D Wade is just toying with Detroit up to this point.
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LTD
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2006 9:34 pm    Post subject: D Wade is just toying with Detroit up to this point.

I know many on here hate Wade, but as a basketball fan, this kid is a joy to watch. Right now, Detroit has no answer whatsoever for this guy.
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2006 9:38 pm    Post subject:

I don't hate Wade but I'm getting there I liked him much more before he was Shaq's teammate and now I just don't care for the guy. Could be the Shaq effect I don't know but I really don't think he's deserving of all the praise he gets. He has talent but honestly he's no the best guard/player Shaq has ever played with nor who I have ever seen. Not to mention he gets all these BS calls which what bugs me the most about him.

I'd appreciate his talent if I didn't feel like the refs help manufacture a lot of his plays....

As far as Detroit not having an answer to this guy well they did last year maybe they forgot this season but again time will tell by the end of this series....
LTD
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2006 9:15 am    Post subject:

Well in all honesty, After teh terrible game 1, Wade pretty much did what he wanted in games 2, 3, 4, and 5 before he suffered the rib injury.
Charles
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2006 9:32 am    Post subject:

I hate the rib injury. People have been using that as an excuse for too long. Injury or not, the Heat were minutes from winning game 7. They choked. Kobe would've pulled out, and I believe he did pull out game 7's with injuries vs. tougher teams.
PopcornMachine
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2006 9:49 am    Post subject:

I am shocked that the Pistons defense can't stop this guy, or the rest of the Heat for that matter.

The were outshot 58% to 42%. That should be the other way round.

Something is not quite right with Detroit.......so far.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
skumbag
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2006 10:59 am    Post subject:

Wade now has a legit mid-range. He can stop on a dime and pull up now. And he's using it quite nicely to throw Detroit defenders their games.
CheetahMan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2006 11:17 am    Post subject:

PopcornMachine wrote:

It's at the head of the bench. Flip Saunders doesn't know the defensive aspect of the game. With Larry Brown the Pistons would be up 3-0 or 2-1.
Ghost
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2006 11:26 am    Post subject:

Brown was coaching last year and the Pistons were never up 3-0 or 2-1.
TEEGUNN
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2006 11:43 am    Post subject:

I really don't like Wade much either. He is very talented, but really his game is not very complete. But the Heat are SOOOO loaded, that Wade can pretty much coast most of the game, then turn on the jets in the 4th when his opponenets are really worn down. Kobe never had even close to this much talent around him at any point. No one in the media will ever point that fact out though. Unfortunately, Shaq, Wade and the Heat are gonna win a ring this year, and it will not be easy to swallow for most of us Laker fans.

Jake Speed, 1986
TEEGUNN
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2006 11:52 am    Post subject:

PopcornMachine wrote:
I am shocked that the Pistons defense can't stop this guy, or the rest of the Heat for that matter.

The were outshot 58% to 42%. That should be the other way round.

Detroit is worn out and weakend at this point. Their head coach is not as defensive minded. Their time has come and gone, IMHO. They can't take the extremely loaded Heat. Earlier in the year, when the Heat had not gelled yet, things looked different. But the Heat have it all together. Cripes - many times the Heat bench plays better than their starters. Scary.

Jake Speed, 1986
CheetahMan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2006 12:45 pm    Post subject:

Space Ghost wrote:

The Heat played much better last year than they do this year. And Larry Brown would never have allowed the opposing team to shoot twice near to 60% from the field. The Pistons lack only the spirit to hustle on defense and when there's no hustle for them down there, it essentially starts to have an effect on the offensive end as well.
doughboy90650
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2006 4:37 pm    Post subject: Re: D Wade is just toying with Detroit up to this point.

LTD wrote:
I know many on here hate Wade.

And that's a damn shame. The kid is sweet.
astrallionheart
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2006 10:27 pm    Post subject:

CheetahMan wrote:
Space Ghost wrote:

The Heat played much better last year than they do this year. And Larry Brown would never have allowed the opposing team to shoot twice near to 60% from the field. The Pistons lack only the spirit to hustle on defense and when there's no hustle for them down there, it essentially starts to have an effect on the offensive end as well.

It's hard to say what Brown would have willed or allowed this year, as the various rule changes seemed to have taken full effect. The Spurs, who have hanged their hats on field goal defense for years, allowed the Mavericks to shoot 47% for the series, yet not once have you heard Popovich complain about their defense. The Knicks certainly were as bad as it came to FG defense and allowed almost 47% this season. So, there are a lot more dynamics going on in my opinion than just the coaching.
Dorray
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 1:27 am    Post subject: Re: D Wade is just toying with Detroit up to this point.

doughboy90650 wrote:
LTD wrote:

Yeah seriously. He is a franchise player. Only one of the few in the league now actually. There is D-Wade, LeBron, Kobe, Dwight Howard, Dirka, and maybe Bosh and Brand? Perhaps a few others but not many. He is awesome.

But yeah, the Pistons need to get their act together...namely Sheed. He has been sucking really bad. According to real gm it is a possibility that he is gone next year if they dont win it all this year. C'mon Pistons, I got money ridin on you.
vahe
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 2:43 am    Post subject:

TEEGUNN wrote:
I really don't like Wade much either. He is very talented, but really his game is not very complete. But the Heat are SOOOO loaded, that Wade can pretty much coast most of the game, then turn on the jets in the 4th when his opponenets are really worn down. Kobe never had even close to this much talent around him at any point. No one in the media will ever point that fact out though. Unfortunately, Shaq, Wade and the Heat are gonna win a ring this year, and it will not be easy to swallow for most of us Laker fans.

Sorry, but just exactly how are the heat "loaded"? Besides Wade they have a 34 year old fat and out of shape Shaq, a 37 year old Gary Payton who already sucked 3 years ago, a 36 year old Mourning who has played a total of 36 minutes in the first 3 games. The genius pg that is Jason Williams. A fat, inconsistent headcase in Walker. A career average role player in Haslem. Posey who is averaging a devestating 5 pts per game in the series, and let's not forget the mighty S. Anderson. Please explain to me how they are "loaded"?
lakerzpimp08
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 7:45 am    Post subject: Re: D Wade is just toying with Detroit up to this point.

doughboy90650 wrote:
LTD wrote:

i know its a shame, the kid has mad skillz and is pretty humble, a lot of the hate he gets here is because shaq is his teammate. I for one am a fan of dwade, his style of play is just crazy with that power and explosivness. the pistons got exposed against the cavs, THE CAVS! of all teams. this isnt the team we saw earlier this year. they cant score, they are letting dwade get to the basket at will and cant seem to get in a good offensive flow. its too early to call the series but if the pistons dont step up its gonna be over quick

"If we can hit that bull's-eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards... Checkmate!"

I'm the man with no name... Zapp Brannigan.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Reply with quote
LTD
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 8:19 am    Post subject:

Quote:
I hate the rib injury. People have been using that as an excuse for too long. Injury or not, the Heat were minutes from winning game 7. They choked.

I think you have the discussion confused. The discussion that I was involved in was about Wade and how he was playing and not about the Heat versus the Pistons. Hypothetically with regards to last year, Wade could have been healthy for game 7, dropped 40 on Detroit, and Detroit still may have won the game. BUT, that wasn't what my conversation was about.

Quote:

I TOTALLY agree.
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 8:27 am    Post subject: Re: D Wade is just toying with Detroit up to this point.

lakerzpimp08 wrote:
doughboy90650 wrote:
LTD wrote:

i know its a shame, the kid has mad skillz and is pretty humble, a lot of the hate he gets here is because shaq is his teammate. I for one am a fan of dwade, his style of play is just crazy with that power and explosivness. the pistons got exposed against the cavs, THE CAVS! of all teams. this isnt the team we saw earlier this year. they cant score, they are letting dwade get to the basket at will and cant seem to get in a good offensive flow. its too early to call the series but if the pistons dont step up its gonna be over quick

I don't find him to be that humble actually he seems to let the hype get to his head. Hey don't get me wrong I have no issue with arrogance just own it. When they pretend to not be I just have to :roll: over it.
targetman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 9:47 am    Post subject:

I stopped liking Wade when he got on the Kobe Hater Bandwagon without any issues of his own. If he's going to be a hater without good reason I see no reason why I can't be one right back. And no, he's not humble.
lakerzpimp08
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 9:50 am    Post subject:

targetman wrote:
I stopped liking Wade when he got on the Kobe Hater Bandwagon without any issues of his own. If he's going to be a hater without good reason I see no reason why I can't be one right back. And no, he's not humble.

i doubt wade acutally hates kobe, the guy acutally wants to work out with kobe in summer to help his d. haters dont do that. you dont see raja bell calling kobe askin for help on his fade away over the summer. as far as being humble, he is pretty much on the level of most superstars. all superstars are cocky, they a righty to be. wade isnt going out there saying he is the best in the nba or anything like that.

"If we can hit that bull's-eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards... Checkmate!"

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Reply with quote
msb212
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 11:19 am    Post subject: Re: D Wade is just toying with Detroit up to this point.

lakerzpimp08 wrote:
doughboy90650 wrote:
LTD wrote:

Wade gets hate here because of his stupid dis of Kobe. And because he is vastly overrated. And because he gets calls he does not deserve.
CheetahMan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 1:50 pm    Post subject: Re: D Wade is just toying with Detroit up to this point.

msb212 wrote:
lakerzpimp08 wrote:
doughboy90650 wrote:
LTD wrote:

Wade gets hate here because of his stupid dis of Kobe. And because he is vastly overrated. And because he gets calls he does not deserve.

And he definately ain't humble.
smoothCbutla
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 2:33 pm    Post subject:

depends what you consider humble

off the court he comes off that way and speaks that way

on the court he walks around like he's the best thing going but pretty much every great player does that

and i dont think he has ever hated kobe. they both compete on the court and get fired up but always finish it off with a hug or handshake which is why it's one of the most enjoyable matchups going on

they both respect each other, during the all star game Kobe said he doesn't consider himself a 2guard and that he sees Wade as the best. Wade listed Pierce, Kobe and MJ during the olympics as his three biggest influences and wants to work with him this summer to help his defense

get over it there's no beef there just two of the best and biggest competitors in the league
prisma8slg
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 3:04 pm    Post subject:

smoothCbutla wrote:

on the court he walks around like he's the best thing going but pretty much every great player does that

and i dont think he has ever hated kobe. they both compete on the court and get fired up but always finish it off with a hug or handshake which is why it's one of the most enjoyable matchups going on

they both respect each other, during the all star game Kobe said he doesn't consider himself a 2guard and that he sees Wade as the best. Wade listed Pierce, Kobe and MJ during the olympics as his three biggest influences and wants to work with him this summer to help his defense

get over it there's no beef there just two of the best and biggest competitors in the league

"I've seen it all. Sasha dunked on somebody," Kobe Bryant said. "I'm ready to retire now."
lakerzpimp08
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 3:20 pm    Post subject:

prisma8slg wrote:
smoothCbutla wrote:

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: