Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
CheetahMan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 6:18 am    Post subject:

ArrOhBee wrote:
im pickin FRANCE to win it all

Yay. A dozen dinosauruses and a bunch of non-established players. Not going to go anywhere.

The Real World Cup 2006 begins today. Selecao for the win! Joga Bonito!
vvbandit
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 9:09 am    Post subject:

Lets go India, oh wait, we dont actually have a team.
Thugnomoe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 12:15 pm    Post subject:

CheetahMan wrote:
ArrOhBee wrote:
im pickin FRANCE to win it all

Yay. A dozen dinosauruses and a bunch of non-established players. Not going to go anywhere.

The Real World Cup 2006 begins today. Selecao for the win! Joga Bonito!

france hasn't scored a goal since they won it in '98...and they're still scoreless.. 0-0 against sweden...

Korea's taking that group...

brazil's up right now...they have like a billion shots on goal..compared to 3 by croatia...obviously Brazil is coming out of that group. I love how Ronaldo just strolls in late after halftime...

I'm picking Germany to win it...partly because they're the home team..but mostly because they imported 40,000 skanks to spready some form of hybrid German STD's to the world's greatest soccer players...thus rendering the other teams useless..
Canadian Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 4:25 pm    Post subject:

vvbandit wrote:
Canadian Laker wrote:
vvbandit wrote:
I find myself rooting against all the european countries b/c their fans are so damn racist its amazing. Lets go USA, and if not the US, then lets go Brazil.

Slightly racist comment here, don't you think? Just like everything else, don't let the actions of a few tarnish the reputation of everyone else.

Personally, I'm cheering for England to win the World Cup. I've been a fan of English football for years. The heat in the England - Paraguay game took it's toll on both teams but I believe the rest of the games are schedule in the evening so look for a much better showing.

Other than that, I hope we see some great games.

When over 2/3s of the stadium is doing a monkey chant towards the black players is definately more than a few. Its a cultural problem, IMO its not isolated to just a small group.

I agree that it just may be a cultural problem but I wouldn't paint a whole continent's fans with the same brush and call them all racist. I wouldn't even count those idiots as fans.

Anyway, back on topic. Brazil has a stacked team again this year but I think this year someone else will end up victorious. The usual suspects (Argentina, Germany, the Netherlands etc.) are strong but I think (hope/wish) it will be England's time to shine. I can't wait to see Rooney back in action!
tortuga
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 6:20 pm    Post subject:

Thugnomoe wrote:

france hasn't scored a goal since they won it in '98...and they're still scoreless.. 0-0 against sweden...

Korea's taking that group...

brazil's up right now...they have like a billion shots on goal..compared to 3 by croatia...obviously Brazil is coming out of that group. I love how Ronaldo just strolls in late after halftime...

I'm picking Germany to win it...partly because they're the home team..but mostly because they imported 40,000 skanks to spready some form of hybrid German STD's to the world's greatest soccer players...thus rendering the other teams useless..

^^^

As far as Korea, I think it would've helped to have Switzerland lose to France as many have predicted. Now, they have to beat one of them to secure their chance for next round.

Is France that bad or is Switzerland that good?
vvbandit
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 8:53 pm    Post subject:

Canadian Laker wrote:
vvbandit wrote:
Canadian Laker wrote:
vvbandit wrote:
I find myself rooting against all the european countries b/c their fans are so damn racist its amazing. Lets go USA, and if not the US, then lets go Brazil.

Slightly racist comment here, don't you think? Just like everything else, don't let the actions of a few tarnish the reputation of everyone else.

Personally, I'm cheering for England to win the World Cup. I've been a fan of English football for years. The heat in the England - Paraguay game took it's toll on both teams but I believe the rest of the games are schedule in the evening so look for a much better showing.

When over 2/3s of the stadium is doing a monkey chant towards the black players is definately more than a few. Its a cultural problem, IMO its not isolated to just a small group.

I agree that it just may be a cultural problem but I wouldn't paint a whole continent's fans with the same brush and call them all racist. I wouldn't even count those idiots as fans

Anyway, back on topic. Brazil has a stacked team again this year but I think this year someone else will end up victorious. The usual suspects (Argentina, Germany, the Netherlands etc.) are strong but I think (hope/wish) it will be England's time to shine. I can't wait to see Rooney back in action!

youre right, my mistake if I was doing that.
Canadian Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 6:40 pm    Post subject:

vvbandit wrote:
Canadian Laker wrote:
vvbandit wrote:
Canadian Laker wrote:
vvbandit wrote:

I agree that it just may be a cultural problem but I wouldn't paint a whole continent's fans with the same brush and call them all racist. I wouldn't even count those idiots as fans

youre right, my mistake if I was doing that.

No problem vvbandit, it's all good!

England plays T&T next. As far as I know, Neville will not play but interestingly enough, Wayne Rooney has been deemed "match fit" and may see some game action after being out 6+ weeks with broken bones in his foot. Whenever he gets in the game I expect that England's game will kick it up a few notches.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: