How Long Till Dwyane Wade and Krispy Kreme Snaq Clash?

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
OscarWang
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 6:19 pm    Post subject: How Long Till Dwyane Wade and Krispy Kreme Snaq Clash?

Quote:
The enduring image of the 2006 NBA Finals: David Stern handing Dwyane Wade the MVP trophy, Shaquille O'Neal intervening and making sure that HE handed it to Wade, followed by Wade awkwardly grabbing the trophy and hoisting it over his head.

And yes, that's how it happened. I rewound it on TiVo, slow-mo'ed it, everything. No matter how many different ways Shaq claims he doesn't care about being the second-best guy on his own team, it's ludicrous to think he wouldn't care. This is the same guy who compares himself to Bill Russell and never stops touting his own résumé -- now he wouldn't bristle when Dan Patrick asks him a question like, "How does it feel to be the Robin to Dwyane Wade's Batman?"

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/060622&lpos=spotlight&lid=tab3pos2

"I can't wait for next season" were the final words in the updated version of PJ's book The Last Season. Sure, I can't wait for next season, to see how Snaq and Wade will go with their "bond".

You think the big Krispy will stand being the #2 guy? I mean c'mon. The guy scores a combined 14 points in 2 of the finals games, has his worst season ever, and after ever win or loss, he acts like he's the man. He gets the interviews. He gets everything.

Telling him to be the 2nd or even third option on Heat is like asking him to not eat doughnuts for 3 days.

You think he can stand it?

He's already remembering the old days. He even said this, "I won three championships with the great Kobe Bryant. I won one with the magnificent Dwyane Wade. I just want as many rings as possible." See? He's already gone crazy. He called Kobe "great"? Even after he refused to comment about Kobe's 81 point game. Even after on many occasions, he said he forgot who Kobe Bryant was? Yup, he's looking back at the good ole days.

He probally remembers who Andrew Bynum is though, and probally won't forget about him forever.

He calls Riley the greatest coach he has ever played for. Shot at Phil.
He says Dwyane is the best 2 guard ever. Shot at Kobe.
He calls LA a fake city, Miami the "real deal". Shot at all of his supporters.
Tells Andrew Bynum to call him after he gets a college degree. Shot..oh wait, he was dunked on after that .

How long 'till he explodes at Wade and tries to eat him?

I'd say, not very long. Wade is a great player, Kobe is still the best, but Wade is up there. He and them refs are the best dynamic duo ever. How do you think Snaq feels about that? (Actually Snaq, you can eat all the refs, we don't care. Go ahead)

So Wade and the Refs carry the team. Snaq comes off the bench after the win and goes crazy, acts like he is the best.

Okay, one thing: If your parents, your fans, your team, your coach, and your WIFE need to pray and sacrifice themselves when you shoot at 15 foot shot with nobody guarding you, with as much time as you need, you have serious issues. Seriously, the guy needs the world to hold their breath just because he can't make a 15 foot free shot with nobody guarding him?

Then when he makes it, all his fans, his coach, the team, his parents act like world peace has been achieved. Oil has dropped to 5 cents a gallon, and Mitch Cupcake has just been fired! OH, REJOICE! HE MADE A FREE THROW!

In conclusion, I can't wait for next season.

Let the fireworks begin.

- Kobe Bryant
TEEGUNN
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 6:48 pm    Post subject:

I'd bet Shaq is extremely happy that he was able to snub Kobe, Phil and the Lakers and it has all worked out in his favor now. He doesn't have to take much of a pride hit because he feels he has shown everyone up. He's perfectly willing to let Wade take the reigns because it makes Shaq look good and Kobe look bad. It's all about how Shaq thinks people perceive him. Shaq has been great at manipulating situations making him look fairly innocent, but placing the majority of the blame on others. This whole situation with Shaq winning a ring in Miami seals the deal for him - he doesn't have to prove a thing again. And that is the way it will be painted in the media, too.

In conclusion - I don't think Shaq and Wade will clash. Shaq doesn't feel the need to defend his pride and alpha-male rep anymore. He's proven he's a winner without Kobe, Phil and the Lakers, and that is what was most important to him from the start.

Jake Speed, 1986

Last edited by TEEGUNN on Fri Jun 23, 2006 6:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 6:49 pm    Post subject:

14:59
lakers0505
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 7:16 pm    Post subject:

I almost wish he clashes with wade, he manipulates the media so well, if he blows it with a third , Sg, then everyone will realize who the ass is. You know what, i want him too blow it with wade bahhhhhhh .
lakerzpimp08
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 10:58 pm    Post subject:

shaq may have a big ego but he isnt stupid. he knows a clash with wade will result in backlash from the media after what happened with him and kobe. also you have to believe that shaq knows he isnt the shaq of old and that he cant dominate a game like he used

"If we can hit that bull's-eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards... Checkmate!"

I'm the man with no name... Zapp Brannigan.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Reply with quote
astrallionheart
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2006 1:13 am    Post subject:

Wow.
smoothCbutla
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2006 4:55 am    Post subject:

Are you kidding me? Shaq is Wade's (bleep) after he got him that 4th ring. He knows he's running on fumes if he gets in another fight with a guard his career is done.
he_is_the_one
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2006 5:09 am    Post subject:

Great read Masta!
J.C. Smith
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2006 5:43 am    Post subject:

I doubt that Shaq will clash with Wade. Shaq realizes that his best days are past him now, and if he clashes with another guard he knows that it will hurt his legacy.

Shaq was envious of the attention that Penny received, you know he hated to hear people say that it was Penny's team or that Penny was the MVP of the Magic. He bolted to LA and took many opportunities to tear down Penny. In L.A. he had a new threat in Kobe, and one who had the willpower to match his own, and that was a major problem. Shaq refused to bury the hatchet with Kobe and he refused to takea backseat to Kobe. I think going to Miami after training harder than he had in years and still only be able to put up mediocre stats last season (by his standards) woke Shaq up. Shaq always blamed Kobe when things went bad in LA. Kobe was the scapegoat. Shaq blamed Kobe for ruining 2003, when he was clearly the guy who came out of shape and took the surgery on "company time". If Kobe hadn't gone ballistic just before the all-star break the Laker would have had a losing record going into the break. Shaq responded to Kobe's scoring onslaught with complaints, and by the time they reached the playoffs he was getting his touches, but they lost. In 2004 he complained he wasn't getting enough touches in both the Spurs and Pistons series... And people forget that after last seasons loss to the Pistons as a Heat, he again complained about the way he was being used. He did it indirectly though, Van Gundy took the brunt of that criticism, not Wade.

That wasn't how Shaq pictured things. I recall an interview with Shaq in the pre-season last year when he was in Europe. They asked him about Wade and he makes a comment (paraphrasing) that, "I told Wade, don't you worry I'm going to get my 25, my 30. I just need you to get your 20 and we'll be alright, and he accepted that." Of course when the season began those roles reversed. I think this season, Shaq realized without a doubt that his best days are past. I don't think he will tarnish his legacy by complaining about his use in his final years in the same way that Ewing and Olajuowan did.
Ghost
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2006 8:09 am    Post subject:

Won't happen. Shaq and Wade actually like each other.
bballfan4life
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2006 9:45 am    Post subject:

TEEGUNN wrote:
I'd bet Shaq is extremely happy that he was able to snub Kobe, Phil and the Lakers and it has all worked out in his favor now. He doesn't have to take much of a pride hit because he feels he has shown everyone up. He's perfectly willing to let Wade take the reigns because it makes Shaq look good and Kobe look bad. It's all about how Shaq thinks people perceive him. Shaq has been great at manipulating situations making him look fairly innocent, but placing the majority of the blame on others. This whole situation with Shaq winning a ring in Miami seals the deal for him - he doesn't have to prove a thing again. And that is the way it will be painted in the media, too.

In conclusion - I don't think Shaq and Wade will clash. Shaq doesn't feel the need to defend his pride and alpha-male rep anymore. He's proven he's a winner without Kobe, Phil and the Lakers, and that is what was most important to him from the start.

True enough, I doint really see it happening...
But then again you never know, maybe they're still in thier honeymoon period. Kob will get his eventually and it'll be even sweeter

RIP Jayden Odom
OX1947
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 2:42 pm    Post subject:

If Wade and Shaq came in the league together or if they were both playing at the top of their games together, then there would become a rift. Shaq is on the downside and is accepting his secondary role. Him and Wade will never have a problem. The only way to make up for the trade is to have Kobe and the Lakers beat the Heat and Shaq in 2007. I think this Heat team whether tweaked a little or not has one more year in them. Thats what I am wishing for, lakers heat final in 2007.....
Flight#24
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 3:19 pm    Post subject:

I don't Shaq will mess up this one.

This isn't the dominant Shaq of 2001.

This is the old Shaq who will LEECH of Wade until he retires.

Like someone said Shaq may have a big ego but he isn't stupid.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: