All NBA Versatile Team
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Mike
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 12:46 pm    Post subject:

TACH wrote:
The Mike wrote:
Vancouver Fan wrote:
TheRod wrote:
The Mike wrote:
I have to give some real thought to this but if Defense is included you can make a real case against LBJ & Dirk

I have a problem with LBJ on the team. Replace that hype-machine with Rasheed Wallace.

hahah lebron a hype machine????? dont hate!!!! ..the guy is the future of the league and hes sooo sick at such a young age. Sure he needs to work on d and his perimeter game, but he will do both those things.......kobe was raw at one point to. He worked hard to become the best player in the league...Lebrons time will come. Dont hate for the sake of it..thats all.

Mine had nothing to do with hate, I'm looking at the whole game and not just the offensive end when it comes to versitility. LBJ is not a very good on ball defender. To me being a versitile player covers every part of the game. I'm not saying he won't get there..... I'm just saying that for an All-NBA Versitile team right now his D is what would keep him off.

The same goes for Dirk, though he may never be a good defender.

I asked about the definition of verstale in regards to THIS list... defense wasn't a criteria...

Quote:
TACH wrote:
Just to be clear, what is your definition of versatile? Does it include defense? Be able to play mulitple position?

da ocho wrote:
when i was making my list i looked at players who are really difficult matchups for the defense. players who can play 2-3 positions. players who are triple double threats and can also make plays.

I understand that but reguarless of everyone else for me Defense is a criteria, because it is half of the game of basketball. If you are only talking about offense you are only talking about being a half versitile player.
"Kobe Bryant is an absolute nightmare. You can hold your breath, send for help, sacrifice a chicken, it won't matter. Kobe Bryant is coming for you. He's got the ball and he's going to score...some way, some how."
Dancing Barry
Vancouver Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 12:56 pm    Post subject:

I just shake my head when people think Lebron is all hype.... WAY OFF!
TACH
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 1:01 pm    Post subject:

The Mike wrote:
TACH wrote:
The Mike wrote:
Vancouver Fan wrote:
TheRod wrote:
The Mike wrote:
I have to give some real thought to this but if Defense is included you can make a real case against LBJ & Dirk

I have a problem with LBJ on the team. Replace that hype-machine with Rasheed Wallace.

hahah lebron a hype machine????? dont hate!!!! ..the guy is the future of the league and hes sooo sick at such a young age. Sure he needs to work on d and his perimeter game, but he will do both those things.......kobe was raw at one point to. He worked hard to become the best player in the league...Lebrons time will come. Dont hate for the sake of it..thats all.

Mine had nothing to do with hate, I'm looking at the whole game and not just the offensive end when it comes to versitility. LBJ is not a very good on ball defender. To me being a versitile player covers every part of the game. I'm not saying he won't get there..... I'm just saying that for an All-NBA Versitile team right now his D is what would keep him off.

The same goes for Dirk, though he may never be a good defender.

I asked about the definition of verstale in regards to THIS list... defense wasn't a criteria...

Quote:
TACH wrote:
Just to be clear, what is your definition of versatile? Does it include defense? Be able to play mulitple position?

da ocho wrote:
when i was making my list i looked at players who are really difficult matchups for the defense. players who can play 2-3 positions. players who are triple double threats and can also make plays.

I understand that but reguarless of everyone else for me Defense is a criteria, because it is half of the game of basketball. If you are only talking about offense you are only talking about being a half versitile player.

I know, and I agree... but for the purpose of this topic, I was trying to level set... makes it hard to have a discussion if each person uses a different criteria... that's all I was saying...

But I agree with you,.. defense should definitely be part of the equation.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
BraveHeartII
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 4:57 pm    Post subject:

Duncan
KG
Lebron
Kobe
Wade
Vancouver Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 11:06 pm    Post subject:

BraveHeartII wrote:
Duncan
KG
Lebron
Kobe
Wade

just about perfect...
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 11:55 pm    Post subject:

Most versatile?

Kevin Garnett
AK-47
Kobe Bryant
Shawn Livingston
Boris Diaw

Gilbert Arenas
Dirk Nowitzki
Lamar Odom
Charlie Villanueva
Ron Artest

https://lakersdraft.substack.com/

I am not an economic advisor nor do I advise economic strategies or plans.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: