Dallas winning is good for this screwed up league.

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
superboy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 9:17 pm    Post subject: Dallas winning is good for this screwed up league.

With the recent championships by the Spurs and Pistons, and with teams like the Suns winning recently, I think it's great for a team like Dallas to be winning. At least in my eyes, Dallas doesn't take advantage of all the cheap stuff that happens in the NBA these days, like flopping and totally biased free throw shooting.

We all know the Pistons can't win swuat unless they get all the calls. Same goes for the Spurs, who at least are better than the Pistons. But what would Duncan or Ginobli be without touch fouls and flops? Not much more than your average title contender. Miami is way overrated and so are Shaq and Wade. Wade simply isn't versatile enough to lead a team to the ring like Kobe was/is.

And I'm so happy the Suns didn't make for several reasons:
--They're way too cocky for a team that hasn't won jack.
--Nash got a bogus MVP. Nothing like seeing a bogus MVP lose.
--THey're a bunch of floppers.
--No way in hell they'd even be close to being contenders if this was the 80's or 90's when you were actually allowed to play defense/offense without players flopping and sliding along the floor every other minute.

Dallas is playing great basketball. ALl of their players are versatile and play good offense and defense, and most of them are very quick to boot. They're not winning off flopping and a bunch of free throws, which is good to see. Not since the Lakers has a team won without flopping and free throws.

And I don't hate them
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
ToughKarl
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 11:02 pm    Post subject:

Words.
KobeButler
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 11:08 pm    Post subject:

just admit it, your happy to see them win cause that would mean the Heat would be losing.
superboy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 11:17 pm    Post subject:

OK, I admit it!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Sidious
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 11:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Dallas winning is good for this screwed up league.

superboy wrote:
With the recent championships by the Spurs and Pistons, and with teams like the Suns winning recently, I think it's great for a team like Dallas to be winning. At least in my eyes, Dallas doesn't take advantage of all the cheap stuff that happens in the NBA these days, like flopping and totally biased free throw shooting.

Apparently you missed the Spurs series when Dallas had the refs in their back pocket.
kobenbynum
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 11:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Dallas winning is good for this screwed up league.

Sidious wrote:
superboy wrote:

Apparently you missed the Spurs series when Dallas had the refs in their back pocket.

I think you mean the series when the refs that usually are in the Spurs pocket suddenly decided to call a fair game.

Hooray Mitch!!!!
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: