Wade Is Officially The Second Coming Of Michael Jordan
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pappy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 8:58 pm    Post subject: Wade Is Officially The Second Coming Of Michael Jordan

according to those clowns on ESPN! forget the fact he hasnt won jack yet, or that Kobie has three rings and countless pressure shots made in 4 finals appearances.

isnt it funny how Wade with Shaq is the second coming, but Kobe with Shaq is the selfish player!
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 9:07 pm    Post subject:

Yes but Wade wasn't accused of raping a white chick on Colorado that really is the reason here don't be fooled...

And at least Jordan played defense I've yet to see Wade do that.

You know I think I realize the main reason why I dislike Wade beyond the fact I think he's pretty overrated is that its make me defend Jordan and say nice things about him.

I think I'm going to cry
drzucchini
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 9:20 pm    Post subject:

No. Not even Jordan got that kind of royal treatment.
jwbrown77
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 9:25 pm    Post subject:

As regally as Jordan was treated by the zebras, I can't remember any playoff game he shot as many free throws as the opposing team.
ShowtimeDynasty_24/7
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 6:00 am    Post subject:

look Wade is good but to say he is the second coming of Jordan is a strech, disrespectful, and just totally showing your foolishiness, plus they are totally disregarding a guy who is better than him... Kobe, I tell you Wade is the media's love- I'll say this Wade to me can be a mix between Jordan and Iverson, but to say he is the next Jordan is terrible
The Dagger
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 6:07 am    Post subject:

I do admit, Wade has more skills than Jordone. And he is also getting the same preferential treatment as Jordone. I think he may actually end up better than Jordone, but then again Jordone barely makes my All-time top ten.
Lakers 71-72
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 8:14 am    Post subject:

Let's see Jordan play Wade one-on-one pay per-view.
TEEGUNN
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 8:51 am    Post subject:

NO WAY in Hell that Wade has more skill than Jordan or Kobe. Zero. Wade is a one horse wonder - drive to the hole and hope for the call. Not nearly as complete a player as either MJ or Kobe. That fact will bear itself out in the long run. He's being coddled bigtime by the refs. He has made some clutch shots, for sure, but the amount of calls he is getting is staggering.

Jake Speed, 1986
Socks
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 8:56 am    Post subject:

TEEGUNN wrote:
NO WAY in Hell that Wade has more skill than Jordan or Kobe. Zero. Wade is a one horse wonder - drive to the hole and hope for the call. Not nearly as complete a player as either MJ or Kobe. That fact will bear itself out in the long run. He's being coddled bigtime by the refs. He has made some clutch shots, for sure, but the amount of calls he is getting is staggering.

Last night was a perfect example of this. Wade with a wild drive to the hole and gets a phantom foul called with 1.9 seconds left. Total bail out call - Absolutely no foul there whatsoever, and he was out of control, but refs on his jock, so he gets it. Any other player in the league besides maybe LeBron does not get that call - especially at the end of a game.

Wade shows his skills by hitting two clutch free throws under pressure, so all credit to him there, but he never should've been on the line to begin with.
Narziss
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 9:04 am    Post subject:

When was the last time the ratings for the NBA were solid? The Jordan Era.

When did the NBA start their ratings slump? The end of the Jordan Era.

If you were in charge at Disney, and you had two of your stations locked in contracts with a major sports league that has slumped since it lost its biggest commodity, what would you do? You'd do whatever you could to market a superstar at MJ's level, reference MJ repeatedly and pray that the nation listens.

Don't take the comparisons so seriously. They'd do the same to anyone else in Wade position, as they've done with Kobe many of times in the past. Unfortunately for Kobe, he serves the ratings better by being the enemy.
Sojo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 2:22 pm    Post subject:

What are the ratings for these Finals anyways?
P.K.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 3:14 pm    Post subject:

Sojo wrote:
What are the ratings for these Finals anyways?

1. Deal or No Deal (Monday), NBC, 18.2 million viewers
2. CSI, CBS, 12.44 million viewers
3. NBA Finals Game 2 (Miami at Dallas), ABC, 12.41 million viewers
4. CSI: Miami, CBS, 11.9 million viewers
5. NBA Finals Game 1 (Miami at Dallas), ABC, 11.5 million viewers
6. Without a Trace, CBS, 11.4 million viewers
7. The Apprentice 5, NBC, 11.2 million viewers
8. So You Think You Can Dance (Wednesday), Fox, 10.7 million viewers
9. So You Think You Can Dance (Thursday), Fox, 10.2 million viewers
10. 60 Minutes, CBS, 9.9 million viewers

Ratings for the first two games of the the NBA finals between Miami and Dallas were up 13 percent for ABC in comparison to last year's championship series with San Antonio and Detroit.

The second game of the series on Sunday night, which Dallas won 99-85, drew an average rating of 8.0 -- a 17 percent increase from 2005.
NPZ's Magic Johnson mix: www.youtube.com/watch?v=q8Qbo0WqvOI
BygDaddy
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 9:18 pm    Post subject:

Jordan got calls but never like that. I remember saying in the 3rd quarter with about 3 minutes left that Wade was going to the line as much as it would take to let the Heat win
Jacko
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 9:25 pm    Post subject:

second coming of MJ?!
does that mean MJ cheats too?!
J.C. Smith
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 9:51 pm    Post subject:

Come on guys... Get on Wade for faking injuries, or whenever it is due. Get on ESPN and the media hype machine... Don't discredit the guy though for a great performance. Even if he didn't deserve some of those calls, that had nothing to do with his performance and it shouldn't take anything away from it.

You know a player has entered superstar status when they are down in a game, yet they have the ball and your thinking, "oh man we're in trouble." That's what Jordan did to opponents. That's what Kobe and Wade both do now. He's a great young player, people shouldn't be anti-Wade just in support of Kobe.
LakersRGolden
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 10:12 pm    Post subject:

J.C. Smith wrote:
Come on guys... Get on Wade for faking injuries, or whenever it is due. Get on ESPN and the media hype machine... Don't discredit the guy though for a great performance. Even if he didn't deserve some of those calls, that had nothing to do with his performance and it shouldn't take anything away from it.

You know a player has entered superstar status when they are down in a game, yet they have the ball and your thinking, "oh man we're in trouble." That's what Jordan did to opponents. That's what Kobe and Wade both do now. He's a great young player, people shouldn't be anti-Wade just in support of Kobe.

Don't sully Jordan like that. People feared Jordan, because he was going to rip your heart out. Get the steal or hit the jumper over a defender.

People fear Wade because he's going to take a flying leap at you and get freethrows for his efforts. BFD. At one point Wade had more freethrows then his 20 fieldgoal attempts. That should NEVER HAPPEN.
eagle816
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 10:32 pm    Post subject:

Let's see how this second coming of MJ fares in the Olympics games when there are no Stern's cronies to bail him out with phantom calls.
LALAKE
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 2:18 am    Post subject:

J.C. Smith wrote:

Yeah, 11-28 and a ton of FTs..............legendary :roll:
The Dagger
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 3:48 am    Post subject:

LALAKE wrote:
J.C. Smith wrote:

Exactly, if Kobe got those calls consistently he would average 50 points per game...easily. But to say Wade gets more calls than Jordone did is laughable. Jordone got these calls and more every single game for his entire career. Refs were scared crapless to call a foul on Jordone and scared even more if they missed one. I've seen Jordone get foul calls with no one within 3 feet of him - Seriously it was that bad. You take away Jordone's preferential treatment by the refs and he's not much better than Dominique, and Wade is not much better than Vince Carter.

Yeah, 11-28 and a ton of FTs..............legendary :roll:

mbloves L.A.
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 8:04 am    Post subject:

Some claim he is the re-incarnation of Buddha and the second coming of Jesus Christ as well. Humble to the bone and refuses to take 30 shots (ala Shaq)

I prefer it this way, with Kobe the hated one only to prove the idiots wrong.
smoothCbutla
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 9:46 am    Post subject:

what is interesting is that Shaq/Wade are a perfect couple just like Shaq/Kobe but in completely different ways

Shaq and Kobe's game compliment each other better skillwise since Kobe's outside game is much more lethal and his entry passes were much better

Wade's game skillwise doesn't fit Shaq much at all. He clogs the paint with defenders and Wade's outside game consists of pulling up off the dribble and not ball movement out of the post

But the way Wade fits so well is that they are both foul machines especially when facing the strategy the Mavs have been using. Wade's free throws per game in the first three series were nothing out of the ordinary. I think around 8 a game which is perfectly normal for a player of his caliber. The difference in this series aside from a few poor calls is that the Mavs are fouling the hell out of Shaq and getting themselves in the penalty way too quick. On one hand they are denying Shaq easy baskets when he gets position but on the other hand with the perimeter play being called so tight the last few years it's almost not even worth it if you think about it
Vancouver Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 10:06 am    Post subject:

ahhh the unwarranted hate...wade is not better than kobe or Jordan but, he is still a sick baller.
Muad'Dib
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 10:07 am    Post subject:

eagle816 wrote:
Let's see how this second coming of MJ fares in the Olympics games when there are no Stern's cronies to bail him out with phantom calls.

That'll be interesting...Will he be exposed like Little Timmy?
TACH
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 10:14 am    Post subject:

Quote of the Day:

I want to say something about Dwayne Wade, but I fear I may get called for a foul.
-- Warren, Ludington, Mich.

Runner up....

Unfortunately you were right that the NBA finals could come down to the officials. David Stern would rather choke to death on his own vomit than hand Mark Cuban the trophy. It's clear he instructed the refs to take an active interest in the outcomes of the games. Every time Wade drives the lane the refs call a foul on whoever is closest.
-- Jeff, Baltimore
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
JUST-MING
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 1:20 pm    Post subject:

I'll do one better, Michael Jackson: http://img181.imageshack.us/img181/7281/hmm5zn.jpg .
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3
Jump to: