Total Dallas choke

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
OdomX2
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 9:58 pm    Post subject: Total Dallas choke

They (plus the whistle swallowing refs) completely blew this game. We're talking 3-0 with no hope for the Shaq's...and Dirk and pals pull a tank. I sure miss the days of dominant, historic NBA teams. Neither of these scrubs deserve the honor of playing in the finals. :roll:
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 10:01 pm    Post subject:

Well I don't know anything about "deserving" the NBA isn't about who deserves to win or lose its about who shows up when it counts that applies to all sports.

Putting that aside the NBA is a watered down sport compared to the old days. Not to mention the manufactured parity. Yeah Dallas blew it but the sad thing is they still were leading and more dominant compared to the Heat despite the refs.

Dallas will bounce back they beat the Spurs for crying out loud I'm supposed to think they're scared of the Heat?

Sweep was wishful thinking no way Stern would let it go down like that...
astrallionheart
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 10:20 pm    Post subject:

I wonder if its a coincidence that the NBA is always watered down when the Lakers aren't on a championship year. It's been watered down 77% of the time the last three and a half decades. The cream always rises to the top to face the Lakers dynasties.
Socks
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 11:27 pm    Post subject:

Part of learning to put teams away. Avery's coaching can only do so much - these guys still need to really learn how to slam their foot down on someone's neck.
TheRod
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 12:04 am    Post subject:

Not really a surprise. Dallas definitely lacks a killer instinct. They choked away SEVERAL games in Round 2 to the Spurs, and the WCF to the Suns.
Nahtanoj
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 12:33 am    Post subject:

Nice phantom foul call on Posey..
LakeLakeLake
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 12:37 am    Post subject: Re: Total Dallas choke

OdomX2 wrote:
They (plus the whistle swallowing refs) completely blew this game. We're talking 3-0 with no hope for the Shaq's...and Dirk and pals pull a tank. I sure miss the days of dominant, historic NBA teams. Neither of these scrubs deserve the honor of playing in the finals. :roll:

I'm not sure what you're talkin about when you throw in "dominat, historic NBA teams". Fact is that none of the so called "dominant teams" (LA and Boston in the 80s, Chicago in the 90s) was dominat enough for a sweep in the finals.
The Dagger
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 3:39 am    Post subject:

No team in the history of the NBA was going to win beat Miami last night. The refs made their decision at the 6 min mark of the fourth quarter to give that to Miami. Case closed.
CabinCreek44
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 3:39 am    Post subject:

The question is will Dallas reassert themselves in Game 4 after gagging away Game 3?

It's tough stuff, giving away a game in a playoff series that you had in the bag. We all lived that a month or so ago.
Kobe>Lebron
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 6:15 am    Post subject:

Did anyone see that travel by Wade when he ran out of control in the lane and got a foul called late in the 4th quarter?
Dallas blew this game though, even though Miami was allowed to push hack and smash their way to a victory.
kobenbynum
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 7:36 am    Post subject:

Kobe>T-mac wrote:
Did anyone see that travel by Wade when he ran out of control in the lane and got a foul called late in the 4th quarter?
Dallas blew this game though, even though Miami was allowed to push hack and smash their way to a victory.

I really liked when he wet over the back of Dampier to get that rebound at the end of the game.

Hooray Mitch!!!!
LakerLegend
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 8:19 am    Post subject:

The Dagger wrote:
No team in the history of the NBA was going to win beat Miami last night. The refs made their decision at the 6 min mark of the fourth quarter to give that to Miami. Case closed.

AMEN! The fix was in last night at the end of the game. As I watched...I could sense something wrong was going on. Phantom fouls especially came from the thin air. At least we know that Dallas could have still won the game despite all of that. I think Avery will tell them that this is the crap that they have to fight through. Hopefully the series will end in Miami.
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 8:27 am    Post subject:

CabinCreek44 wrote:
The question is will Dallas reassert themselves in Game 4 after gagging away Game 3?

It's tough stuff, giving away a game in a playoff series that you had in the bag. We all lived that a month or so ago.

It was a big time choke job, ref aided or not. The defense on Wade in the 4th qtr was non-existent, they were letting him shoot wide open 12 footers.
angrypuppy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 8:33 am    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:
CabinCreek44 wrote:

It was a big time choke job, ref aided or not. The defense on Wade in the 4th qtr was non-existent, they were letting him shoot wide open 12 footers.

Dallas was playing scared on both sides of the court. On defense, they were daring him to hit jumpers, which was foolish after he got into a groove. Avery probably told them not to play Wade too tight, as he's an absolute foul magnet. The refs were looking for every possible excuse to put him on the line late fourth quarter, and Avery probably didn't want to oblige them. Still that's not why Dallas lost... it was a monumental choke job.
Lakers5150
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 8:34 am    Post subject:

Dallas stopped playing, but you knew Wade would get every call.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Reply with quote
TEEGUNN
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 9:09 am    Post subject:

Every single call and non-call went Miami's way the last 8 minutes of the game. The league did NOT want a 3 to zip Dallas lead, for obvious reasons.

That being said, Miami hit some real clutch shots and outplayed Dallas the last 6 to 8 minutes of the game. And Dallas tanked big time.

This series isn't over by a long-shot. There is some real pressure on Dallas now. Losing a game like this where they had a big lead late in the game can have a lasting effect.

Jake Speed, 1986
Ozendorph
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 12:56 pm    Post subject:

The Refs were simply trying to avoid another blow out. I think if Miami (meaning Wade) hadn't made a run to bring the lead down to 8 or 9 points, the refs would have left things alone...but once the door was open to make another NBA Spectacular Finish®, the refs made sure it came down to the last possession.

I'd like to point out the following B.S. non-calls:

1. Shaq shoving Damp with both hands directly in front of the baseline ref to collect a rebound (no call). Shaq subsequently dunks and draws a defensive foul sending him to the line for another shot.

2. D.Wade intentionally blocking/tripping Jason Terry as he entered the front court, right next to the sideline official. Boy, good thing they missed that call, as it would have been Wade's 6th.

There were plenty of others, but those two had me shaking my fist and wishing death (or at least a kidney stone) on the commish and other league officials.
astrallionheart
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 3:58 pm    Post subject:

Hah! Almost reminds of you another comeback aided by the refs.
The Dagger
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 3:47 am    Post subject:

Ozendorph wrote:
The Refs were simply trying to avoid another blow out. I think if Miami (meaning Wade) hadn't made a run to bring the lead down to 8 or 9 points, the refs would have left things alone...but once the door was open to make another NBA Spectacular Finish®, the refs made sure it came down to the last possession.

I'd like to point out the following B.S. non-calls:

1. Shaq shoving Damp with both hands directly in front of the baseline ref to collect a rebound (no call). Shaq subsequently dunks and draws a defensive foul sending him to the line for another shot.

2. D.Wade intentionally blocking/tripping Jason Terry as he entered the front court, right next to the sideline official. Boy, good thing they missed that call, as it would have been Wade's 6th.

There were plenty of others, but those two had me shaking my fist and wishing death (or at least a kidney stone) on the commish and other league officials.

Many people missed it but the biggest non-call was the last play of the game. When Dirk Diggler missed that second free throw, Steakhouse beat Wade to the spot and was going up for the game winning tip in. Wade proceeded to literally shove Steakhouse with both hands as hard as he could preventing him from getting the tip in. The ref was about four feet away looking right at. And you know the rest.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: