
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 7:48 pm    Post subject:

Come on fellas, you guys are going a bit overboard.
Laker Lurker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 7:50 pm    Post subject:

Supa wrote:
jminges wrote:

Steve Nash's teammates have been saving him all playoffs long. In our series, he choked on a three pointer before Tim Thomas nailed it. Then in the Clippers series he was trying to give away game 5, then Raja Bell comes and saves the day. No matter what they do, the media will always find a way to give all the credit to Nash.

Steve Nash
11-18, 27 Pts
5 Rebs, 16 Assists

Plus he hit the 25 footer that doomed Dallas and set them up for Diaw's dagger. Diaw wouldn't have hit the dagger if Nash didn't paralyze Dallas first.
rubintan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 7:51 pm    Post subject:

This win by the Suns should have an asterisk attached to it with the assist of the zebras. How could that be an offensive foul on Harris when it was Nash who grabbed his jersey.
JasonPR
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 7:54 pm    Post subject:

rubintan wrote:
This win by the Suns should have an asterisk attached to it with the assist of the zebras. How could that be an offensive foul on Harris when it was Nash who grabbed his jersey.

Mark Cuban is typing up the Blog as we speak!!!
Supa
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 7:55 pm    Post subject:

Let's not get it twisted, Nash is an amazing player and deserves A LOT of credit. But, NOBODY does it alone. Those guys are playing well with him because they're GOOD. Marion, Barbosa, and Diaw are NOT journeyman. Tim Thomas and Raja Bell are, but look at their history. They're not exactly chopped liver.

The gripe that I have is that everytime they mention the Suns success, they make it seem like he's playing with bums. He's not.
statman
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 8:01 pm    Post subject:

Yeah, but you coudn't find another player in the league who would take his teammates as far as he has. A lot of credit goes to D'Antoni and the system they run, but Nash has also been incredible. How a 6'1 guy who isn't even that fast can totally dominate a game is really beyond me. Stockton, as great as he was, was never as good as Nash has been the last two years.
33MDE
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 8:01 pm    Post subject:

Van-Exel26 wrote:

NO. Raja> .......Lakers & Clipper fans.
Zhengi
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 8:06 pm    Post subject:

Supa wrote:
Let's not get it twisted, Nash is an amazing player and deserves A LOT of credit. But, NOBODY does it alone. Those guys are playing well with him because they're GOOD. Marion, Barbosa, and Diaw are NOT journeyman. Tim Thomas and Raja Bell are, but look at their history. They're not exactly chopped liver.

The gripe that I have is that everytime they mention the Suns success, they make it seem like he's playing with bums. He's not.

Oh me, Oh my

Bingo!
Zhengi
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 8:09 pm    Post subject:

statman wrote:
Yeah, but you coudn't find another player in the league who would take his teammates as far as he has. A lot of credit goes to D'Antoni and the system they run, but Nash has also been incredible. How a 6'1 guy who isn't even that fast can totally dominate a game is really beyond me. Stockton, as great as he was, was never as good as Nash has been the last two years.

I give more credit to the moving screens than to Nash. If there were no moving screens, that team would have been out by the 1st round.
MyKRo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 8:11 pm    Post subject:

Van-Exel26 wrote:

(bleep) Raja Bell, I hope his achilles exploded after all the (bleep) he pulled in the 1st round.
Laker Lurker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 8:18 pm    Post subject:

Supa wrote:

He's not playing with bums- the bums are Mitchs picks. Other Than Nash and Marion, these guys are talented and Mitch had a shot at them. There were a lot a LG'ers who wanted Diaw when he was rotting in Atlanta who gave him up as filler. Tim Thomas was available and was kicked out of Chicago even if they had to pay him to get out. Barbosa has been rehashed a zillion times.

You can't blame Nash for having good players around him so the system works. Of course he is going to get most of the credit- its not like he got 5 points with zero assists against Dallas.. Is it his fault he had a great GM? He is a superior player because he makes the system work superbly.
orwell
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 8:32 pm    Post subject:

Zhengi wrote:
Oh me, Oh my

Bingo!

Zhengi, please don't join the dork side (aka "Clipper Nation").
Zhengi
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 8:52 pm    Post subject:

orwell wrote:
Zhengi wrote:
Oh me, Oh my

Bingo!

Zhengi, please don't join the dork side (aka "Clipper Nation").

Okay, sorry
lkrfn
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 9:29 pm    Post subject:

statman wrote:

What are you talking about?!!?! Stockton was and is better than Nash. Furthermore, Kidd is a thousand times better than Nash. Kidd also happens to play defense, something Nash has no concept of, unless it involves grabbing people's jerseys like the rest of his teammates. Where was Nash two seasons ago? Yes, he found a system that compliments him the most, but everyone with eyes, even Mr. Hater himself, Bill Simmons, knows that Nash's name wouldn't even be mentioned for MVP if it was for the "hush, hush" moving screens rule change. Nash Smash....
statman
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 10:22 pm    Post subject:

Nash is just as good of a passer as Stockton and a much better shooter. Stockton had longevity on his side, but at his peak he was never as good as Nash now.

Kidd has better teammates than Nash right now and his team finished with a worse record than the Suns and is currently out of the playoffs. He was also on Phoenix with Marion and never got anywhere. Nash is a better player than Kidd, because he is such a good shooter that the defense has to keep him honest, freeing him up to dictate the offense. Kidd has a more well-rounded game but it's the offense that counts here-- that's what is taking the Suns so far.
Flight
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 7:04 am    Post subject:

awwww. I feel so bad for Raja. Poor baby.
Nudizl_Forshizl
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 7:25 am    Post subject:

statman wrote:
jminges wrote:

What I can't believe is that hairball gets credit for Diaw's play. He seriously looks like a young James Worthy (in stretches) out there, great drop step and finish at the rim. Does Nash use psychic ability to give him those moves on an unassisted high post iso?
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 7:53 am    Post subject:

rubintan wrote:

To have that call made at that stage of the game in a Western Conference Finals game is a prime example of everything that is wrong with the NBA.

Best players in the world, they are amazing.

Absolutely the worst officiating and administration of any professional sport, including baseball. At least baseball finally fixed their umpiring problem, the NBA is mired in the muck under the very sleazy management of the NY television insider, David Stern.

What the NBA needs to do in my opinion is this:

1. Get a new commissioner. Worry less about manufacturing drama and more about cleaning up the officiating, scheduling and rules (playoff seeding for instance) of your sport.

Then maybe you will win back the casual fan that you have lost as the general consensus among a lot of casual sports fans is the NBA is a league of bad fundamentals, star treatment from the refs and bad basketball much of the time.

2. Fire all the officials and start over. From scratch. Bust their union by just getting rid of all of them and replace them with the top college and international refs you can find.

There will be a lot of struggles on the job, but I don't think you will have the type of blatant issues occuring with the current group of officials. Quite clearly, guys like Bernie Fryer and Joe Forte are being sent to execute a plan in the games they "officiate" that is something other than just calling the game correctly. I don't know why, but it is obvious something is very wrong whenever either of those two guys is on the floor in this year's playoffs.

3. Clean up the traveling, dribbling and most importantly the flopping. The flopping in particular is close to ruining the sport and making it a joke. Stop rewarding guys for not playing defense and falling down instead. Start calling 99% of those plays blocking instead of charge and watch how magically guys learn how to play the game standing up again.

I am tired of watching guys like Nash, Bell, Beak (Ginobili) flop over and over and over again instead of playing defense and getting rewarded for it.

There seems to be a lot of white guys in particular who use the flopping tactic and it is embarrassing to see that rewarded so often by (usually) white refs who somehow feel a kinship with some guy who is overmatched by a more athletic player and has to resort to falling down all the time and looking for the whistle instead of guarding his man.

If the NBA fixed those 3 issues, the league would not have to try and manufacture drama by fixing games using the officials to stretch out series and manufacture rivalries.

The NBA could be the best product ever but they can't get out of their own way long enough to make it happen.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3
Jump to: