Mavs vs. Heat - Game 3
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 10:08 pm    Post subject:

elgato wrote:
Basketball Fan wrote:
But if you think this response is going to get you kudos from this board don't bet on it

I'm not concerned with what other people think. I'm not going to hate on Wade just because the Lakers are out.

See the Lakers have nothing to do with my dislike for Wade I just find him overrated. Not to mention ever since Shaq became his teammate I just don't like him like I did in his rookie season. I guess its the Shaq effect.
twoface723
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 10:18 pm    Post subject:

Basketball Fan wrote:
elgato wrote:
Basketball Fan wrote:
But if you think this response is going to get you kudos from this board don't bet on it

I'm not concerned with what other people think. I'm not going to hate on Wade just because the Lakers are out.

See the Lakers have nothing to do with my dislike for Wade I just find him overrated. Not to mention ever since Shaq became his teammate I just don't like him like I did in his rookie season. I guess its the Shaq effect.

Yeah, I used to like the guy but now I hate him. I think it might be because he's w/ Shaqueer; it might be that BSPN is all over his d!ck; but either way, I think he is very overrated.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger Reply with quote
LakersSpirit
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 12:21 am    Post subject:

They're still not playing smart enough... When the Mavs turn their game up a notch, the Heat just tends to fold, and make alot of mistakes.

In game 3, however, the Heat showed some "heart", by making a comeback. It's funny, I had been dissing Payton, for being a "choker", but he hit a critical shot, to spark the Heat to life.

Wade shook off his leg injury, to also keep thing going. It looked like Wade wasn't focusing on the basket, early in the game. Once the team got their rhythm back, things started to look better.

The Heat still looks too shakey, but I think they can still pull it off, if they play smart. As the commentator was saying: "...Shaq started double posting, and the Heat started to find him..." The game is going away from Shaq's style of play, but, today, Shaq showed that he can still be effective, if the team runs the right offense.

Antoine Walker's veteran presence, is invaluable, as he sort of smooths things out, with his composure, and steady inside/outside presence.
Klassix
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 10:26 am    Post subject:

elgato wrote:
Basketball Fan wrote:

Obviously you do if you took time to reply. Wade == Overrated.
Lakers5150
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 10:37 am    Post subject:

elgato wrote:

1. I think it's pretty sad you are under the assumption that most of us dislike Wade because the Lakers are out of the playoffs. What a bizarre corrolation, one thing has nothing to do with the other. I think Wade is a truly overrated player myself, I don't know why that has anything to do with the Lakers, but whatever.

2. You are obviously concerned what others think, you seem to be intent on defending yourself.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Reply with quote
TEEGUNN
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 11:18 am    Post subject:

Sonicc64 wrote:
elgato wrote:
Sonicc64 wrote:
and of course BSPN will state what a dominating Game SNaqeer had and how "Jordan-like" Wade was.

Pippen said watching Wade in the 4th quarter was like watching a Jordan game.

see, what I tell you.

The ONLY thing Wade has that is similar to Jordan or Kobe is that he gets to the hoop well and finishes strong. Otherwise his game is swiss-cheese-like compared to those two. Not nearly as complete. And on top of that, he proudly proclaims that he can eat whatever he wants and doesn't even really work out. Hard for me to admire a guy like that.

Jake Speed, 1986
smoothCbutla
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 12:52 pm    Post subject:

6'4/212/5% body fat, regardless of what he lifts and eats he's built better than most

oh and the main thing he has similiar to Jordan and Kobe is the ability to take over a game in the 4th..everyone sensed him heating up and knew what was coming
Lakers5150
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 1:08 pm    Post subject:

smoothCbutla wrote:
everyone sensed him heating up and knew what was coming

LOL oh yeah right. Down 13, with his team going in reverse, you knew what was coming? Yeah, a loss.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Reply with quote
Zhengi
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 1:19 pm    Post subject:

smoothCbutla wrote:
6'4/212/5% body fat, regardless of what he lifts and eats he's built better than most

oh and the main thing he has similiar to Jordan and Kobe is the ability to take over a game in the 4th..everyone sensed him heating up and knew what was coming

Yeah, I knew what was coming. The refs were going to start controlling the game in favor of the Heat. Push offs, moving screens, phantom foul calls, letting time run off when the whistle had already blown, etc. Disgraceful.
TEEGUNN
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 2:01 pm    Post subject:

smoothCbutla wrote:

You missed the point. Point is, he's more like Shaq, work-ethic wise than Kobe or Jordan.

Jake Speed, 1986
smoothCbutla
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 5:27 pm    Post subject:

Lakers5150 wrote:
smoothCbutla wrote:
everyone sensed him heating up and knew what was coming

LOL oh yeah right. Down 13, with his team going in reverse, you knew what was coming? Yeah, a loss.

I said when he started heating up you knew something was coming like a big finish

him and Kobe are two of those players that hits a zone then puts their foot on the opposing team's throat any way possible whether it's scoring, rebounding, or a big defensive play

the refs dont lose a game like that the Mavs choked it away
Freakout
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 5:32 pm    Post subject:

All I know is Miami better thank their lucky stars. Wade went off, Shaq had a decent game, Williams shot was on, Haslem had a pretty good game considering his shoulder, and Payton hit a clutch shot ......... and they barely won.
LakersMD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 5:56 pm    Post subject:

^ Not to mention Stackhouse was terrible last night.

Anybody catch this on hoopsworld.com?

Quote:
“Upon review of Game 3 of the NBA Finals between Miami and Dallas, the NBA League Office has determined that the game timing system malfunctioned on two separate occasions in the fourth period. With 45.3 seconds remaining in the game, the clock continued to run for 4.3 seconds after a foul was called on Jason Terry of the Mavericks, and with 4.3 seconds remaining in the game, the clock continued to run for 0.9 seconds after a foul was called on Udonis Haslem of the Heat."

LINK

Convenient.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
Page 10 of 10
Jump to: