Shaq made fun of on Miami Heat Forum

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KoolMo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 8:01 pm    Post subject: Shaq made fun of on Miami Heat Forum

My Name is Shaq and I once faked an injury...
KoolMo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 8:02 pm    Post subject:

Classic comment and the graphic is nicely done. Dude got skills.
daxeqtr
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 8:23 pm    Post subject:

I don't really think he was being made fun of. The picture came from CL I think.
MAJIC
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 9:57 pm    Post subject:

Yea I found this on a Heat site as well...

Vintage Shaq...

Quote:
After getting completely shut down the first two games, he ditches the post game interviews and gets his team fined $25K. This guy talks more **** than anyone else in the NBA; "I'm the baddest 34 year old on the planet, I was the baddest 12 year old, the baddest 20 year old etc etc." "What happens when you get in front of a semi? You get ran over", talking **** about Eric Dampier, blah blah blah. Then what happens when things dont go his way??? He punks out and runs from the tough questions. What a *****!! You know damn well that if things were the other way around, and it was the Heat that were kicking the **** out of the Mavs, that FAT F'ER would be in front of every mic he could find. Just more reasons I hate that guy.

I wonder if he's gonna skip the exit interview with Riles at seasons end like he did with Phil...

Last edited by MAJIC on Mon Jun 12, 2006 10:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
yrh
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 10:36 pm    Post subject:

when did he fake an injury?
Exick
Site Staff
Site Staff

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 4:24 am    Post subject:

The dude who posted the graphic is named jminges. He's one of us.
SenorJefe
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 7:51 am    Post subject:

yrh wrote:
when did he fake an injury?

refresh his (and my) memory. Was it the 03-04 season when Shaq wanted to "heal on company time" to show everyone how badly the Lakers needed the Most Deficient Ever?
astrallionheart
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 8:06 am    Post subject:

So he was in a game, then said he wanted to heal from surgery injuries? That doesn't make sense. Must be something else, or else that was just an incoherent banner.
SenorJefe
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 8:09 am    Post subject:

^If I remember correctly, I believe the rumor was that his injury wasn't as bad as he made it out to be. It seemed he took too much time sitting on the bench in plain clothes and let the rest of the team work their arses off.
hoopschick29
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 9:30 am    Post subject:

I don't think Shaq has ever straight out faked an injury. But there have been some questionables, starting in 2003 when Kobe was in the middle of his 40+ streak. The Lakers had just come off a home loss to the Spurs breaking their 6 game winning streak. Kobe had like 45 points. But what was most noteable was that Shaq only had 5 rebounds and was completely worked over by 40 year old Kevin Willis. Instead of Shaq just saying Kevin outhustled him, he said he had a knee injury and needed some time off to let it heal. He left for 3 games. Meanwhile, the streak continued and the Lakers won 2 of the 3 games Shaq was out. People behind the scenes whispered that Shaq wasn't really hurt. He was ticked that Kobe was stealing all his thunder AND the Lakers were stringing wins together for the first time that season.

The second came during the 2004 season. Shaq strained his calf muscle in a game against Seattle. It was just supposed to be a day-to-day injury. But Shaq ended up missing about 13 games. It doesn't seem like a big deal until you recall what was going on at the time. Shaq's camp and Buss' camp were still entrenched in heavily contentious negotiations. Actually there wasn't much negotiating going on because Shaq and Doc were about $10 mil per apart from agreeing to anything. About 5 games into the injury, Phil let it slip during a pregame news conference that Shaq had been given a medical clearance to play. Shaq was furious and the next day, Phil backtracked, saying that Shaq simply didn't feel good enough yet to play. About 2 games later, Kobe got his shoulder pinched in a game against Cleveland, and went on the DL for 5 games. Everybody figured Shaq would just suck it up and come back then because Gary was the only HOFer left. But he didn't. In fact, Kobe had finished his minimum 5 games on the DL and came back earlier than he should have because the team was losing so bad and Shaq STILL wasn't ready to play.

People think Dr. Buss shut down negotiations with Shaq because of Kobe. He shut down negotiations with Shaq because Shaq tried to hold the team hostage in the middle of the season by not playing.
Bystander
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 9:35 am    Post subject:

I wonder if they refer to 2002/2003 season. After loss to SA game in Staples, Shaq said that he needs the time off because he was slower than 40 yrs old whatshisname, SA center. The most memorable games he missed were back-to-back Utah and hugely advertised Shaq-Yao II.
kobenbynum
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 11:39 am    Post subject:

Heh that guy is a Lakers fan from Cl and NBA wire.

Hooray Mitch!!!!
Exick
Site Staff
Site Staff

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 12:39 pm    Post subject:

kobenbynum wrote:
Heh that guy is a Lakers fan from Cl and NBA wire.

And LG.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: