Stop the Shaq Bashing!!!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mamba
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 11:43 pm    Post subject: Stop the Shaq Bashing!!!

Its getting really annoying when people keep bashing Shaq. What the hell is wrong with him anyways? So he leaves LA and wins a championship... Big F-ing deal. Why should Laker fans hate Shaq? Maybe its the three championships he helped bring to LA that really make you guys angry. Maybe its his sheer dominance that makes you guys jealous. Basketball is a business and he felt he needed to move on so he did. If you hate Shaq cuz he and Kobe had hissy fits all the time then your kidding yourselves because Kobe was just as responsible as Shaq was for all that bs. If we want to be real about things, it was kobe who couldnt keep it in his pants and caused a huge distraction during the 2003-2004 season, NOT SHAQ... What has Shaq ever done to deserve such treatment? Its ridiculous seeing all these posts asserting that Shaq is "public enemy number one".... I know im going to get alot of flack for this because the majority of you hate Shaq and love Kobe. While I dont hate Shaq and i like Kobe, it still makes no sense to me at all why after all Shaq did that a bunch of crybabies here are still moaning because he left. Its like get the "f" over it already its almost been 2 years. I can understand being upset at the onset of the whole Shaq trade but can we just get over it? Is there nothing else to talk about except for him? Someone with half a brain please explain the logic behind this Shaq bashing because i would really like a logical explanation. Its just ridiculous.
KOBE 2.0
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 11:46 pm    Post subject:

CBaller8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 11:54 pm    Post subject:

It's b/c Shaq doesn't deserve another ring. He didn't work for this one. Matter fact Shaq has never put in the effort in any of the titles. He just rode the athleticism he was born with. Shaq's a liar, a hypocrite, and selfish.
XTN
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 12:15 am    Post subject:

Mamba wrote:
Someone a little insight please explain the logic behind this Shaq bashing because i would really like a logical explanation. Its just ridiculous.

Geez, such a simple question. You really need someone to logically explain it to you or are you just trolling . Well if you're that dense I'll oblige.

Shaq left LA and trashed talked relentlessly about the Laker organization, it's players, the city, and it's people. He's no longer a Los Angeles Laker and is now on an opposing team in a different city. You are currently on a Laker based board where there's well....Laker fans who love the organization, it's players, and of course the city (alot of us are from LA). If you would like to read a forum that adores and praises Shaq you may have better luck in a Miami Heat forum. Same can be said about other players from the Miami Heat such as Wade.

You can take it one step farther and logically conclude that if you want to read people praising "player x" that plays for "team y".. your best bet is to post and read on a "team y" forum

if x = y
then y the **** are you on this forum?!
he_is_the_one
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 1:43 am    Post subject: Re: Stop the Shaq Bashing!!!

Mamba wrote:
Its getting really annoying when people keep bashing Shaq. What the hell is wrong with him anyways? So he leaves LA and wins a championship... Big F-ing deal. Why should Laker fans hate Shaq? Maybe its the three championships he helped bring to LA that really make you guys angry. Maybe its his sheer dominance that makes you guys jealous. Basketball is a business and he felt he needed to move on so he did. If you hate Shaq cuz he and Kobe had hissy fits all the time then your kidding yourselves because Kobe was just as responsible as Shaq was for all that bs. If we want to be real about things, it was kobe who couldnt keep it in his pants and caused a huge distraction during the 2003-2004 season, NOT SHAQ... What has Shaq ever done to deserve such treatment? Its ridiculous seeing all these posts asserting that Shaq is "public enemy number one".... I know im going to get alot of flack for this because the majority of you hate Shaq and love Kobe. While I dont hate Shaq and i like Kobe, it still makes no sense to me at all why after all Shaq did that a bunch of crybabies here are still moaning because he left. Its like get the "f" over it already its almost been 2 years. I can understand being upset at the onset of the whole Shaq trade but can we just get over it? Is there nothing else to talk about except for him? Someone with half a brain please explain the logic behind this Shaq bashing because i would really like a logical explanation. Its just ridiculous.

Or maybe you should just go away!
eniq 0x00
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 2:38 am    Post subject:

Right, genius. The only problem people here have with Shaq is that he went away. :roll: Get a clue, please. There are plenty of threads here to indicate why he's not liked. Why does it bother you so much anyhow? Are you a fan of his? Don't blame Kobe for his fat lazyass not being ready to own (bleep) up. When it came time to play, Kobe was plenty ready. Maybe Shaq should have approached the last years (with the Lakers) with the same fervor he has in Miami.

^^ Farmar

composite
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 3:13 am    Post subject:

Honestly, I can't blame Shaq in some ways. If I brought 3 NBA titles and felt like I was being disrespected, I'd be ticked off as well. But he did act pretty selfish for failing to get into shape, dissing management publicly, etc.

The people I really blame is management. Shaq NEVER, EVER should have been traded for 3 slightly above average guys. Obviously, Caron and B. Grant were infinitely replaceable by Miami. Essentially, the trade was Shaq for Lamar and that's just stupid. I refuse to believe crap about Kobe leaving, etc., etc. There's just way too much $$ for Kobe to have left the Lakers, especially since the trial was still an uncertainty back then. Mitch was stupid enough to say publicly that there would be no sign-n-trade with Kobe but not with Shaq. Again, stupid, stupid, stupid. If you want to trade the guy, make overtures privately.

I don't think Kobe was at fault either. Even if he told management that he'd come back ONLY if Shaq was gone, WHY trade Shaq in a fire sale?? Why not ignore Kobe - or at least assure him that you will trade Shaq but w/o the pressure of getting no value.

Let's face it: we're bitter b/c Shaq got the better end of things. Miami won the NBA title and the Lakers were the 7th seed out of the West. We'd all be tickled pink if the Heat got swept in 4 by the Mavs. And that's Laker management's fault, not Shaq's.
XTN
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 4:01 am    Post subject:

composite wrote:
Honestly, I can't blame Shaq in some ways. If I brought 3 NBA titles and felt like I was being disrespected, I'd be ticked off as well. But he did act pretty selfish for failing to get into shape, dissing management publicly, etc.

The people I really blame is management. Shaq NEVER, EVER should have been traded for 3 slightly above average guys. Obviously, Caron and B. Grant were infinitely replaceable by Miami. Essentially, the trade was Shaq for Lamar and that's just stupid. I refuse to believe crap about Kobe leaving, etc., etc. There's just way too much $$ for Kobe to have left the Lakers, especially since the trial was still an uncertainty back then. Mitch was stupid enough to say publicly that there would be no sign-n-trade with Kobe but not with Shaq. Again, stupid, stupid, stupid. If you want to trade the guy, make overtures privately.

I don't think Kobe was at fault either. Even if he told management that he'd come back ONLY if Shaq was gone, WHY trade Shaq in a fire sale?? Why not ignore Kobe - or at least assure him that you will trade Shaq but w/o the pressure of getting no value.

Let's face it: we're bitter b/c Shaq got the better end of things. Miami won the NBA title and the Lakers were the 7th seed out of the West. We'd all be tickled pink if the Heat got swept in 4 by the Mavs. And that's Laker management's fault, not Shaq's.

I don't understand why people are always trying to psychoanalyze why people despise him. It's really simple and doesn't require overanalysis.. He talks boatloads of crap, he's a hypocrite, he's on an opposing team.. I'm a Laker fan and he's no longer a Laker. He demanded a trade but wanted it to be to a city with good weather.. if he really wanted out we should of been able to ship him anywhere. Management gave him what he wanted then he goes off and talks more trash. Management if anything (eventhough the trade may not look like it was in our favor) did the classy thing, yet Big Mouth had a load to say.

BTW if you didn't get to watch Kobe on BDSSP, Kobe talks about how close he was to signing with Chicago (checking out schools, homes, etc). I'm sure management was aware of this... if you think trading Shaq for less than equal value was bad imagine if mgmt let Kobe walk without anything in return. That's even worse!

I really don't care about the who said this or who said that drama. The bottomline is mgmt did what was best for the organization or felt what was best. Ya know this isn't the first time Laker management has made a trade where the player who was traded wasn't exaclty happy. The difference is those players didn't go running their mouths like a punk they understood it was a business and acted like decent human beings.

I almost feel disgusted that Shaq helped out in the three championships.. they feel so tainted after the remarks he made. I mean Shaq ran his mouth so much some actually believe it was "HIS" three championships not the Lakers. Wth is that about?

I'm not gonna lie I liked Shaq at one point, when he called the Lakers the greatest organization in the world, when he praised LA and it's fans, when he was a team player. That all changed after he opened his mouth and then we found out it was all bs on his part. It's really easy to hate people who are ball-faced liars.
LALAKE
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 4:10 am    Post subject:

Him winning only proves that the Miami Heat beat the weak-minded Dallas Mavericks. What did he do? I saw a man with a kidney transplant playing better than him...............I could see redemption if he was dominant....but those days are over....we made the right choice.....and Kobe is still the best player in the game.......
Mongo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 5:41 am    Post subject:

Stop trying to tell me what to do.
Another_laker_fan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 6:04 am    Post subject:

First of F- SNAQ..
So quickly you forget the verbal jabs taken by the big ingrate for 2 straight years...Thats why!!
CheetahMan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 6:35 am    Post subject:

You are free to leave at any time. I'd advice to do it earlier than later.
Flight
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 6:40 am    Post subject:

Shut up.
he_is_the_one
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 7:36 am    Post subject:

K24B_Flight wrote:
Shut up.

Word.
LakersRGolden
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 8:05 am    Post subject:

1) $30Mil / year wasn't enough for Shaq to want to play for the City of LA, but $20Mil / year was enough to play in Miami.
2) He wouldn't play defense for us, but will for Miami.
3) He wouldn't lose weight for us, but did for Miami.
4) He called each and every one of us fake.
5) His trade requirements were so F'ed up the trade everyone is b'ing about was the best one he would ok. So if you don't like the team as constructed - guess why.
Klassix
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 8:52 am    Post subject: Re: Stop the Shaq Bashing!!!

Mamba wrote:

If you dont like the Snaqfatty bashing, dont read it! What has Snaq ever done to deserve this treatment? Let me begin.

1) Every year would come in fat, and out of shape to the Lakers camp, and this year magically comes inshape
2) Always had to cause drama in the lockeroom against Kobe, or other players he didnt like, like Nick Van Exel, Eddie Jones, etc.
3) Didn't even have the decency to attend Chick Hearn's funeral
4) Continually takes shots at the Laker organization ever since he left
5) Yelling at his owner in an exhibtion game "YOU GONNA MF PAY ME NOW?"
6) Not taking a 2 year (23 million per year) contract extension that was offered to him.
7) Calling LA, its fans, and the city fake (considering of all places he plays in, Miami)
8) After game 2 of the NBA finals, after getting owned by "Ericka Dampier" does not attend a press conference he is required to go to, yet appears after they won the other 4 games.

need i go on Snaq lover?
Klassix
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 8:55 am    Post subject:

LALAKE wrote:
Him winning only proves that the Miami Heat beat the weak-minded Dallas Mavericks. What did he do? I saw a man with a kidney transplant playing better than him...............I could see redemption if he was dominant....but those days are over....we made the right choice.....and Kobe is still the best player in the game.......

Miami looked better every time that big fat tub of lard was sitting on the bench and kidney boy was playing. For someone who is supposably the "MDE" to be taken out the last 2 minutes of every game kinda contridicts itself doesn't it?
Vancouver Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 9:35 am    Post subject:

:roll: its a laker board, deal with it
jwbrown77
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 10:01 am    Post subject:

KOBE 2.0 wrote:
unggoy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 10:43 am    Post subject: Re: Stop the Shaq Bashing!!!

Mamba wrote:

I wouldn't worry too much about it. I like Shaq, and I'm glad the Heat won. I've been called just about every name in the book on this board (not necessarily directly), and it's cool. No more than me not caring what anyone thinks as to why I'm still a fan, we shouldn't care why people don't like him. To each his/her own.
TACH
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 11:03 am    Post subject: Re: Stop the Shaq Bashing!!!

Mamba wrote:

But he started it!!!!

Quote:
Shaq calling Pat Riley the "best coach I've ever had" ... and never mentioning Phil Jackson. What the hell? Seriously, what the hell? That's like Ted Danson claiming that "the cast of 'Becker' is the best cast I've ever had." Then he claimed that this was the favorite championship he'd won -- I hate when athletes say that. Really, this was better than beating Indiana six years ago and shutting up everyone who said, "Shaq can't win the big one?" It was much more fun to score 13 points a game and let Wade do most of the work?

After peaking as a player during 2000-02, Shaq seemed worn out after that (the old "been there/done that" mentality). There was only one way to sustain that level of excellence in his early 30s: By getting into phenomenal shape and staying that way. Which he wasn't even remotely prepared to do. Jordan was pathologically competitive and obsessed with obliterating every challenger, whereas Shaq never wanted to be one of those guys whose life revolved around basketball. He liked spending time with his family, hanging with buddies, making movie cameos, recording bad music, showing up at Hollywood events, going to the movies, organizing celebrity roasts ... you name it, he liked doing it. He didn't want to be waking up at 7:30 a.m. to have some tiny white dude bang a medicine ball against his chest 50 times.

So Big Daddy chose the following path: "I'm going to enjoy myself during the summers, show up out of shape for every training camp, play myself into shape as the season goes along, and give the car keys to Kobe/Wade from November to April. By the time the playoffs roll around, I'll be ready and we'll win again because I will always be the best player in the league whenever I put my mind to it. Nobody can stop me."

Well, that mind-set didn't work in 2003. Or in 2004.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
angel
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 2:54 pm    Post subject:

It's really funny. The comments on Shaq have been very positive personally. Some of the off-the-wall statements he's made seem to be because he's caught up in the moment. Most people realize that Shaq is just giddy in the wake of a less anticipated Championship.
Sonicc64
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 3:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Stop the Shaq Bashing!!!

Mamba wrote:

you are asking that question in the WRONG basketball Forum...

I hate Saq and always will, and I'm still waiting on that career-ending injury...

achillies tendon rupture, ACL tear, ripped tendons in both hands, anything... I'm not greedy... just get him out of the league already.
doughboy90650
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 3:28 pm    Post subject:

MyKRo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 3:54 pm    Post subject:

STFU mamba, go find a Heat forum.

Shaq is a fat biatch.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: