Enron Founder Ken Lay Dead of Heart Attack

View previous topic :: View next topic  
orwell
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 6:40 am    Post subject: Enron Founder Ken Lay Dead of Heart Attack

Enron founder Ken Lay dead of heart attack
report 18 minutes ago

HOUSTON (Reuters) - Enron Corp. founder Ken Lay, who was convicted last month of fraud and conspiracy for his part in the Houston-based company's collapse into bankruptcy in 2001, has died of a heart attack at his vacation home in Colorado, a Houston television station reported on Wednesday.

KHOU-TV, a CBS affiliate, said Lay suffered a massive heart attack. He was awaiting sentencing later this year and was expected to face a lengthy prison term for his convictions in the Enron collapse.

LINK
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 6:44 am    Post subject:

Better death than prison is what I say..
uberzev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 6:49 am    Post subject:

Money$hot!
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 6:52 am    Post subject:

LOOSE THE CONSPIRACY THEORIES... now, now, now.
bballfan4life
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 6:53 am    Post subject:

who has the trust fund?

RIP Jayden Odom
orwell
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 7:24 am    Post subject:

Basketball Fan wrote:

May his soul burn forever in hell.
TheRod
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 7:26 am    Post subject:

mike_dee23
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 8:08 am    Post subject:

Dude is in Mexico by now... or maybe on his yacht. :Sigh: I can't help it.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Reply with quote
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 10:03 am    Post subject:

good riddance to bad rubbish.
Panthas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 11:59 am    Post subject:

Convienent...no?
mbloves L.A.
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 3:02 pm    Post subject:

He deserves it, if he is truly dead. I hope he suffered at his death like he made other people suffer.
Tony Montana
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 3:23 pm    Post subject:

He died while on a vacation so many thousands of shareholders and employees who lost most or all of their life savings could never have afforded. In the end, they still have the one thing he now doesn't: Life. They are still better off than him. Bye bye, pig.
LaLakers999
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 5:51 pm    Post subject:

Tony Montana wrote:
He died while on a vacation so many thousands of shareholders and employees who lost most or all of their life savings could never have afforded. In the end, they still have the one thing he now doesn't: Life. They are still better off than him. Bye bye, pig.

the sad thing is that he died with millions!!!! MILLIONS!!!! something that some of these people will never have!!! He lived a life of luxury and now hes dead..... what a chicken way to go! I wish he was still alive so he can get anally raped very hard in prison
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 7:28 pm    Post subject:

orwell wrote:
Basketball Fan wrote:

Actually that's not what I meant I personally don't care for the guy either but I really don't feel compelled to enjoy his death because regardless of what we may think of him he had a family that did love him and hopefully there are people that will respect their right to privacy until he is buried.

I meant that its better to be dead than to be in prison.

I find there are worse people out there than Kenneth Lay go figure.
mbloves L.A.
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 8:46 pm    Post subject:

Basketball Fan wrote:
orwell wrote:
Basketball Fan wrote:

Actually that's not what I meant I personally don't care for the guy either but I really don't feel compelled to enjoy his death because regardless of what we may think of him he had a family that did love him and hopefully there are people that will respect their right to privacy until he is buried.

Thousands of families suffered because of him. And his is just one family. I would rather mourn an honest father/husband/brother than a dishonest pile of crap. His family will be able to enjoy their millions.
Polish_Bastard
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 11:45 pm    Post subject:

Cancer would have been more fair.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 11:58 pm    Post subject:

Basketball Fan wrote:
orwell wrote:
Basketball Fan wrote:

very compasionate response however the particular individual you are giving it to is not deserving of it. the guy's soul is garbage. he does not care about any other individuals. his greed and desire for wealth well beyond reason led to him screwing over thousands of people and seriously inconveniencing millions of people. people like that do not deserve any respect or consideration. they are self centered bastards. i'm saddened by this news because i was hoping for him to spend the rest of his miserable wretched life in prison grabbing his ankles while the rest of the prison runs a train on him every day until he dies.
SenorJefe
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 7:43 am    Post subject:

why can't any of the really crappy ones die - like Saddam?...or Fidel?...or Kim Jong whats-his-face? Why can't those asswipes suddenly croak? I mean, I'll take Kenny, no problem - but I would've easily traded a Lay for...let's say, an Osama Bin Heart-attack.
mike_dee23
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 8:00 am    Post subject:

SenorJefe wrote:
why can't any of the really crappy ones die - like Saddam?...or Fidel?...or Kim Jong whats-his-face? Why can't those asswipes suddenly croak? I mean, I'll take Kenny, no problem - but I would've easily traded a Lay for...let's say, an Osama Bin Heart-attack.

dude, Bin Laden is dead... c'mon, think about it. When was the last time he was on TV? Sure he was on the radio, but not on TV. He died from his diabetes. DUDE GOT DIALYSIS IN A CAVE! HAHAHA... Oh you mean, Lil Kim Jong
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Reply with quote
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 7:07 pm    Post subject:

mbloves L.A. wrote:
Basketball Fan wrote:
orwell wrote:
Basketball Fan wrote:

Thousands of families suffered because of him. And his is just one family. I would rather mourn an honest father/husband/brother than a dishonest pile of crap. His family will be able to enjoy their millions.

Okay WTFever getting past the holier than thou tone of voice in this post I guess you just totally missed my point...

Yeah thousands of families suffered because of him

But thousands and even millions have suffered from terrorists like Bin Laden etc hell how many have suffered from our President alone. Fact of the matter is there is no individual on this planet that would ever be considered "totally pure" here. Yeah Lay was a greedy bastard I don't dispute that but I don't also feel the need to dance on his grave either because to me he doesn't really elicit that sort of reaction. Maybe if he had screwed me over financially it would be a different story but my point is this "worthy of grief" thing is BS plain and simple.

Regardless of what we may think of him or anyone like him there are people that did love him and they aren't terrible people because of it and I don't get why there are people who can't respect that.
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 7:11 pm    Post subject:

da ocho wrote:
Basketball Fan wrote:
orwell wrote:
Basketball Fan wrote:

very compasionate response however the particular individual you are giving it to is not deserving of it. the guy's soul is garbage. he does not care about any other individuals. his greed and desire for wealth well beyond reason led to him screwing over thousands of people and seriously inconveniencing millions of people. people like that do not deserve any respect or consideration. they are self centered bastards. i'm saddened by this news because i was hoping for him to spend the rest of his miserable wretched life in prison grabbing his ankles while the rest of the prison runs a train on him every day until he dies.

Funny I don't recall who exactly is "deserving" of being mourned or grieved its all subjective I'm sure when Kobe dies there will be people that will cheer and think he doesn't deserve compassion or anyone else that's considered "not worthy"

But that's not the point my point is that I just don't feel the need to dance on his grave if you want to be my guest but I don't see the point I'm not grieving his loss if anything I really don't care either way.

I just think if one had a choice between death and prison they will always choose death.

I also think those who did love him aren't horrible people for doing so and grieving his loss because whether you want to believe it or not they may really love him and feel compassion for him. I'm not one of them but at least I can't respect that.

Clearly you don't feel the same way.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: