D Wade is just toying with Detroit up to this point.
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sojo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 6:48 pm    Post subject:

The way Wade is playing right now, he's not gonna hav that long of a tenure in the NBA. He's gonna absolutely destroy his body before it's all said and done.
TEEGUNN
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 8:39 pm    Post subject:

vahe wrote:
TEEGUNN wrote:
I really don't like Wade much either. He is very talented, but really his game is not very complete. But the Heat are SOOOO loaded, that Wade can pretty much coast most of the game, then turn on the jets in the 4th when his opponenets are really worn down. Kobe never had even close to this much talent around him at any point. No one in the media will ever point that fact out though. Unfortunately, Shaq, Wade and the Heat are gonna win a ring this year, and it will not be easy to swallow for most of us Laker fans.

Sorry, but just exactly how are the heat "loaded"? Besides Wade they have a 34 year old fat and out of shape Shaq, a 37 year old Gary Payton who already sucked 3 years ago, a 36 year old Mourning who has played a total of 36 minutes in the first 3 games. The genius pg that is Jason Williams. A fat, inconsistent headcase in Walker. A career average role player in Haslem. Posey who is averaging a devestating 5 pts per game in the series, and let's not forget the mighty S. Anderson. Please explain to me how they are "loaded"?

Really?? Shaq is still the biggest interior force in the league. Zo is still a GREAT defensive player and could hold his own offensively against almost all of the other bigs in the league. GP is a HOFer and isn't relied upon as more than a 3rd or 4th option. Boy, that all-star suckage known as Toine Walker sure has been stinking it up, hasn't he?? Gee, it must be nice to have a PG as talented as J Williams in case you need some extra scoring punch. Haslem is better than ANY PF the Lakers have had since.... I forget. Dude is a blue-collar workhorse. It must suck to have a 3 point bomber, hustling defender like Posey when you need him. You have guys like Shandon Anderson and Kapono just waxing the pine. If they were on the Lakers they would have seen some good time on the floor. That team is loaded. And their opponents are tired, injured and ready to go fishing after 3 long years of deep playoff performances. And they have a new coach, whom we can see they don't think much of. But the Heat are just the opposite. They are fresh and primed and have just started gelling about a month ago. They have a lot of options to use on any given night. Many nights the Heat bench outplays the starters, allowing a guy like Wade to coast much of the game.

So yes, I think the Heat are loaded and things are lining up perfectly in their favor. I'd give them a 90% chance of winning the bling at this point.

Jake Speed, 1986
Vancouver Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 9:32 pm    Post subject:

Shaq didnt look that fat when he went coast to coast off the rip block. typical shaq...waiting for the playoffs...plus wade is owning pretty badly.
doughboy90650
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 12:23 am    Post subject: Re: D Wade is just toying with Detroit up to this point.

msb212 wrote:

Wade gets hate here because of his stupid dis of Kobe. And because he is vastly overrated. And because he gets calls he does not deserve.

Vastly overrated and get all the calls??? By the looks on the Detroit bench, I don't think they think he's overrated.

And when you take the ball into the numerous bodies that's in the paint and absorb all that contact on damn near every possession, you should get those calls. He's smart; why settle for an 18 footer when you get the same amount of points from a five footer. In Game 4, he had five shot attempts outside the paint and made four; the rest were in the paint. And when you shoot damn near 70% versus one of the best defenses in the league, if not the best, overrated you are not. Seventy percent speaks for itself.
LTD
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 7:40 am    Post subject:

Yet another game where he toys with the Pistons. As a hoops fan, how can you not enjoy watching this?
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 8:17 am    Post subject:

LTD wrote:
Yet another game where he toys with the Pistons. As a hoops fan, how can you not enjoy watching this?

For the following

1. I don't like the Heat

2. I don't care for Wade since his rookie season

3. BS officiating.
msb212
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 9:28 am    Post subject: Re: D Wade is just toying with Detroit up to this point.

doughboy90650 wrote:
msb212 wrote:

Wade gets hate here because of his stupid dis of Kobe. And because he is vastly overrated. And because he gets calls he does not deserve.

Vastly overrated and get all the calls??? By the looks on the Detroit bench, I don't think they think he's overrated.

And when you take the ball into the numerous bodies that's in the paint and absorb all that contact on damn near every possession, you should get those calls. He's smart; why settle for an 18 footer when you get the same amount of points from a five footer. In Game 4, he had five shot attempts outside the paint and made four; the rest were in the paint. And when you shoot damn near 70% versus one of the best defenses in the league, if not the best, overrated you are not. Seventy percent speaks for itself.

wade shot 70% because they called a foul on every other missed shot he took. 19 free throws. If Kobe made thoe same plays he'd be out of the game with 5 charging calls by the 2nd quarter. Wade gets calls beyond anything I have ever seen.

Yes, he's talented. But he is not what people are making him out to be.
Ghost
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 9:43 am    Post subject: Re: D Wade is just toying with Detroit up to this point.

msb212 wrote:
doughboy90650 wrote:
msb212 wrote:

wade shot 70% because they called a foul on every other missed shot he took. 19 free throws. If Kobe made thoe same plays he'd be out of the game with 5 charging calls by the 2nd quarter. Wade gets calls beyond anything I have ever seen.

But Wade also shot:

82% from the floor in Game 1 on 9 FT's
76% from the floor in Game 3 on 11 FT's

It's not about gift wrapped free throw attempts. Reality is the guy's simply been locked in all series and is playing with incredible efficiency.
doughboy90650
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 10:40 am    Post subject: Re: D Wade is just toying with Detroit up to this point.

msb212 wrote:
doughboy90650 wrote:
msb212 wrote:

You cant even bring Kobe into the conversation. This isn't about Kobe. Every topic in this forum isn't about Kobe Bryant. This is about Wade and how he's making the Pistons look like school children.

But since you did bring Kobe into the topic and making it seem like Kobe doesn't get his fair share of calls; Kobe and Wade basically averaged the same amount of free throws in the regular season. Wade @ 10.7 per game. Kobe @ 10.2 - and remember until Cuban dropped that email, no one went to the line as much as Kobe, with except maybe Allen Iverson. So I guess Kobe doesn't get respect from the league when he took more free throws (819) than anyone except Iverson (829).

Iverson played 72 games and Wade played 75 (803 FTs) and their games are very similar. Always attacking and when you attack, you usually live at the stripe. But that's probably the reason why they didn't play 80+ like Kobe. If they both had played the same amount of games as Kobe, they probably would be in the 900 attempts category.

All "star players" gets calls and whether you like it or not, Wade is a star. Just ask Detroit.

Last edited by doughboy90650 on Tue May 30, 2006 1:00 pm; edited 2 times in total
doughboy90650
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 11:09 am    Post subject: Re: D Wade is just toying with Detroit up to this point.

Space Ghost wrote:

But Wade also shot:

It's not about gift wrapped free throw attempts. Reality is the guy's simply been locked in all series and is playing with incredible efficiency.

High percentage shots = High field goal percentage. Shaquille knows that better than anyone. And having Shaquille on the floor opens those lanes where Wade can penitrate. He gets into the paint either for a dunk or a lob.

Don't hurt that they're going against Flip Saunders either.
Ghost
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 12:15 pm    Post subject: Re: D Wade is just toying with Detroit up to this point.

doughboy90650 wrote:
Space Ghost wrote:

But Wade also shot:

High percentage shots = High field goal percentage. Shaquille knows that better than anyone. And having Shaquille on the floor opens those lanes where Wade can penitrate. He gets into the paint either for a dunk or a lob.

Don't hurt that they're going against Flip Saunders either.

Very true. Though he's also been killing it from 18-20 feet.
skumbag
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 12:25 pm    Post subject:

Wade goes to the hole strong and he does get fouled a lot. Pistons defenders are not able to contain him. While Wade does get the "superstar" treatment, but the treatment is similar to what Kobe, Duncan, Dirk, etc. are getting.

People, Wade is one quick cat, and he can stop on a dime with his fake first step. And he does get foul when defenders react in a hopeless attempt to keep up with him.

I don't like Wade as a person all that much and i fact I think he has sucked up to Shaq too much (regarding the Shaq/Kobe thing), but the Kobe apologists need to stop knocking Wade's game like the refs just hand it to him every time! Jealousy is not a good thing.
doughboy90650
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 12:40 pm    Post subject:

Sojo wrote:
The way Wade is playing right now, he's not gonna hav that long of a tenure in the NBA. He's gonna absolutely destroy his body before it's all said and done.

Look at how many injuries Iverson had to go through. Now granted, Wade's body is more solid than Iverson's and he's weighs more, but he can easily land on someone's foot and he's out 4-6 weeks.

He just may be headed in that direction.
CheetahMan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 2:25 pm    Post subject:

doughboy90650 wrote:
he can easily land on someone's foot and he's out 4-6 weeks.

Ummm... sounds like Bowen -job to me.
vahe
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 3:05 pm    Post subject:

TEEGUNN wrote:
vahe wrote:
TEEGUNN wrote:
I really don't like Wade much either. He is very talented, but really his game is not very complete. But the Heat are SOOOO loaded, that Wade can pretty much coast most of the game, then turn on the jets in the 4th when his opponenets are really worn down. Kobe never had even close to this much talent around him at any point. No one in the media will ever point that fact out though. Unfortunately, Shaq, Wade and the Heat are gonna win a ring this year, and it will not be easy to swallow for most of us Laker fans.

Sorry, but just exactly how are the heat "loaded"? Besides Wade they have a 34 year old fat and out of shape Shaq, a 37 year old Gary Payton who already sucked 3 years ago, a 36 year old Mourning who has played a total of 36 minutes in the first 3 games. The genius pg that is Jason Williams. A fat, inconsistent headcase in Walker. A career average role player in Haslem. Posey who is averaging a devestating 5 pts per game in the series, and let's not forget the mighty S. Anderson. Please explain to me how they are "loaded"?

Really?? Shaq is still the biggest interior force in the league. Zo is still a GREAT defensive player and could hold his own offensively against almost all of the other bigs in the league. GP is a HOFer and isn't relied upon as more than a 3rd or 4th option. Boy, that all-star suckage known as Toine Walker sure has been stinking it up, hasn't he?? Gee, it must be nice to have a PG as talented as J Williams in case you need some extra scoring punch. Haslem is better than ANY PF the Lakers have had since.... I forget. Dude is a blue-collar workhorse. It must suck to have a 3 point bomber, hustling defender like Posey when you need him. You have guys like Shandon Anderson and Kapono just waxing the pine. If they were on the Lakers they would have seen some good time on the floor. That team is loaded. And their opponents are tired, injured and ready to go fishing after 3 long years of deep playoff performances. And they have a new coach, whom we can see they don't think much of. But the Heat are just the opposite. They are fresh and primed and have just started gelling about a month ago. They have a lot of options to use on any given night. Many nights the Heat bench outplays the starters, allowing a guy like Wade to coast much of the game.

So yes, I think the Heat are loaded and things are lining up perfectly in their favor. I'd give them a 90% chance of winning the bling at this point.

I almost always like your takes Teegun, you are one of the more sensible posters here (except when you start screaming "FIX" in game threads, which I'm sure you don't truly believe), but the point you are trying to make here is preposterous. Shaq no longer has the agility, or explosiveness to create his own shot off the block like he used to. He has to be spoon fed near the basket and use his lone remaining assets (size and strength), to power the ball into the hoop. A 7-1 , 330 (or whatever) lb guy who averages 9 boards and 1.8 blocks per game is the most dominating inside presence in the NBA?

GP is a HOFer? and your point is what? Elgin Baylor is a HOFer too, why don't the Clippers suit him up and get even more "loaded" in their bench? Payton was useless 3 years ago, and he's even more of a defensive liability now than then, and his 7/3/3 for the regular season and the playoffs is irreplaceable ?

You mention the virtues of Zo, but I'm not sure what part of "HE HAS PLAYED 24 MINUTES IN THE PAST 3 GAMES " escapes you. You can be as skilled as Hakeem reincarnated for all I care, but if you are sitting on the pine for 40 of the 48 minutes of a game, what good does that do for you team?

Your "triple bombing" Posey has scored a grand total of 22 points in 4 games. Sasha scored 44 points in 6 games against the Suns.

I don't want to go through the whole list, but if you want to argue about the greatness of Antione Walker & Jason Williams, then I'm not sure what to say to you.

This Heat squad is very reminiscent of the Lakers 3peat team. Except the main gun is the guard and the sidekick is the bigman, and they are getting a little contribution here and there from a bunch of has beens and never will bes. That combination failed the last two years the Lakers implemented it, and it will fail again for the Heat, because unless they are fortunate enough to get the bare bones depleted Suns in the finals, they are toast against the Mavs.
LTD
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 3:50 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
For the following

1. I don't like the Heat

2. I don't care for Wade since his rookie season

3. BS officiating.

I guess I'm just different from most because while I'm a huge lakers fan, I'm an even bigger hoops fan. When they made those "I love this game' commercials, they had me in mind.

There's nothing wrong with the way you look at things. I just look at them differently.

BTW, what could Wade have done during his rookie season to make you not like him?
T REX
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 4:20 pm    Post subject:

skumbag wrote:

I don't like Wade as a person all that much and i fact I think he has sucked up to Shaq too much (regarding the Shaq/Kobe thing), but the Kobe apologists need to stop knocking Wade's game like the refs just hand it to him every time! Jealousy is not a good thing.

This is just plain hate.....sucked up to Shaq? Huh?

Link, proof, anything to save your cred. I'm new and that post is whack.
TEEGUNN
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 4:37 pm    Post subject:

vahe wrote:
TEEGUNN wrote:
vahe wrote:
TEEGUNN wrote:

I almost always like your takes Teegun, you are one of the more sensible posters here (except when you start screaming "FIX" in game threads, which I'm sure you don't truly believe), but the point you are trying to make here is preposterous. Shaq no longer has the agility, or explosiveness to create his own shot off the block like he used to. He has to be spoon fed near the basket and use his lone remaining assets (size and strength), to power the ball into the hoop. A 7-1 , 330 (or whatever) lb guy who averages 9 boards and 1.8 blocks per game is the most dominating inside presence in the NBA?

GP is a HOFer? and your point is what? Elgin Baylor is a HOFer too, why don't the Clippers suit him up and get even more "loaded" in their bench? Payton was useless 3 years ago, and he's even more of a defensive liability now than then, and his 7/3/3 for the regular season and the playoffs is irreplaceable ?

You mention the virtues of Zo, but I'm not sure what part of "HE HAS PLAYED 24 MINUTES IN THE PAST 3 GAMES " escapes you. You can be as skilled as Hakeem reincarnated for all I care, but if you are sitting on the pine for 40 of the 48 minutes of a game, what good does that do for you team?

Your "triple bombing" Posey has scored a grand total of 22 points in 4 games. Sasha scored 44 points in 6 games against the Suns.

I don't want to go through the whole list, but if you want to argue about the greatness of Antione Walker & Jason Williams, then I'm not sure what to say to you.

This Heat squad is very reminiscent of the Lakers 3peat team. Except the main gun is the guard and the sidekick is the bigman, and they are getting a little contribution here and there from a bunch of has beens and never will bes. That combination failed the last two years the Lakers implemented it, and it will fail again for the Heat, because unless they are fortunate enough to get the bare bones depleted Suns in the finals, they are toast against the Mavs.

FIXED!!!!

Sorry, just kidding. Yeah, I do go a little over the top in the game threads. It's more of a way of lashing out, although I do think there are some definite biases by refs in the NBA.

Back on the subject at hand - I agree that Shaq is not as good as he was 3 years ago. But then neither are the Pisstons. WE were the Pisstons of now, 3 years ago, but we werer even weaker having had lost our 3rd best player (Malone) to injury, Kobe had his court thing, Shaq played like he had already jumped ship and GP never fit whatsoever in the tri.

Compared to what the Heat have built for a club - we were WAY weaker in the finals 3 years ago than they are at this point. I think you are underrating what ZO, GP and Toine are bringing to the table in these playoffs. And Posey's stats aren't pretty, but they are the stats of a workman like tough defender. Haslem is a young doberman in the paint, who is used mostly as a clean up/hustle player. Wade is playing well, but it's not like he's having to work that hard to do it. JWill would be a heck of a nice insurance policy to have on a club. The team has a ton of options to turn to if things aren't going well. But they are aging and some may be playing on their last legs. You can see that urgency in them at this point.

Personally, I feel the Heat are by far the strongest team in the paint in the playoffs. Sure, they are aging. But when they flex their collective muscles they can do some serious damage. They really have barely been tested so far in these playoffs. And that is why my gut instinct is telling me they will win it all. I do hope I am wrong and that either the Mavs or Suns can run them to death. It could probably happen. I'm just not counting on it happening. I can see your points, but don't completely agree with them. FWIW - I hope you are right and I am wrong. Watching Shaq and the Heat win it all would be painful.

Jake Speed, 1986
skumbag
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 8:52 pm    Post subject:

T REX wrote:
skumbag wrote:

This is just plain hate.....sucked up to Shaq? Huh?

Link, proof, anything to save your cred. I'm new and that post is whack.

You're kidding about asking for proof right??? if not, then go read the threads in here about a year ago when Shaq used to say "Who?" when ever the word "Kobe" was thrown at him and how Wade imitated Shaq's behavior towards Kobe. You're new, go look up the answer for yourself young grasshopper!
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: