I finally broke down and bought one - iPod
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
LaLakers999
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 3:29 pm    Post subject:

I bought a black nano as a birthday gift to my sister.

someday ill get an ipod for myself but for now i have me eye set on sirius satellite radio
KB8daDagger
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 3:46 pm    Post subject:

I just recently purchased the 60GB video ipod. Moving up from my 15gb regular ipod. I use it daily. The thing I like most is that you can make separate playlists. Yeah it might be very minute, but its handy. I have a playlist specifically for the gym(music that keeps me motivated to keep working out) especially on those days when you don't even want to be there. I even have a playlist for sleeping. I also enjoy podcasts and video podcasts which are free through the itunes music store. The cool part is you can subscribe to the ones you like, and everytime you plug in your ipod, itunes can be set up to update and add any new podcasts or videopodcasts automatically.

As far as accessories/peripherals...you can transfer tapes and even vinyl to your ipod. So for those vinyl enthusiasts, who have records that are not on cd or are able to find in digital format over the net...problem solved.

To each his own on whether or not an ipod is functional or not. But for me personally I use it everyday. Could I live without it...of course. But since I don't have to and since I have it...I'm going to enjoy it!!!

BTW...I'm planning on selling my 15gb ipod. Comes with everything, the box, never been used ear buds, software cd, manual, wall charger/firewire connection, and even a sport case w/belt clip. If anyone is interested, feel free to pm me.(JD, I'm not sure if I'm even allowed to mention that I have one that I'm planning on selling, so feel free to edit this out if it is not allowed)

Anybody want to give us an example of their current or favorite playlist??? We can get song.playlist ideas from each other.
showtime3232
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 6:09 pm    Post subject:

Zhengi, I'm sure you have your reasons for not liking the iPod, but I think your time might be better spent trying to repute someone buying $1000 worth of shoes, a $250 shoe, or something as lame and pointless as that.
eureca
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 6:56 pm    Post subject:

2 of my sisters bought the 300 dollar video ipods, because their friends were all like you have to have this its so cool. Its just the trend. They never use the video feature since the screen is so small they use it all the time for music. I tell them all the time they could get a MP3 player for under 300 they dont listen.

As for the APPLE help support that someone brought up. My sisters Ipod messed up after 2 weeks she called them and they sent her a new one pretty quick. Not sure how long her warranty is.

Last edited by eureca on Fri May 26, 2006 6:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Flight
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 6:57 pm    Post subject:

showtime3232 wrote:
K24B_Flight wrote:
I currently have an iPod Mini - 4gb. Holds about 1,000 songs. I absolutely LOVE the small size and functionality of it. I'm looking to upgrade to a 30 gb iPod, same as the one JD bought. I can't wait..

I used to be so against iPods, UNTIL I BOUGHT ONE. Now I really can't go anywhere without it. Heck, sometimes I forget to take my keys, but I always have my iPod with me.

I'm in EXACTLY the boat as you mate. I've just about run out of space on my iPod Mini (roughly 200mb left), and I'm looking to upgrade to the 30GB one. And I too, on occasions, forget my keys and phone in the car, whilst taking out my iPod at the same time.

Awesome. iPods rule!!
Charles
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 8:27 pm    Post subject:

There are programs you can find which convert video files to ipod and psp format and resolution. At least I'm sure there are.
Bergamotichek
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 8:46 pm    Post subject:

Charles wrote:
There are programs you can find which convert video files to ipod and psp format and resolution. At least I'm sure there are.

WinAVI makes a converter.
lakeshow03
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 8:53 pm    Post subject:

my first two ipods broke,and ive been going out of my mind ever since,but i have a good feeling about my next one...
Drifts
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2006 1:05 am    Post subject:

K24B_Flight wrote:
Word up, JD. Nothing comes close to the iPod. It's the Kobe of mp3 players. 8)

that explains the haters...
"Now, if life is coffee, then the jobs, money & position in society are the cups. They are just tools to hold & contain life, but the quality of life doesn't change. Sometimes, by concentrating only on the cup, we fail to enjoy the coffee in it."
Jesseca328
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2006 2:24 am    Post subject:

uberzev wrote:
Anyone try using a phone as their primary digital music player? Is it practical?
Eh!! My cell is an mp3 player but it only has 16mg, that's for pictures and videos also, so it pretty much sucks... My sisters phone has like 200mg or more i think and well she has a pretty good amount of music in it... She used to use it to work out but every time her cell rang the music would stop and the ring tone would come up... Maybe there's away to stop it from doing that but she didn't like it much so she stuck to her iPod shuffle... Oh yes she has the Sony Ericsson w600, eh pretty kool phone with a nice cam...

ALPHA ~ LakerSanity ~ 24 ~ Exick ~ ElginBaylor ~ TheBigRuski ~ re4ee ~ JerryMagicKobe ~ mbloves L.A. ~ unggoy ~ encina1~ Jesseca328 ~ phayze one ~ Flo'z
assassin08
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2006 8:49 am    Post subject:

Welcome onboard to the juggernaut that's the iPod, JD, lol... I don't have the iPod Video, but I did get my 4 gig. Nano back in Feb., and I've been pretty much seen with it all the time... it was one of the most expensive things I've ever bought, but I also feel like it was one of the most worthy purchases... Enjoy the fun,

ps.: anyone know a good dock that could be powered by AC as well as an audio/video line-out? I've been searching, but the results haven't been encouraging, I guess I'll just have to save up and get one of the iPod-stereo/speaker systems... too bad the Hi-Fi costs so much at the moment...
Lakers Dynasty 2000
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2006 9:39 am    Post subject:

JD, that's the beautiful thing about mpeg-4. On the iPod screen, the quality is nearly crystal clear! And of course, on a 30GB hard drive, my videos (all of them) take up about 3-4GB; and that's all of them.

One video at 15MB don't hurt anyone.

I have an:

"LD2k Videos" folder

And a

"LakeShow09 Videos" folder

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
BigAssLakerFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2006 1:47 pm    Post subject:

Lakers Dynasty 2000 wrote:
JD, that's the beautiful thing about mpeg-4. On the iPod screen, the quality is nearly crystal clear! And of course, on a 30GB hard drive, my videos (all of them) take up about 3-4GB; and that's all of them.

I have an:

"LD2k Videos" folder

And a

Just curious, do you watch your own videos?

back on topic, I have a iPod shuffle and the earbuds give me monster earaches, and even gave me an ear infection so I don't use them anymore. My brother bought a mp3 player for about half the price and it can do everything that the shuffle can do plus has radio and a display screen and voice recorder, and MUCH easier to put songs on and even get them off.

I can't figure out how to d/l the songs off of my iPod onto my computer, anyone know how?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Reply with quote
Bergamotichek
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2006 3:26 pm    Post subject:

BigAssLakerFan wrote:

I can't figure out how to d/l the songs off of my iPod onto my computer, anyone know how?

http://www.engadget.com/2004/11/02/how-to-get-music-off-your-ipod/
LakeShow09
LG Multimedia Team
LG Multimedia Team

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2006 7:57 pm    Post subject: Re: I finally broke down and bought one - iPod

JD wrote:
30GB + video

I'm impressed. Didn't think I really ever wanted, nor needed one... but now that I have it... WOW!

So where's the best place to download free video content (besides the obvious bittorrent)?

I did find this useful app, after coming close to throwing the damn thing out the window, trying to rip a few CDs onto it.

My new video works nicely on Ipods
LakeShow09
LG Multimedia Team
LG Multimedia Team

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2006 8:02 pm    Post subject:

Lakers Dynasty 2000 wrote:

I have an:

"LD2k Videos" folder

And a

Bergamotichek
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2006 8:49 pm    Post subject:

Dang...

I've been ripping CDs for 2 days now... and I've still got close to 40-45 more to go.

I'm just over 1600 songs right now.
AussieLakerFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2006 10:58 pm    Post subject:

iPod's are the bomb.

I've had 2, cause my first one got stolen (bastards), but, it was good timing because my second one was a Photo iPod with the color screen....

Now, I need someone to steal this one so I can get a video iPod....

JUST KIDDING!!!!!!!!! I can watch the video's on my LifeDrive...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Reply with quote
frijolero01
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 12:18 pm    Post subject:

ipods are the smallest form of penis compensation..........j/k guys sorry.
frijolero01
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 12:21 pm    Post subject:

nah but seriously........i dont know about everyone else, but i LOVE going to record stores....amoeba, backside, virgin...etc. i love cds not just for the music, but for the authenticity as well. The cover art, the facts, the cd art. with ipods, doesnt that restrict you from doing that because you can just download your music online?
Flight
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 12:26 pm    Post subject:

frijolero01 wrote:
nah but seriously........i dont know about everyone else, but i LOVE going to record stores....amoeba, backside, virgin...etc. i love cds not just for the music, but for the authenticity as well. The cover art, the facts, the cd art. with ipods, doesnt that restrict you from doing that because you can just download your music online?

You don't have to download or buy all of your music online. A lot of people like to buy and collect cds for the exact same reasons you gave, but then rip the music onto the ipod. A little bit of both.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 1:17 pm    Post subject:

don't know if you guys have seen this but the ipod+nike workout kit looks pretty darn cool.
frijolero01
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 1:17 pm    Post subject:

K24B_Flight wrote:
frijolero01 wrote:

You don't have to download or buy all of your music online. A lot of people like to buy and collect cds for the exact same reasons you gave, but then rip the music onto the ipod. A little bit of both.

ahh gotcha. but the one thing i hear from everybody that has an ipod is "i prefer ipods over cds" i dont know if they mean that they wont have to buy them or just carry them around. Its not that much less space for an ipod i think. its about 3 sq. inches less. Cd players are a lot smaller nowadays they also have the ability to play mp3's. So if you have a pack of 100 cd's with about 200 songs each.....well, really don't wanna do math but isnt that about the same or a little more than an ipod? it can also be pretty much infinite because all you have to do is spend about 10 bucks to get a pack of 50 cds and keep putting in songs. Do you have to buy a new ipod if you run out of space? im not trying to sound biased. I don't think one is better than the other. Its all a matter of personal preference. Even though I prefer the cd, i bet its a lot more convenient to have a little rectangle strapped to my arm while i workout.
Bergamotichek
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 6:33 pm    Post subject:

frijolero01 wrote:

ahh gotcha. but the one thing i hear from everybody that has an ipod is "i prefer ipods over cds" i dont know if they mean that they wont have to buy them or just carry them around. Its not that much less space for an ipod i think. its about 3 sq. inches less. Cd players are a lot smaller nowadays they also have the ability to play mp3's. So if you have a pack of 100 cd's with about 200 songs each.....well, really don't wanna do math but isnt that about the same or a little more than an ipod? it can also be pretty much infinite because all you have to do is spend about 10 bucks to get a pack of 50 cds and keep putting in songs. Do you have to buy a new ipod if you run out of space? im not trying to sound biased. I don't think one is better than the other. Its all a matter of personal preference. Even though I prefer the cd, i bet its a lot more convenient to have a little rectangle strapped to my arm while i workout.

My CD case (the one I carry in my car) holds 140 CDs. Its the size of a large notebook.

My iPod has over 200 CDs (almost 2300 songs) on it and is about the size of a deck of cards. I've got almost 30 gigabytes of space to use and those 200 CDs only take up just over 18 gigs of it. Which means I could load about another 150 CDs on it, before I run out of room.

My iPod also sorts my music by genre, artist, album, songs, composer. I can rate my music and make playlists that play only those songs. I can set it to shuffle and never hear the same song for almost a week, if I was playing it 24 hours a day.

Quite a bit of difference and huge advantages over a CD player and lugging around 350 CDs.
Flight
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 7:21 pm    Post subject:

I'm getting a new one tomorrow!
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4
Jump to: