USC basketball will own UCLA in the years to come
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
MIMLaker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 3:09 pm    Post subject:

Floyd is a good coach. No question.

Floyd is a very good recruiter. His track record speaks for itself, and speaks well.

That being said, I'll gladly take Coach Howland's Bruins any day fo the week, twice on Thursdays, twice on Saturdays, and repeatedly on Tournament days.

MIM
Balki Bartokomous
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 4:13 pm    Post subject:

Bruins = Lakers
Trojans = Clippers

Not just the facts that the first comparison shares an amazing total of rings while the latter shared that dump of an arena for so many years but any success among the latter will most certainly be SHORT-LIVED!
Caron1
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 6:53 pm    Post subject:

4evARaBRUIN wrote:
Caron1 wrote:
Typical Ruin whining and spin. Keep crying while SC continues to mop the floor with your football team. Its no suprise there is all this complaining coming from Ruins, they see SC bball is on the rise and will actually compete (although we DID beat their beloved Final 4 team last year....) for the years to come. But hey, you guys can have your womens softball, cricket, water polo, etc titles and continue to brag about those...

It appears like you are the one whining and spinning.

First, this is a thread about hoops on a hoops site. I hope my boys Alfred and Travon represent SC better than you do. Try to win with some class.

The bottom line is this... even if the entire Pac 10 were to win 20+ games a year for the next 10 years, most Bruins are not worried about what the rest of the Pac does. We plan to do it as well, if not better.

No one is denying the talent of the guys Floyd is looking at, but it seems like some SC fans are trying to spin that Love is nothing compared to Mayo. Who is trying to graduate from the Spin School of Medicine on that one?

Floyd is doing an incredible job associating SC with big time talent, but given the progress that Howland is making in Westwood we will gladly face whatever the Pac brings. As a matter of fact, if conference is more competitive, then it only leads to further runs in March.

Look, if C Bud at UofA, Hawes at UW and the Lopez twins at Stanford improve their teams as much as Floyd's recruits do, then bring them on. It will make late Dec through early March that much more exciting.

When did I happen to say Love doesnt compare to Mayo? They are both great players, granted Id take Mayo any day but I didnt hate on Love at all. My point is I find it funny how when Ruins see SC having success in their so called dominated sport, they need to pull a Notre Dame tactic and start resorting to academic nonsense and implying that SC players and even coaches are thugs. Its laughable.

(by the way I know Vincent Joseph and his fam, cant wait to see him at SC. Travon has looked great in practice so far and Im hoping Alfred is a package deal w/ Kenny. Do you go to Poly?).

Quote:
Bruins = Lakers
Trojans = Clippers

Not just the facts that the first comparison shares an amazing total of rings while the latter shared that dump of an arena for so many years but any success among the latter will most certainly be SHORT-LIVED!

I assume you are talking about basketball, otherwise this point would be so ridiculous it wouldnt deserve a reply. If you feel that SC's bball success will be short lived, I have to disagree. If Mayo stays for 1 year and brings a solid class w/ him, SC will make a national championship run. Not only that, the recruiting benefits and national attention are equally important. Ask Syracuse fans how they liked having Carmelo for 1 year. Ruin fans just cant stand to see SC bball on the rise because its the 1 sport they used to claim superiority in...
Caron1
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 6:54 pm    Post subject:

And before any Ruin wants to start calling SC players thugs, I suggest you beware of the local Denny's.
4evARaBRUIN
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 10:12 pm    Post subject:

Caron1 wrote:
4evARaBRUIN wrote:
Caron1 wrote:
Typical Ruin whining and spin. Keep crying while SC continues to mop the floor with your football team. Its no suprise there is all this complaining coming from Ruins, they see SC bball is on the rise and will actually compete (although we DID beat their beloved Final 4 team last year....) for the years to come. But hey, you guys can have your womens softball, cricket, water polo, etc titles and continue to brag about those...

First, this is a thread about hoops on a hoops site. I hope my boys Alfred and Travon represent SC better than you do. Try to win with some class.

The bottom line is this... even if the entire Pac 10 were to win 20+ games a year for the next 10 years, most Bruins are not worried about what the rest of the Pac does. We plan to do it as well, if not better.

No one is denying the talent of the guys Floyd is looking at, but it seems like some SC fans are trying to spin that Love is nothing compared to Mayo. Who is trying to graduate from the Spin School of Medicine on that one?

Floyd is doing an incredible job associating SC with big time talent, but given the progress that Howland is making in Westwood we will gladly face whatever the Pac brings. As a matter of fact, if conference is more competitive, then it only leads to further runs in March.

Look, if C Bud at UofA, Hawes at UW and the Lopez twins at Stanford improve their teams as much as Floyd's recruits do, then bring them on. It will make late Dec through early March that much more exciting.

When did I happen to say Love doesnt compare to Mayo? They are both great players, granted Id take Mayo any day but I didnt hate on Love at all. My point is I find it funny how when Ruins see SC having success in their so called dominated sport, they need to pull a Notre Dame tactic and start resorting to academic nonsense and implying that SC players and even coaches are thugs. Its laughable.

(by the way I know Vincent Joseph and his fam, cant wait to see him at SC. Travon has looked great in practice so far and Im hoping Alfred is a package deal w/ Kenny. Do you go to Poly?).

How is Vincent's mom? Is she still in the hospital? I haven't spoken to Vincent since he left for SC. Actually haven't talked to Tray either. Alfred hits me up every now and then to talk trash, and I have hung out with Terrence a few times on campus.

I actually saw Byron watching the 7s against El Co on wed.

As far as I know Kenny is undecided, but I wouldn't be surprised if both he and Donavan end up at SC. I also wouldn't be surprised if Kenny decides to make a name for himself somewhere else. With Desean and Gary up at Cal, he could end up there.

I am supposed to see Kenny next week after I am done with summer school, so I will talk to him then. But if you know Kenny, he is not like Alfred. He is quiet and more reserved about these things.

I go to UCLA.

1-0. Six more times.

So let success be my sweetest revenge...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Reply with quote
JAY
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 7:42 pm    Post subject:

Caron1 wrote:
And before any Ruin wants to start calling SC players thugs, I suggest you beware of the local Denny's.

Maurice Drew was cleared of the charges, nice try though
RJBaca
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 7:18 am    Post subject:

USC basketball will own UCLA in the years to come

Lets play at least one game.

OJ coming west is good for WC BBall. OJ and LOve matchups will be watched across the country.

GO BRIUNS!
Caron1
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 7:27 am    Post subject:

4evARaBRUIN wrote:
Caron1 wrote:
4evARaBRUIN wrote:
Caron1 wrote:

How is Vincent's mom? Is she still in the hospital? I haven't spoken to Vincent since he left for SC. Actually haven't talked to Tray either. Alfred hits me up every now and then to talk trash, and I have hung out with Terrence a few times on campus.

As far as I know Kenny is undecided, but I wouldn't be surprised if both he and Donavan end up at SC. I also wouldn't be surprised if Kenny decides to make a name for himself somewhere else. With Desean and Gary up at Cal, he could end up there.

I am supposed to see Kenny next week after I am done with summer school, so I will talk to him then. But if you know Kenny, he is not like Alfred. He is quiet and more reserved about these things.

I go to UCLA.

Thats cool. I havent talked to him in a few weeks, not sure. Him and Tray have been killin it at practice apparently, wouldnt suprise me to see Vincent on special teams this year.

I heard similar things bout Kenny, but I think Donovan is all SC. Ive talked to him on campus, I saw him at a few practices this year.

By the way ya'll got a good player this year in Brian Price from Crenshaw.
4evARaBRUIN
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 10:41 am    Post subject:

Caron1 wrote:
4evARaBRUIN wrote:
Caron1 wrote:
4evARaBRUIN wrote:
Caron1 wrote:

I go to UCLA.

Thats cool. I havent talked to him in a few weeks, not sure. Him and Tray have been killin it at practice apparently, wouldnt suprise me to see Vincent on special teams this year.

I heard similar things bout Kenny, but I think Donovan is all SC. Ive talked to him on campus, I saw him at a few practices this year.

I ran into Ryan at a party last night, and he is supposed to start at TB for Compton this year.

Both BP and Raymond Carter are my boys, but I haven't talked to them in a little over a week.

I agree that Donavan is SC, but he wants there to be some suspense.. and maybe get some trips.

If you talk to Vincent, tell him that AR has been trying to hit him up at his house to see how his mom is doing. Tell he and Tray to hit me up.

I hear Tray has been ballin, but I get mixed reviews on Vincent. Some say he is putting it down, while others say he isn't.

Either way, there is so much depth, that I think neither should expect to make the 2 deep. Tray should get some burn at punt returner, in the least.

I think both he and Terrence might crack the rotations, but not necessarily start.

1-0. Six more times.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Reply with quote
Caron1
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 8:22 am    Post subject:

4evARaBRUIN wrote:
Caron1 wrote:
4evARaBRUIN wrote:
Caron1 wrote:
4evARaBRUIN wrote:
Caron1 wrote:

I go to UCLA.

I ran into Ryan at a party last night, and he is supposed to start at TB for Compton this year.

Both BP and Raymond Carter are my boys, but I haven't talked to them in a little over a week.

I agree that Donavan is SC, but he wants there to be some suspense.. and maybe get some trips.

If you talk to Vincent, tell him that AR has been trying to hit him up at his house to see how his mom is doing. Tell he and Tray to hit me up.

I hear Tray has been ballin, but I get mixed reviews on Vincent. Some say he is putting it down, while others say he isn't.

Either way, there is so much depth, that I think neither should expect to make the 2 deep. Tray should get some burn at punt returner, in the least.

I think both he and Terrence might crack the rotations, but not necessarily start.

Will do. I think they could see the rotation eventually, but Vincent + Tray will make their mark on special teams this year. You never know though, with all the injuries in the defensive backfield last year it wouldnt suprise me to see CJ Gable, Vincent, Alfred get some reps eventually. Tray might end up returning punts like you said.

Are you talkin bout Ryan Walker? That boy is a tank!
4evARaBRUIN
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 3:06 pm    Post subject:

Caron1 wrote:

Will do. I think they could see the rotation eventually, but Vincent + Tray will make their mark on special teams this year. You never know though, with all the injuries in the defensive backfield last year it wouldnt suprise me to see CJ Gable, Vincent, Alfred get some reps eventually. Tray might end up returning punts like you said.

Yeah, the one with the heart problems, right? Big issue is how soon will all those guys be available. The reason I know so many of the fellas is that I have tutored amny of them or their teammates, especially on the SAT. I am not sure if theywill all pass NCAA Clearinghouse. If so, that means JC, or re-takes.

That is not a flame, but it is a just a concern I have for some of my boys.

It is surprising how bad a transcript can be, while still eligible for HS football.

1-0. Six more times.

Caron1
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 4:07 pm    Post subject:

4evARaBRUIN wrote:
Caron1 wrote:

Yeah, the one with the heart problems, right? Big issue is how soon will all those guys be available. The reason I know so many of the fellas is that I have tutored amny of them or their teammates, especially on the SAT. I am not sure if theywill all pass NCAA Clearinghouse. If so, that means JC, or re-takes.

That is not a flame, but it is a just a concern I have for some of my boys.

It is surprising how bad a transcript can be, while still eligible for HS football.

I feel ya. Im worried bout it as well, I heard Kenny Ashley from Venice will not qualify. Sucks, the coaches called him Maurice Drew with power.
4evARaBRUIN
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 9:11 pm    Post subject:

Ya, some of the kids we have talked about were highly regarded by other Pac 10 schools, but without referring to them by name, they made it clear they were disappointed they could not recruit them due to grades.

I was surprised that so many of them ended up commiting on signing day. I am curious to see what happens later next month when NCAA Clearinghouse starts dropping the axe.

I hope none of my boys get caught in the mess.

1-0. Six more times.

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3
Jump to: