Hoopsworld.com Rumor Mill: Lakers working on S&T of Devean George?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
1hu2ren3dui4
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 10:15 pm    Post subject:

insidepresence wrote:
Makes sense, why would Devean agree to a S & T to help a team that he probably feels shafted by. Albeit he was never anything special here, he probably is hurt that he isn't going to be resigned again. Who knows, maybe he understands its business, but even then, could anyone really see him helping the Lakers?

if you could make a couple extra mil a year, would you care who was helping whom in the transaction?
Wolverine
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 10:19 pm    Post subject:

insidepresence wrote:
could anyone really see him helping the Lakers?

1. First round draft pick out of a Division III school (Augsburg) in 1999
2. 3 championship rings his first 3 seasons
3. $20+ million in salary (to be a backup SF)
4. Stable environment for 7 years to grow as a player (inspite of his various long-term injuries and missed games)

If I were him, I'd be grateful.

Last edited by Wolverine on Thu Jul 06, 2006 10:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
mttbk
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 10:21 pm    Post subject:

Emplay would you have any idea ( if this were to happen) what position might return.Thanks
THE_SHOES
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 11:08 pm    Post subject:

LakerJam wrote:
Typical of Lakers fans to think other teams don't value defense at the SF spot, which happens to be the main scoring position in basketball, just because we're too busy hating on our own.

Geez. Yes, Devean is not worth a fortune, but that doesn't mean a team wouldn't be interested in trading for him. There are also things such as roster space needs where a team could only entertain acquiring him via trade.

I've always loved how you stand folks up, and punch em out!!

Good post Jam!
emplay
Site Staff
Site Staff

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 11:21 pm    Post subject:

lakers have no idea who they can get for George - unless teams are calling and asking them for S&T - which isn't likely.

It's a wait and see sort of thing . . .
A Mad Chinaman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 12:11 am    Post subject:

KobeButler wrote:
some realistic options I could think of:
Devean George for Marco Jaric
Devean George for Raefer Alston(if they sign Mike James)
Devean Goerge + Mihm for Mike James
Devean George for Damon Jones
Devean George for Brent Barry
As repeatedly stated, the players mentioned are not of any value to the Lakers. Maybe an option would be to receive high draft choices/1st or 2nd from a team like Atlanta where they are looking for veteran leadership on a young team that is spending money to improve themselves?!?! This might be the best plan since next year's draft is supposed to be one of the deepest in years.

Emplay - does this seem plausible and/or reasonable? What teams do you think that DGeorge would want to go to and could provide high draft choices?
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 12:18 am    Post subject:

DancingBarry wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

If they could bring in Banks for 4 mil a year, they might make that move.

And, how would the Lakers do that?

*taps foot with arms crossed*

I never said they could, only that if they could, it would work well with the salary flexibility plan. "If" being the operative word, it usually works when something can't happen. If you had quoted the entire post, you could see that it was a comment on how such a deal could fit with the salary flexibility plan.
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 12:53 am    Post subject:

Fine. I will quote the whole thing.

venturalakersfan wrote:
RG73 wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:
Guys, Do you honestly think that Buss would take the contract of Kenyon Martin?

Right now? No.

Agree. If they could bring in Banks for 4 mil a year, they might make that move. Because he would be easy to trade in the future at that price. Just as Vlad would be easy to move in the future at the MLE. Martin would be very difficult to move, so no way he is brought in.

Unfortunately, the Collective Bargaining Agreement makes this IF scenario quite impossible as the Lakers cannot obtain Banks this offseason for $4 million a year, and the TWolves cannot sign and trade Banks using their MLE. Since Banks cannot be obtained this offseason at that amount it makes your example a moot point since it will not happen. If you had used almost any other available free agent in this hypothetical example, it would have been technically possible to occur. If they changed the CBA or the Lakers backed out on the negotiated agreement with Radmanovic, I would agree that Banks at $4 million per year is a contract that would still give them cap flexibility as it seems like a tradeable contract. Since Banks cannot be obtained by the Lakers for said amount as we have already agreed to use the MLE on Radmanovic, this is one situation we can safely cross off as a possibility concerning our cap flexibility.
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 1:18 am    Post subject:

DancingBarry wrote:
Fine. I will quote the whole thing.

venturalakersfan wrote:
RG73 wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:
Guys, Do you honestly think that Buss would take the contract of Kenyon Martin?

Right now? No.

Agree. If they could bring in Banks for 4 mil a year, they might make that move. Because he would be easy to trade in the future at that price. Just as Vlad would be easy to move in the future at the MLE. Martin would be very difficult to move, so no way he is brought in.

Unfortunately, the Collective Bargaining Agreement makes this IF scenario quite impossible as the Lakers cannot obtain Banks this offseason for $4 million a year, and the TWolves cannot sign and trade Banks using their MLE. Since Banks cannot be obtained this offseason at that amount it makes your example a moot point since it will not happen. If you had used almost any other available free agent in this hypothetical example, it would have been technically possible to occur. If they changed the CBA or the Lakers backed out on the negotiated agreement with Radmanovic, I would agree that Banks at $4 million per year is a contract that would still give them cap flexibility as it seems like a tradeable contract. Since Banks cannot be obtained by the Lakers for said amount as we have already agreed to use the MLE on Radmanovic, this is one situation we can safely cross off as a possibility concerning our cap flexibility.

Dude, you should just sticky this. I'm starting to feel bad for you.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6
Jump to: