Move over Spurs, Heat now the **asterick** champs
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
clone
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 9:14 pm    Post subject: Move over Spurs, Heat now the **asterick** champs

The Miami Sterns were handed a championship on a silver platter by the league. This is the easiest ring snaq ever won.

1949 1950 1952 1953 1954 1972 1980 1982 1985 1987 1988 2000 2001 2002 2009 2010
Hank Hill
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 7:16 am    Post subject:

as opposed to the Lakers legit 3 championships?

If the Spurs and Heat were given special treatment what makes you think the Lakers werent.
The Dagger
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 8:20 am    Post subject:

Yup.

See my sig for the reality.
Ghost
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 8:49 am    Post subject:

Sounds like Blazers fans with their Lakers 1999-00 WCF - Game 7 - fourth quarter comeback conspiracy and Kings fans with their Lakers 2001-02 WCF - Game 6 - fourth quarter free-throw conspiracy. For the record, they were dead wrong too.

Last edited by Ghost on Fri Jun 23, 2006 8:59 am; edited 1 time in total
carlosLisboa
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 8:51 am    Post subject:

Heat won it, period.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Klassix
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 11:04 am    Post subject:

carlosLisboa wrote:
Heat won it, period.

Heat did n't win it.

Allas choked it
Refs handed it
Stern ordered it.

big difference.
yodasbeast
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 1:33 pm    Post subject:

Space Ghost wrote:
Sounds like Blazers fans with their Lakers 1999-00 WCF - Game 7 - fourth quarter comeback conspiracy and Kings fans with their Lakers 2001-02 WCF - Game 6 - fourth quarter free-throw conspiracy. For the record, they were dead wrong too.

This is one of the few rational posts that has been posted in a while. there is no conspiracy. Crappy officiating is not a conspiracy. It's human's allowing their emotions to get the better of them. For years Cuban has berated the officating in this league. Personally, if I were a ref, I'd be tired of it. I'm not saying that the refs all got together and planned on screwing Cuban over. But all it takes is a few refs to feel offended. I remember in one game one of my teammates felt cheated after the game and actually said something to the officials after the game. That's one of the dumbest things a player or owner could do. As karma would have it, he officiated our playoff game and called some bogus calls on my teammate. The point is that bad officials will let Cuban get to them, and that could have been a possibility in this series. there is no conspiracy and Stern isn't ordering any team to lose. I realize some people hate shaq and they have every right to. But the feelings that the league is rigged comes from hate. I gurantee you no one said a thing when questionable calls were made for the lakers durin the championship runs. But since someone the laker organization is not to fond of was at the recieving end of the questionable calls, all of a sudden theres a conspiracy.
KobeButler
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 1:46 pm    Post subject:

Space Ghost wrote:

thank you. People here are starting to sound like those annoying kings fans we all hated.

Seems like every championship has some sort of conspiracy theory. They didnt call the Spurs the Sterns for nothing When we lost against the Pistons, we all blamed the refs. Bottom line, this stuff happens almost every year. Laker fans are just bringing it out more cause they hate shaq and wade.
Klassix
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 2:22 pm    Post subject:

http://img216.imageshack.us/img216/5474/shaqtitle4in.jpg
unggoy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 2:31 pm    Post subject:

Klassix wrote:
carlosLisboa wrote:
Heat won it, period.

Heat did n't win it.

Allas choked it
Refs handed it
Stern ordered it.

big difference.

Congratulations. You've successfully morphed into a Kings fan and are officially the whiniest poster on LG.

Keep up the good work, champ!

By the way, no amount of whining in the world is going to change the fact that the Miami Heat are NBA champs. Time to deal with it maybe, lest you get closer to the edge.
carlosLisboa
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 3:12 pm    Post subject:

Miami is a champion and Wade played big time, while Dirk was watchind David Haselhof's videos.

I'm sure people in Miami don't give a damn of what others think.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
eniq 0x00
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 4:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Move over Spurs, Heat now the **asterick** champs

clone wrote:
The Miami Sterns were handed a championship on a silver platter by the league. This is the easiest ring snaq ever won.

Isn't interesting to see all the Shaq fans defending the officiating by calling anyone who thinks it was lame a conspiracy theorist? Nevermind that the video evidence is there. It is interesting that this is happening, because it reveals who are the Shaq-fans.

^^ Farmar

eniq 0x00
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 4:35 pm    Post subject:

Hank Hill wrote:
as opposed to the Lakers legit 3 championships?

If the Spurs and Heat were given special treatment what makes you think the Lakers werent.

Special treatment on the level of several blown calls in endgame situations? Either provide evidence of your claim or piss off, troll.

^^ Farmar

JUST-MING
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 4:57 pm    Post subject:

I like the Miami Cheats. For a nickname.
DJ Qube
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 7:50 pm    Post subject:

jminges wrote:
I like the Miami Cheats. For a nickname.

I like it too. They've earned it.
astrallionheart
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 6:23 pm    Post subject:

Only the Lakers can earn a true championship.
doughboy90650
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 8:53 pm    Post subject:

astrallionheart wrote:

lol

I hope you really dont believe that because our boys have gotten some very questionable calls over the years as well......
LakeLakeLake
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 4:59 am    Post subject:

I'm tired of all the whining. And I'm tired of all the lame excuses (the refs, the refs, the refs...).

Did you hear Kobe ever come up with a lame excuse why he didn't hit that shot or didn't win that game? No. He respects his opponents, works on his shortcomings and comes back with more fire and poise. IMO, we (as fans) should do the same.

Fact is that Wade is an awesome player (but not on Kobes level yet), Shaq is still an above the average center (but can't cover his weaknesses anymore; dismal free throw shooting) and Miami is a good team (but with serious chemistry problems that would probably have blown up the team if the team had lost one more game).
BigGameYimmy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 6:51 pm    Post subject:

We're not paid as much as Kobe to 'suck it up', although I do respect his professionalism. As fans we can do whatever the heck we want
astrallionheart
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 7:12 pm    Post subject:

doughboy90650 wrote:
astrallionheart wrote:

lol

I hope you really dont believe that because our boys have gotten some very questionable calls over the years as well......

It's not what I believe, it's what I'm allowed to say without being bashed by the mods & the fanboys.
doughboy90650
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 11:38 pm    Post subject:

astrallionheart wrote:
doughboy90650 wrote:
astrallionheart wrote:

lol

It's not what I believe, it's what I'm allowed to say without being bashed by the mods & the fanboys.

You're allowed to say anything you want, just as I, and no one is bashing you. By the way, what is your definition of a "true championship?"
astrallionheart
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 12:40 am    Post subject:

doughboy90650 wrote:
astrallionheart wrote:
doughboy90650 wrote:
astrallionheart wrote:

lol

You're allowed to say anything you want, just as I, and no one is bashing you. By the way, what is your definition of a "true championship?"

It seems to me you've missed my point entirely--I'm being facetious. Which is why you clearly don't understand what I'm alluding to--the power structure here in LG.
maverick521
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 10:33 am    Post subject:

Dallas had it but they didn't have the mental toughness to win it. We can say it was rigged all we want, but as we all know the more aggressive team will get more of the calls. Dallas, simply stood out there settled for jumpers instead of driving to the basket. AND Miami had a guy name DWAYNE WADE that just dominated the series.
carlosLisboa
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 10:52 am    Post subject:

Nowitzki lost to Wade
vkewalra
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 3:22 pm    Post subject:

If people seriously think that the way that Wade was treated by the refs was at all acceptable within the rules of the game, they're simply blind Heat/Wade fans.

Fine, there's no conspiracy, but those games went beyond simply uneven officiating. However it happened, Wade was being refereed differently than any player I've ever seen, including MJ.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: