Bill Simmons on Ginoboli's flopping

View previous topic :: View next topic  
32tapout
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 1:53 pm    Post subject: Bill Simmons on Ginoboli's flopping

Manu Ginobili
"As time passes, his Game 7 foul on Nowitzki will take its rightful place alongside Isiah's pass that Bird stole, Worthy's pass that Gerald Henderson stole, Derek Harper dribbling out the clock, Nick Anderson's free throws and the Peja/Christie airballs as one of the 25 most incompetent moments in NBA playoff history. And yes, I would watch that show. But I could see his career going one of two ways -- either he's never the same, or he's better than ever before. I vote for the latter.

(Not to keep bringing back soccer, but Ginobili's constant flopping makes much more sense after sitting through four weeks of World Cup -- he only needs to incorporate the "carried off in a stretcher, and as the stretcher is taking him away, he hops off like nothing happened and joins the play again" maneuver. That's my favorite.)"

Link: http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/060707

Mr. NBA Logo on 6/24/05 on Spurs fans seeking validation from Laker fans.
methdxman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 3:18 pm    Post subject:

Yeah the flopping in soccer is ridiculous and I wish they'd make harsher penalties for people who flop... but oh, well, it's still a beautiful game.

By the way Simmons is totally right... I play basketball here in Spain (big soccer country), and there is more flopping and injury faking than I have seen in my life.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger Reply with quote
smokestack
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 11:51 am    Post subject:

methdxman wrote:
Yeah the flopping in soccer is ridiculous and I wish they'd make harsher penalties for people who flop... but oh, well, it's still a beautiful game.

By the way Simmons is totally right... I play basketball here in Spain (big soccer country), and there is more flopping and injury faking than I have seen in my life.

i don't watch soccer at all.

but isn't there a huge strategic benefit to faking injury on the the soccer field? something about getting time for ur teamates to catch their breath since there are no timeouts?

flopping during bball is annoying to watch. basketball is a power/finesse sport. flopping takes away this balance.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: