Clone the 1995-1996 72-10 Chicago Bulls

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dcarter4kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 2:47 pm    Post subject: Clone the 1995-1996 72-10 Chicago Bulls

Luc Longley-Chris Mimh
Dennis Rodman-Ben Wallace
Scottie Pippen -Joe Johnson
MJ-Kobe
Harper-Eddie Jones
Bench
Toni Kukoc-Hedo Turkoglu
Steve Kerr-David Wesley
Bill Wennington -Tont Battie
Dorray
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 2:58 pm    Post subject:

And how do we get all those players?
jwbrown77
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 3:02 pm    Post subject:

Interesting idea for a thread...

Not so much how do *we* get these players, but what players in the NBA today would you most equate to those guys on that team?
Billy Thompson
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 3:09 pm    Post subject:

You could get the players, but it doesn't necessarily translate into 72-10.

For starters, Kobe needs a god-like presence where he could get every single call. Unless he's able to become the NBA "savior" and come out of retirement, good luck.

The next thing they'll need is a watered-down league. Too bad. The West is loaded and the East has their share of good teams as well.

Lastly, move the 3-point line up to the location in 1996. This takes full advantage of a perimter-based attack with no true center or power forward. Sorry -- the 3-point line moved back where it's supposed to be.

72-10? Impossible these days.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Dorray
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 3:13 pm    Post subject:

Hey BillyT, where was the 3 PT line located in 96 and where is located now? I agree about the watered down league thing as well.
Billy Thompson
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 3:20 pm    Post subject:

Dorray wrote:
Hey BillyT, where was the 3 PT line located in 96 and where is located now? I agree about the watered down league thing as well.

It was a few feet closer -- don't how how much exactly, but the NBA wanted to increase the dismal scoring averages that were declining since the awful Finals showing that featured the Rockets and Knicks a few years earlier. If I remember correctly, they averaged in the 70's.

In many ways, the league was heart broken to see MJ leave. When he came back for his first full season, EVERYTHING became his.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
jwbrown77
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 3:22 pm    Post subject:

Billy Thompson wrote:

For starters, Kobe needs a god-like presence where he could get every single call. Unless he's able to become the NBA "savior" and come out of retirement, good luck.

The next thing they'll need is a watered-down league. Too bad. The West is loaded and the East has their share of good teams as well.

Lastly, move the 3-point line up to the location in 1996. This takes full advantage of a perimter-based attack with no true center or power forward. Sorry -- the 3-point line moved back where it's supposed to be.

Yeah I know. Doesn't mean you can't try to match the players up.

One I can't figure out is Scottie. No SF in the league that can dominate defensively 1-3 like he could...
Billy Thompson
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 3:35 pm    Post subject:

jwbrown77 wrote:
One I can't figure out is Scottie. No SF in the league that can dominate defensively 1-3 like he could...

The closest thing I could think of is Bruce Bowen or Ron Artest. However, neither of the two would fill up the box score in the other areas of his game. The guy was the made to play with Jordan and the triangle.
dcarter4kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 5:10 pm    Post subject:

Dorray wrote:
And how do we get all those players?

I ment to say to to put together the best clone of the 96 Bulls team, not to be realstic
dcarter4kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 5:14 pm    Post subject:

Billy Thompson wrote:
jwbrown77 wrote:

The closest thing I could think of is Bruce Bowen or Ron Artest. However, neither of the two would fill up the box score in the other areas of his game. The guy was the made to play with Jordan and the triangle.

IMO I think It would be Joe Johnson, his defense is nowhere as good but to me he is closest to Pippen on the offense of end. Here are some stats compareing the 2(per 48mins)

FG FGA TP TPA FT FTA ORB DRB TRB AST STL BLK TOV PF PTS
9.57 20.66 2.55 6.81 3.74 5.51 2.58 5.84 8.43 7.68 2.26 0.97 3.52 3.36 25.42

9.08 20.05 1.84 5.17 3.75 4.74 1.41 3.41 4.81 7.70 1.48 0.45 3.84 2.69 23.76

Pippen is first
TheRod
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 5:47 pm    Post subject:

Billy Thompson wrote:

Yes, I agree with you.......and this guy:

http://pweb.netcom.com/~bjalas/basketball/bulls/duhbulls.htm
LakerJosh
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 10:23 am    Post subject:

Billy Thompson wrote:
jwbrown77 wrote:

I'd say Ron Artest.
astrallionheart
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 6:02 pm    Post subject:

Though you'd have to add some hops and reach to that, Artest is never gonna be the shotblocker, ball deflector, rebounder, passer, than Scottie was.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: