Steve Nash gets a pass for game 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Exick
Site Staff
Site Staff

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2006 6:57 am    Post subject: Steve Nash gets a pass for game 2

Not only does he get a free pass, he gets excuses made for him. When Laker fans noticed that he only attempted one shot in the second half, they wondered whether he'd get the same treatment Kobe did. Of course he wouldn't. He's Steve Nash. Marc Stein goes out of his way to rationalize Nash's decision to shoot only once in the second half and makes sure to remind us that this was NOT an imitation of Kobe's surrender. I'll quote the relevant part here. Find it if you want to read the whole thing. I won't link to it. This wouldn't even bother me except for the fact that he explicitly mentions Kobe in defending Nash.

Marc Stein wrote:
Now for what [the game] wasn't.

This was not some surrender. This was not Steve Nash showing us his Kobe Bryant imitation. This was not a show of mercy to Mark Cuban's team, which is the last team that can expect such a gesture.

So scrap any such suspicions.

The reason Nash attempted only one second-half shot for the Phoenix Suns on Friday night?

There were two reasons, actually.

Reason No. 1: Nash's determination to create shot opportunities for his teammates went too far in this Game 2 and gradually took him out of the crunch-time attack mode he's known to shift into whenever he comes back to Dallas . . . prompting Nash to bash himself afterward for losing his aggressiveness.

Reason No. 2: The Mavericks did what they didn't do in Game 1 by nudging him toward the sidelines more and frequently sending two defenders at Nash after halftime . . . thereby conceding open looks at the 3-point line.

Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2006 8:09 am    Post subject:

Its so funny its pathetic I mean the fact they have to resort to something that happened 3 weeks ago that I'm sure most have forgotten by now is just laughable.

You would think the current players/teams would generate more buzz/play but alas they're not Kobe.
Zhengi
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2006 11:53 am    Post subject:

Why do they even bring Kobe into the formula? Could be because they realize all the BS they laid out on Kobe was just that and they're back tracking to validate when their so called MVP does the same.
lakeshow03
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2006 12:14 pm    Post subject:

whoa,for some reason this thread reminded me of the dream i just had.that kobe retired.it was out of nowhere and horrible!
Exick
Site Staff
Site Staff

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2006 5:52 pm    Post subject:

Just to add to this. During halftime of the Heat/Pistons game 3, John Saunders brought this up. He asked if Nash deserved the same criticism as Kobe. Walton said it's a completely unfair comparison because Nash doesn't have the physical ability to carry a team and that stats don't mean anything just like with guys like Bill Russell (!), Legler said....I dunno, I muted it because he's a jackass, and then Greg Anthony called what Walton said "baloney" and "B.S." He went on to say that an MVP has to be able to carry his team and be aggressive in those types of games. Thank goodness Greg Anthony has some sense.

Also, Walton told him to watch his language after he called it B.S.
Joseph Ferano
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2006 7:22 am    Post subject:

WAIT A SEC!!!!! DIDNT ANYBODY HEAR WHAT STEVE KERR HAD TO SAY ABOUT NASH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In case you missed it, ill quote as accurately as possible

"Steve Nash is the only player who can dominate the ball yet still be an unselfish player"

Dit-dih-diihhhh!!!!!!!

HOW STUPID IS THAT!!!!!! He is actually contradicting himself to make a sorry attempt at explaining why Nash dribbled out then took the shot on three straight possetions. Only these media aholes can act so incredibly biased and moronic that they dont even do a good attempt to cover it up.

They didnt bash Lebron, they wont bash Nash. Poster boys will continue to get love while the bad boys will get their butts chewed out for any stupid thing, the hypocrasy is incredible. Remember it well my fellow Laker fans, KOBE WON THE MVP THIS YEAR!!!!! Tell your kids and your kid's kids who the real MVP this year was, and if you have a single doubt in your mind, PM me and I will easily prove it to you using the history of the MVP award to prove that the MVP award has turned into the Most Popular Player award. PM me, Ill prove it.
The Dagger
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2006 7:58 am    Post subject:

The white media is just dying for another Larry Bird. So expect nothing to change for the next few seasons. It will all be about Nash.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: