Shaq Nearly Mobbed....

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ShowtimeDynasty_24/7
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 10:59 am    Post subject: Shaq Nearly Mobbed....

On ESPNews they showed the Heat parade. I didn't care much for until Shaq got out of the parade truck, and started walking down the barracades and high fiving Heat fans. All of a sudden 1000's of fans broke through the barracades and just surrounded Shaq, a bit chaos. Interesting thing to see, it was amazing when they showed all the 1000's of fans around Shaq, you could spot him out easily. Eventually they got a truck and hurried Shaq inside, just like to share that....
Klassix
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 11:03 am    Post subject:

Good, i hope they broke his ACL and ended his career.
Mamba
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 11:26 am    Post subject:

Thats what Shaq gets for going out into the crowd but personally i think it was a good gesture on his part. He should be a little more logical though. Even though Shaq is a beast, 20,000 people versus one Shaq is going to win every time.
Socks
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 12:01 pm    Post subject:

Klassix wrote:

I think someone has some anger issues they need to work through.
Klassix
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 12:08 pm    Post subject:

Socks wrote:
Klassix wrote:

I think someone has some anger issues they need to work through.

And i think others need to quit whacking off to pics of Snaq when he actually was a decent NBA player.
halosage
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 12:10 pm    Post subject:

Klassix wrote:

Dude just take a chill pill.

Shaq is bigger than the miami heat but not bigger than the Los Angeles Lakers.

Just that scene shows you. GO LAKERS!!!!!! A True Franchise!!!
The Dagger
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 1:33 pm    Post subject:

Did the refs get their trophy?
doughboy90650
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 3:30 pm    Post subject:

Actually the parade was basically like L.A.'s. Just a different location and different color scheme.

Riles had me rollin'.
PROUDLAKERFAN
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 10:35 pm    Post subject:

What happened to the refs?, I didn't see them at the parade, obviously they deserved to be there, without them Miami would not be the champion. I hope they do something for them.
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2006 9:52 am    Post subject:

doughboy90650 wrote:

Riles had me rollin'.

Yeah, he is a real laugh riot.

Did he completely disrespect all the Laker players who worked their rears off to get the rings that made him so much money later again?

Riles and Snaq can go jump in a lake as far as I am concerned, they are both ingrates.
Klassix
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2006 11:01 am    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:
doughboy90650 wrote:

Riles had me rollin'.

Did he completely disrespect all the Laker players who worked their rears off to get the rings that made him so much money later again?

Riles and Snaq can go jump in a lake as far as I am concerned, they are both ingrates.

Mamba
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2006 12:08 pm    Post subject:

Klassix wrote:
LakerLanny wrote:
doughboy90650 wrote:

Riles had me rollin'.

I guess there is no loyalty in sports after all... Just curious as to what Riley did to piss the Laker nation off???
Klassix
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2006 1:01 pm    Post subject:

Mamba wrote:
Klassix wrote:
LakerLanny wrote:
doughboy90650 wrote:

Riles had me rollin'.

I guess there is no loyalty in sports after all... Just curious as to what Riley did to piss the Laker nation off???

lets see here.

1) Purposely throwing the 1990 playoff series vs Phoenix in 1990 because he wanted to leave.
2) Calling Wade the best player he ever had (better than Magic, Kareem, Worthy, etc)
3) Saying he would trade all his previous championship rings for this one.

need i go on?
Mamba
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2006 1:58 pm    Post subject:

Klassix wrote:
Mamba wrote:
Klassix wrote:
LakerLanny wrote:
doughboy90650 wrote:

Riles had me rollin'.

lets see here.

1) Purposely throwing the 1990 playoff series vs Phoenix in 1990 because he wanted to leave.
2) Calling Wade the best player he ever had (better than Magic, Kareem, Worthy, etc)

need i go on?

I can understand why you and many others have a problem with Riley to some extent. Your first point of him throwing a playoff series is ridiculous and opinionated, not fact. And as for your other two points, what do you expect him to say?? "Well this is good and all but i miss the 80's" No. You dont live in the past. As far as him saying that he would trade all his championships rings for this one wasnt intended on making a shot at the Lakers. He was just trying to relay the fact that it has been trying being with an expansion franchise and to get this one meant more because he built the team himself and had to wait for a very long period of time in order to win another championship. I agree with your second point of him saying Dwayne Wade is the best player hes ever coached... if he said that i didnt hear him but if he did then he is just stupid.
Klassix
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2006 4:13 pm    Post subject:

Mamba wrote:
Klassix wrote:
Mamba wrote:
Klassix wrote:
LakerLanny wrote:
doughboy90650 wrote:

Riles had me rollin'.

lets see here.

need i go on?

I can understand why you and many others have a problem with Riley to some extent. Your first point of him throwing a playoff series is ridiculous and opinionated, not fact. And as for your other two points, what do you expect him to say?? "Well this is good and all but i miss the 80's" No. You dont live in the past. As far as him saying that he would trade all his championships rings for this one wasnt intended on making a shot at the Lakers. He was just trying to relay the fact that it has been trying being with an expansion franchise and to get this one meant more because he built the team himself and had to wait for a very long period of time in order to win another championship. I agree with your second point of him saying Dwayne Wade is the best player hes ever coached... if he said that i didnt hear him but if he did then he is just stupid.

When he could have easily said, I AM VERY proud of this ring, its one of my most gratifying or something, instead of totally disrespecting all previous Laker ones ticks me, and apparantly other people off as well.
doughboy90650
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2006 5:10 pm    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:
doughboy90650 wrote:

Riles had me rollin'.

I meant with his dance moves ........
lakers0505
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2006 8:49 pm    Post subject:

Bleep riley, i wasn apart of that laker time, but he dissrespected those greats and us, by saying that, like i said, SEND YOUR RINGS BACK TOO BUSS, SO HE CAN MELT THEM DOWN!
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2006 9:49 pm    Post subject:

People need to take a chill pill and just accept the reality. If it were me and I was working with Chick Hearn behind the mic and Jerry West plucks me out of my microphone seat and spoon feeds me a championship ready team..... I would be thankful for the job and feel very fortunate while Jerry West and Magic Johnson rightfully takes the bulk of the credit. I then move on to Miami and call all the shots and shoulder all the responsibilites of building a championship team. Year after year I fall short, and the media constantly reminds me that I was only a cog in LA, the greatest wheel in NBA history.

I finally build a championship team in Miami. "I" built it!! Not only that, "I" coached it too. Sorry Laker fans, this would be a personal accomplishment that would feel more rewarding than the stepping stone in Los Angeles.

You guys got to stop holding Riley to the standards of West and Chick. Riley is just like one of the players. He moved on for a bigger challenge in life, to carry a franchise on his own and get out of the shadow of West and Magic. For all of you who are sympathetic to Kobe's desire to emerge out of Shaq's shadow, I'm surprise you guys don't understand Riley's elation.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: