Wade gone in 2 years?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LakeNiteShow
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 10:17 am    Post subject: Wade gone in 2 years?

From SI.com:

Word's going around NBA circles that Dwyane Wade may not stick around past the two more years of his contract in that many of the players he's playing with now will be even older (in fact, all of them will). But don't put it past Pat Riley to figure out how to surround Wade with the right players.
-- Newsday

EMPLAY, is this plan B if Lebron signs an extension? That would be a pretty nasty backcourt.
Socks
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 10:20 am    Post subject:

Gonna be hard for him to turn down all the money Miami can offer, plus the fact that he basically rules Miami right now and they cannot afford to let him walk.
JUST-MING
Retired Number
Retired Number

I'm thinking New York (Knicks), along with Carmelo Anthony.
The Dagger
Star Player
Star Player

Snaq would murder half the organization and himself before letting Wade go play with Kobe. Will never happen.
Black Sheep
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 10:33 am    Post subject:

The Dagger wrote:
Snaq would murder half the organization and himself before letting Wade go play with Kobe. Will never happen.

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Reply with quote
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 10:37 am    Post subject:

imagine a wade/kobe backcourt. yowza.

it might be refreshing for wade to play with a guy who makes his teammates better.
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 10:51 am    Post subject:

Let him rot in Miami. Shrewd as Riles is, he's backed himself into a corner. Shaq has nothing in the tank and he's got 4 years and 20 mil left. Walker makes waaay too much money, so he's stuck there. They've got Zo at a bargain and not for long. Udonis? Also overpaid. J-Will? He ain't goin anywhere. Strap a piano to your back and enjoy the freefall, Mr. Wade. Can you get up 9 times?
Savory Griddles
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 10:56 am    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:
Let him rot in Miami. Shrewd as Riles is, he's backed himself into a corner. Shaq has nothing in the tank and he's got 4 years and 20 mil left. Walker makes waaay too much money, so he's stuck there. They've got Zo at a bargain and not for long. Udonis? Also overpaid. J-Will? He ain't goin anywhere. Strap a piano to your back and enjoy the freefall, Mr. Wade. Can you get up 9 times?

Shaq will only have two years left on his deal when Wade reups. Don't think for a second that Riley won't do what the Lakers did and trade Shaq two years from now when it's time to resign Wade. Shaq will be like Brian Grant at that point. An attractive expiring contract.
LkrsOvrMia
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 10:57 am    Post subject:

Black Sheep wrote:
The Dagger wrote:

Although your statement is funny it's not his (Snaq's) call. (bleep), he may not be around in 2 years.

Go Lakers!

Go Lakers!

Last edited by LkrsOvrMia on Mon Jun 12, 2006 10:58 am; edited 1 time in total
Socks
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 10:58 am    Post subject:

Shaq has said he never wants to be a "token" center, but he looks like he's starting to move there fast. At least he will be by the time his contract expires. Wonder if he'll retire before that happens.
msb212
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 11:05 am    Post subject:

I hate snaq as much as the next guy, but don't read too much into that box score from last night - if anyone on the heat had hit the wide open looks they were getting, the double teams come slower and shaq has a better game. Which is not to say he is the player he once was, just not the player everyone is making him out to be (done).
Exick
Site Staff
Site Staff

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 11:07 am    Post subject:

Savory Griddles wrote:
pjiddy wrote:

Shaq will only have two years left on his deal when Wade reups. Don't think for a second that Riley won't do what the Lakers did and trade Shaq two years from now when it's time to resign Wade. Shaq will be like Brian Grant at that point. An attractive expiring contract.

Next year is the last year of his rookie deal and Miami can offer him a max extension after the season is over, which means Shaq will have 3 years left.
gng930
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 11:15 am    Post subject:

msb212 wrote:
I hate snaq as much as the next guy, but don't read too much into that box score from last night - if anyone on the heat had hit the wide open looks they were getting, the double teams come slower and shaq has a better game. Which is not to say he is the player he once was, just not the player everyone is making him out to be (done).

I hear ya...the guy is like a roach...he never completely goes away. After putting up those stinkers against Chicago, I have to give him his props for coming up strong against NJ and DET. Still, you can't help but wonder if Riley is seeing something we aren't. Did you ever expect Shaq to being playing less than 30 minutes in a Finals game despite not having any foul trouble?
gng930
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 11:17 am    Post subject:

Exick wrote:
Savory Griddles wrote:
pjiddy wrote:

Next year is the last year of his rookie deal and Miami can offer him a max extension after the season is over, which means Shaq will have 3 years left.

Actually, like Lebron and Bosh, he is up for an extension THIS summer. So it's actually another 4 years (and 80mil) for Shaq.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 11:18 am    Post subject:

gng930 wrote:
msb212 wrote:

I hear ya...the guy is like a roach...he never completely goes away. After putting up those stinkers against Chicago, I have to give him his props for coming up strong against NJ and DET. Still, you can't help but wonder if Riley is seeing something we aren't. Did you ever expect Shaq to being playing less than 30 minutes in a Finals game despite not having any foul trouble?

it is a combination of things that is making shaq ineffective against dallas. for one, fronting shaq used to be pointless due to shaq's leaping ability. he could leap for lobs and use his strength to grind it in. in this series, shaq doesn't have that same abilitiy, and dallas' long 3 headed monster (diop, dampier, nowitzki) is denying him the ball. also, shaq needs a set up man. kobe could get shaq the ball whenever he wanted it because he is a superior passer than wade. he also drew a double at the perimeter and was able to feed it in, and he could also drive and hand off to shaq in the paint. shaq is without a quality set up man in this series.
gng930
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 11:20 am    Post subject:

^^^ Surely you jest. Don't you know that Wade is the best team-mate Shaq has ever had?
Legacy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 11:27 am    Post subject:

Mitch tried to get Wade in the Shaq deal but suposedly talks went sour when we tried to even mention his name.
Walter Sobchak
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 12:55 pm    Post subject:

As soon as Wade does not sign an extension this summer, that combined with the obvious decline in Shaq will signal that Wade is starting to think about moving on from the Heat. This will cause a rift between he and Shaq. Meanwhile, I fully expect Shaq to make good on his comments about not wanting to be a token center and about quitting when he can no longer dominate, and we will see Shaq's career end early due to an "injury" so he can collect the last couple years of his paycheck from home. Wade will still want to leave, however, because Shaq's contract will count against the cap and the Heat will be stuck without any real moves to make and nobody to put around Wade. I'm sure Shaq's BS will leave a bad taste in Wade's mouth and he'll be looking elsewhere. If Riles is smart, he'll trade Shaq sooner rather than later before the Big Lazy has a chance to pull his fake career-ending injury, otherwise the Heat will be eating all $100 million of his deal.

Just a reminder folks: "a lot" is two words. So is "no one".
The Dagger
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 1:34 pm    Post subject:

^ Exact situation Dr. Buss so intelligently avoided.
XTC
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 1:42 pm    Post subject:

I think the Big Token will end up being passed around like a lukewarm potato until his career ends. He's essentially becoming Brian Grant without the hair +150 pounds.
Dorray
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 2:33 pm    Post subject:

Riles should trade Shaq to New York. Then he might have some cap room for Wade. I think D. Wade is realizing that he cant win a championship with this team (assuming that the Mavs win it all). Shaq is not so dominant anymore, Walker sucks and is signed till 2011, White Chocolate ain't all that good, Haslem is overpaid and there isn't much cap space for a max contract. Also, everyone on that team is pretty darn old. I hope that Wade and Kobe can bond together for the USA games. I wouldn't mind him as option number 2 if the LeBron thing doesnt work (assuming Odom is traded). Wade and Kobe would be deadly and I don't hate Wades guts like half the people on LG do. I think they would work out just fine together.
Ozendorph
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 2:49 pm    Post subject:

I hope you're kidding about Walker being signed until 2011. Yeeeeeiiikes.
hoopschick29
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 2:52 pm    Post subject:

Ozendorph wrote:
I hope you're kidding about Walker being signed until 2011. Yeeeeeiiikes.

Full ride, sign and trade. 6 years, $54 mil.
Ozendorph
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 2:58 pm    Post subject:

LOL holy smokes. Walker's agent is a freaking superhero. Nice pickup, Pat.
LakersMD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 3:15 pm    Post subject:

Walker's deal got changed after his physical so only the first 4 years are guaranteed. Year 5 and 6 are team options.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: