World Cup Soccer
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 12:07 pm    Post subject:

it's only what an english newspaper said... materazzi said just now that he never said something like that... i really don't understand why you insist on this absurd racial issue...
btw, when you write "italians celebrate the same way the play, with no class", don't you think that it seems a bit racist?...
tortuga
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 2:55 pm    Post subject:

8750 wrote:
it's only what an english newspaper said... materazzi said just now that he never said something like that... i really don't understand why you insist on this absurd racial issue...
btw, when you write "italians celebrate the same way the play, with no class", don't you think that it seems a bit racist?...

Well, let's just agree to disagree.

Btw, of course he's gonna deny that. Do you honestly believe that he's gonna come forward and admit to that?

And for the second part, I'm sorry if it sounded that way but I thought everyone would assume that I'm referring to the Italian soccer team. Not referring to the Italians in general. You have to admit, that was not a pretty display. I compared it to the way they play. Call it playing hard or whatever...I've watched quite a few Serie A games and it's certainly not a pretty sight. Switzerland plays the same way except Italy plays much better defense.

I give them all the props for winning it all and they deserve to celebrate it. But not the way they did. And apparently, I'm not the only one who sees it that way as evidenced from previous posts.

Do you honestly want to see Kobe or Lamar running around in his underwear and set up a chair so that Luke can get a hair cut instead of congratulating the other team and whatnot.
bballfan4life
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 3:56 pm    Post subject:

I didnt watch the game live but my bf recorded it and seconds before the headbut occurs you can clearly see the italian say something to zidane. At first he walks away but then headbutts him seconds later. I dont know exactly what was said but I refuse to believe that it wasnt something offensive b/c although zidane has a history of red cards I dont think he'd head butt somebody for absolutely no reason. Obvouisly the itallian isnt going to admit it but I wont give him the benefit on this one, I'm not condoning what Zidane did but common sense tells me he must've been provoked in some way....

RIP Jayden Odom
Canadian Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 7:46 pm    Post subject:

I'm still wondering if Materazzi may have been on Zidane all game, knocking his injured shoulder, trashing talking and getting on Zidane. If only we could have video following one player the whole game we may see something, if indeed something occurred. It may have been trash talking taken wrong. Time will tell.

By the way, I had a lengthy discussion with some Italian friends of mine and it seems that when somebody talks negatively about the Italian soccer team it is somehow seen as talking negatively about the Italian people. Generally, this is not the case and one must be able to differentiate between the two.
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 11:03 pm    Post subject:

i didn't think for a second that tortuga said something racist... it's evident that he talked about italian players, and i can agree with him... what i tried to show is that the racial matter is often ambiguous...
maybe materazzi said something racist, i don't know... but what you say during the game is not what you really think... also zidane said something very bad to materazzi, every player in every sport says horrible things during the game, but it doesn't mean that they are horrible people... that's all...
and tortuga, if you say that italian soccer is ugly, i agree with you... that's way i'm much more into basketball... but soccer in general is ugly, not only italian soccer...
brutella
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 11:44 am    Post subject:

Don't matter what he said, he lost it and therefore Italy won. He did what Italy wanted him to.

Players talk smack all the time, I'm sure Raja and Kobe went at it all the time before Raja couldn't take it anymore, snapped and clotheslined him.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7
Jump to: