Waiting for all the Shaq is selfish/let his team down articles

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kobenbynum
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 7:40 am    Post subject: Waiting for all the Shaq is selfish/let his team down articles

Still not seeing them on ESPN or MSNBC or anywhere? What's the deal?

He took fewer shots than Kobe did against the Suns in game seven and Kobe was crucified for that game. Where's Barkely? Where's Woody Paige? What's the deal here?

Oh I know they were too busy kissing Shaqs fat ass to have seen the game.

Hooray Mitch!!!!
Socks
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 8:48 am    Post subject:

Well, there's a little difference in that Shaq is a big man - he needs the guards to get him the ball deep in the post. So if anyone gets blamed for Shaq not getting enough shots it's usually the PG.
CheetahMan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 9:22 am    Post subject:

Socks wrote:
Well, there's a little difference in that Shaq is a big man - he needs the guards to get him the ball deep in the post. So if anyone gets blamed for Shaq not getting enough shots it's usually the PG.

Shaq gets enuff touches, but the fact is that he doesn't know how to take a shot. There's no more pushing people around, then spinning around them. That means that Shaq is close to useless.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 9:37 am    Post subject:

don't hold your breath man.

not one journalist has had the balls to finally write for the first time *gasp* "shaq can't win without kobe".
kobenbynum
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 9:48 am    Post subject:

da ocho wrote:

not one journalist has had the balls to finally write for the first time *gasp* "shaq can't win without kobe".

Well I just hope barkely is getting plenty of text messages right now.

Hooray Mitch!!!!
Flight
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 9:48 am    Post subject:

I'm so glad Snaq and the Heat made the Finals.

Finally, he is being exposed on the world's greatest stage as a completely washed-up has-been.

Once it's a 4-0 Dallas sweep, I expect articles about the truth on Snaq to come pouring out. I also hope the media uses that 0 and 9 finals stat without Kobe.
Socks
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 9:50 am    Post subject:

da ocho wrote:

Agreed, they'll never write that. Though you do see articles talking about the fact that he's showing his "inevitable decline". So there is recognition that his game is not what it used to be. Riley might take more heat if Miami loses than shaq - he restructured the team and tied it to Shaq's contract.

It'll be interesting to see how Shaq handles this. Does he blame his teammates for not getting him the ball in scoring position? Does he blame his teammates for not stepping up and knocking down shots? If they're losing game 3, does he fake an injury to get himself out of the series? Does he credit Dallas or "Ericka" for playing great defense? Or does he publicly acknowledge the fact that his game is slipping? I'd lean towards him blaming anyone but himself. He's never been one to really shoulder the blame for losing.
The Dagger
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 9:54 am    Post subject:

I think you will see a few. Many sportswriters will never attack Snaq because Snaq has dirt on them...with his mansion whore parties and all. But some more morally gifted writers may take a swipe or two.
TACH
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 11:06 am    Post subject: Re: Waiting for all the Shaq is selfish/let his team down articles

kobenbynum wrote:

He took fewer shots than Kobe did against the Suns in game seven and Kobe was crucified for that game. Where's Barkely? Where's Woody Paige? What's the deal here?

Barkley's on the Dan Patrick Show... first thing out of his month... 'I picked Dallas to win'.

Dan asked him who would you take first Dirk or Wade. He said Dirk.... but out of the players like Wade, Paul Pierce, Melo, Dirk, and Kobe,... Kobe was number 1.

That's all I caught.... conference call...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
LakerLegend
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 11:08 am    Post subject:

You will see a ton of them when a snowball survives in hell.
kobenbynum
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 12:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Waiting for all the Shaq is selfish/let his team down articles

TACH wrote:
kobenbynum wrote:

Barkley's on the Dan Patrick Show... first thing out of his month... 'I picked Dallas to win'.

He's lying. He had Spurs/Pistons all the way this year and when Dallas and Miami advanced instead, he picked the Heat. I remember the show.

Hooray Mitch!!!!
golden armor
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 12:15 pm    Post subject:

I noticed that John Hollinger's BSPN article is titled: "Shaq Needs Help." I don't have Insider so I don't know the contents.

But, we can guess that it doesn't include anything about "not making his teammates better" or "tanking" because he lost while not shooting and instead passing out of double teams.
TACH
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 1:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Waiting for all the Shaq is selfish/let his team down articles

kobenbynum wrote:
TACH wrote:
kobenbynum wrote:

He's lying. He had Spurs/Pistons all the way this year and when Dallas and Miami advanced instead, he picked the Heat. I remember the show.
Barkley talking out of the side of his A$$..... nooo not the Chuckster... LOL... is there anyone that sticks their foot in their more than Charles???
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
tw-lakbfan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 1:43 pm    Post subject:

Calling out Shaq by those mediots? No way!
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: