OK so Odom is staying.....Now What?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tgf5
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 2:28 pm    Post subject:

Picks for Odom? A trade exemption that may not be used because the player isn't available? Give me a break.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 3:02 pm    Post subject:

KOBE 2.0 wrote:
Now what? well we'll be mediocre thats what.

If they can add a good guard and Kobe and Odom can stay injury free, they might be in the high range of mediocre, a 5-6 seed.
RCS926
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 3:57 pm    Post subject:

tgf5 wrote:
Picks for Odom? A trade exemption that may not be used because the player isn't available? Give me a break.

I highly doubt the Lakers would do the trade if they weren't reasonably certain they could get an impact player with the trade exception. If the trade doesn't go down, then there can be any number of reasons for that. However, if the trade were to go down, then I think it's safe to assume that the LAKERS believe they can make something happen with the trade exception. Whether or not that happened afterwards...only time would tell.
TEEGUNN
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 4:07 pm    Post subject:

Don't forget the Lakers have a history of "swinging for the fences". That is really what all this Odom talk is about. Standing pat is the "safe bet", but also could yield the least returns in the long run. Buss likes to bling it up, and standing pat may not be in the cards forever. To the chagrin of some on this site.

Jake Speed, 1986
PrplReign
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 6:42 pm    Post subject:

THE_SHOES wrote:

Easy bet to win...

Honestly, Boozer, Gordon, draft picks...

NO KG is not coming...

No we don't have time for several rookies to grow up to the NBA level...

Reign,please let me know if you need any backup...

SHOES, I have not received one PM from those advocating, and insisting there will be, a trade including Lamar. Talk is very inexpensive. There are ways to escrow the money, etc... I f some grow pairs to match their mouths, I will share some of the action with you.
J.C. Smith
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 9:46 pm    Post subject:

KOBE 2.0 wrote:

We have a pretty decent young core right now. We need to turn our MLE + LLE + Cook + Mihm + Sasha or Smush into a starting forward and a starting point guard. If the Lakers do that, they will win 55 games this season. Quit whining and doomsaying, our situation isn't bad at all.

You have to expect Bynum to be much improved in his second season. Turiaf should be stronger now that he is fully recovered and has some experience. Odom and Kwame SHOULD both have strong seasons. They showed great signs in the second half of last season, that should give them confidence coming into this one. Sign Banks, trade for a power forward, draft a bench player and we're in contention.
Rick12322
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 6:38 am    Post subject: Re: OK so Odom is staying.....Now What?

KOBESTHETRUTH wrote:
The way Lakers management have been talking in interviews it seems as if Odom is staying and Bynum aswell. The only one that says KG is a possibility was KB24 so What now...We keep our core of players and it looks as if Mihm, Cook, mckie are gonna be the only players possibly out of the equation so what can we realistically get in return and how bout them free agents...is Al Harrington possible?, Banks???...

P.S.
What ever happend to the Kareem Rush back in L.A. rumor?

Banks/Parker
Bryant//Vujacic
Walton/Rush
Odom/Cook?
Brown/Bynum

I think we'll see:

Banks/Parker/Sasha
Bryant/Profit
Odom/Walton/Cook
Kwame/Turiaf
Mihm/Bynum

IR- Deven Green/Rookie
THE_SHOES
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 6:52 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
KOBE 2.0 wrote:

If they can add a good guard and Kobe and Odom can stay injury free, they might be in the high range of mediocre, a 5-6 seed.

Here is what I don't understand about this kind of observation... Nobody actually beat up on the Lakers last year... They weren't even that bad while being "stupid and young" I just don't understand the frigging doom and gloom.

The trades that are being discussed certainly aren't going to help. In fact most of them would hinder.Man, are some of you guys going to be shocked in the upcoming season.

Also there are no longer "teams of total domination" around anymore. The Bling Bling was disband. The Jordan era is over... It is a wide open playing field in which the Lakers have as much chance of winning as anybody.

This team is being sorely underestimated by you guys...
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: