USC basketball will own UCLA in the years to come
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mike_dee23
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 1:52 pm    Post subject: USC basketball will own UCLA in the years to come

Just wanted to let you all know that. A new facility. A top-rate coach. And now possibly the No. 1 prospect (O.J. Mayo) coming to SC in 2008.

Quote:
According to sources, the 6-foot-4 guard and Scout's top-ranked player in the Class of 2007 is currently on a visit to The University of Southern California.
Mayo arrived in Los Angeles on Wednesday night and will leave on Friday.

Mayo has been less than forthcoming about schools he is considering in the past. Many people have speculated that he'd wind up at Kansas State after Bob Huggins took the job in Manhattan. However, this is a clear indication that Mayo is seriously considering playing for Tim Floyd at USC.

Football, Basketball, what will UCLA fans brag about?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Reply with quote
TheRod
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 2:00 pm    Post subject:

I doubt Mayo will decide on USC. But it would be great for L.A. if he does.
unggoy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 2:02 pm    Post subject: Re: USC basketball will own UCLA in the years to come

mike_dee23 wrote:
Just wanted to let you all know that. A new facility. A top-rate coach. And now possibly the No. 1 prospect (O.J. Mayo) coming to SC in 2008.

Quote:
According to sources, the 6-foot-4 guard and Scout's top-ranked player in the Class of 2007 is currently on a visit to The University of Southern California.

Mayo has been less than forthcoming about schools he is considering in the past. Many people have speculated that he'd wind up at Kansas State after Bob Huggins took the job in Manhattan. However, this is a clear indication that Mayo is seriously considering playing for Tim Floyd at USC.

Purely speculation at this point, BUT.....

If Mayo winds up at USC, don't be surprised to see North College High (Ohio) teammate Bill Walker (Scout.com, No. 7) follow him to L.A.

We'll take both, please. Thanks.

http://msn.foxsports.com/cbk/story/5741738
mike_dee23
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 2:18 pm    Post subject:

I love it... The only thing I'm sad about is I won't be working at USC then, therefore no free seats.

BTW, just wanted to talk a little smack. Hasn't been much USC-UCLA talk in quite a while.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Reply with quote
unggoy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 3:13 pm    Post subject:

mike_dee23 wrote:
I love it... The only thing I'm sad about is I won't be working at USC then, therefore no free seats.

BTW, just wanted to talk a little smack. Hasn't been much USC-UCLA talk in quite a while.

The Official College Football Thread will likely be up and running (pending mod approval of course) by end of July or mid-August, once camps get going fully. There'll be plenty of talk in there, if the last year was any indication. Not that the Gutty Little Bruins are going to have much to speak about positively, despite being the reigning SUN BOWL CHAMPS!

OU, OSU, Texas, ND fans however (along with the usual SC following), should have plenty to look forward to.

Can't wait.
Kdawg8
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 4:03 pm    Post subject:

Even if, and that's a big if Mayo and Walker go to USC, they would be one and dones. I think they will probably end up at Kansas State to follow Bob Huggins and his 0% graduation rate. I don't think they're worth the trouble, IIRC, Mayo got turned down by Oak Hill Academy so there are some problems there. There was also the rumor that he would go overseas for a year to start getting paid and then come back over to the US when he's eligible for the draft.
mike_dee23
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 5:28 pm    Post subject:

Kdawg8 wrote:
Even if, and that's a big if Mayo and Walker go to USC, they would be one and dones. I think they will probably end up at Kansas State to follow Bob Huggins and his 0% graduation rate. I don't think they're worth the trouble, IIRC, Mayo got turned down by Oak Hill Academy so there are some problems there. There was also the rumor that he would go overseas for a year to start getting paid and then come back over to the US when he's eligible for the draft.

Really? I wish players would commit to college for at least 3 or 4 years... I really think the age limit should be 20. That way players will at least have to try in their studies for more than one semester. But you're probably right... that said, even if those guys don't come, SC is going to improve in BBALL dramatically.
lakersdynasty999
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 10:28 pm    Post subject:

oh man, i hope this happens!!! SC 4 LIFE!

do it mitch!!
ToughKarl
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 3:37 am    Post subject:

It's nice to dream. Dream On!!!!
FarmartoAfflalo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 12:40 pm    Post subject:

ToughKarl wrote:
It's nice to dream. Dream On!!!!

Hey Mayo didn't have the grades to get into Oak Hill Academy, and he beat his girlfriend...so he would definitely fit in at USC!

UCLA on the other hand has the #2 prospect in the country (many say he's better than Mayo) Kevin Love. UCLA has an extremely deep lineup full of good kids instead of thugs like Mayo, who probably won't play a second in college because of his rap sheet and his intended money deals that would send the $C program 20 years into probation if he stepped on the court for them.

Dream on SUC fans. Ben Howland is going to own the country for the next two decades at UCLA.
ArrOhBee
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 12:42 pm    Post subject:

Mayo going to USC?!?!?!

guarenteed he gets in trouble with law!

must be something in the water over there at USC
mike_dee23
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 12:44 pm    Post subject:

ArrOhBee wrote:
Mayo going to USC?!?!?!

haha... only one person has been CHARGED with anything here. And he was charged because he was drunk at a bar or party a few days after his dad died.
FarmartoAfflalo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 12:46 pm    Post subject:

mike_dee23 wrote:
Kdawg8 wrote:

Really? I wish players would commit to college for at least 3 or 4 years... I really think the age limit should be 20. That way players will at least have to try in their studies for more than one semester. But you're probably right... that said, even if those guys don't come, SC is going to improve in BBALL dramatically.

Have you seen the kids Tim Floyd is recruiting? Davon Jefferson failed out of high school and prep school...so Floyd is trying to get him at USC. :roll:

Gabe Pruitt is once again ineligible because he failed his finals. Other USC recruits are borderline close to failing out of high school as well.

The SUC program is still a revolving door, while UCLA is stock piling talent in Westwood. UCLA already has a commitment from one of the best wings in 2007, local boy from Fairfax Chace Stanback. Another commitment from the #1 center in the nation, Kevin Love, is imminent. UCLA is the leader for superstar PG from Anaheim Hills Jerime Anderson and other top prospects from 2008. The Wear twins, 6'9 phenoms favor UCLA at this point as well as they are in the 2009 class. Ben Howland is securing a pipeline while his roster is already stacked

PG Collison, (incoming freshman Westbrook, STUD)
SG Afflalo, Roll
SF Shipp (Welcome back)
PF The Prince Luc Richard Mbah a Moute, James Keefe (mcdonalds all-america freshman), Alfred Aboya
C Lorenzo Mata, Ryan Wright

GO BRUINS!

Last edited by FarmartoAfflalo on Fri Jun 30, 2006 12:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
ArrOhBee
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 12:47 pm    Post subject:

mike_dee23 wrote:
ArrOhBee wrote:
Mayo going to USC?!?!?!

haha... only one person has been CHARGED with anything here. And he was charged because he was drunk at a bar or party a few days after his dad died.

Herschel Dennis
Sanchez

there is more i just cant remember their names
FarmartoAfflalo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 12:51 pm    Post subject:

ArrOhBee wrote:
mike_dee23 wrote:
ArrOhBee wrote:
Mayo going to USC?!?!?!

Herschel Dennis
Sanchez

there is more i just cant remember their names

Don't forget Frostee Rucker, he beat girls at Colorado State, so Pete Carroll welcomed him in. Now he once again is being charged with beating girls. No wonder Mayo, the woman beater, is interested in going there.

Reggie Bush and his parents taking loads of money and living in an agent's house.

There's more as well but i can't remember hte rest off the top of my head with their recent altercations. This Sunday ESPN Outside the Lines is going to do a story on USC's program being out of control.
FarmartoAfflalo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 12:53 pm    Post subject:

mike_dee23 wrote:
ArrOhBee wrote:
Mayo going to USC?!?!?!

Oh yeah, Ray Maualuauaga who said "I OWN THE POLICE!!!!!"

Ray bashed some kids face in and Pete didn't sit him. What a farce.

Then there's Eric Wright, caught with 136 pills of E in his room, which Pete Carroll didn't care about. But some smart people at USC forced the university to kick Wright out, while Pete protested.
mike_dee23
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 1:11 pm    Post subject:

But the key thing is that none of them were charged. There is a HUGE difference between being accused and being charged.
ArrOhBee
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 1:13 pm    Post subject:

mike_dee23 wrote:
But the key thing is that none of them were charged. There is a HUGE difference between being accused and being charged.

a bribe hear and there and they wont be accused

:roll:
unggoy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 1:32 pm    Post subject:

FarmartoAfflalo wrote:
mike_dee23 wrote:
ArrOhBee wrote:
Mayo going to USC?!?!?!

Oh yeah, Ray Maualuauaga who said "I OWN THE POLICE!!!!!"

Ray bashed some kids face in and Pete didn't sit him. What a farce.

Then there's Eric Wright, caught with 136 pills of E in his room, which Pete Carroll didn't care about. But some smart people at USC forced the university to kick Wright out, while Pete protested.

Well, what a surprise to see you in here. The same guy whining that Dave Smith is bashing UCLA is back here to bash SC. At least you're consistent :roll:

I've never seen someone celebrate someone getting in trouble as much as you have.

Also, what happened to your 'sources' that had you all but guaranteeing Pruitt AND Young would be leaving SC for the draft? Funny those same sources didn't fill you in on Farmar, huh?
MIMLaker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 3:21 pm    Post subject: Re: USC basketball will own UCLA in the years to come

mike_dee23 wrote:

Quote:

USC basketball will own UCLA in the years to come???

NOT EVEN ON THEIR BEST DAY.

MIM
JAY
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 5:18 pm    Post subject:

Didn't USC promise a new basketball arena to Paul Westphal in the 70's?

And at USC owning UCLA in bball, maybe if Lavin was still around, and don't be confident that Mayo will end up at SC, there's also talk of him playing in Europe for a year

UCLA basketball is fresh off a NC game appearance, a 32-7 record, PAC-10 regular season, and PAC-10 Tournament Champs, all this with the majority of freshman, and sophmores playing the more minutes

USC will own UCLA in basketball is funny
eureca
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 7:00 pm    Post subject:

LABigBoi
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 10:30 pm    Post subject:

Don't know if USC will "own" fucla in the coming years, but the playing field will be leveled for sure. With Galen opening and Floyd we are already reaping many benefits with high end recruits. The buzz I've been hearing is that it's 60-40 that Mayo, and hence Walker, will head to USC.

Love is top flight player no doubt, but Mayo is a Lebron type player who even if he only plays one year, will make a huge impact on the Trojan basketball program. And I'm sure Walker will be around longer than Mayo, so that would be big for the program in it's own right.

And if we are going to start talking about legal troubles, shall I remind you of the recent troubles of Medlock, Manning, Drew, etc? Most big time, big city schools have forms of legal troubles with their athletes from time to time. So let's not go there...
kwest80
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 1:15 am    Post subject:

2/19/06: USC 71, UCLA 68

I don't see any ownage on either side really; just some competitive ball. Unfortunately for USC, they lost Ryan Francis (RIP) and Gabe Pruitt is ineligible for the Fall semester.

(Caveat: Cal homer here. Go Bears!)
See Montgomery Burn
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 6:35 am    Post subject:

(bleep) USC and everyone who's ever attended.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3
Jump to: