Holy crap

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pokoy

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 7:14 pm    Post subject: Holy crap

This is not good...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Canadian Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 7:21 pm    Post subject:

Absolutely no good in this! I've already heard reports that Israel suspects Hezbollah is trying to smuggle the two Israeli soldiers they have to Syria, which may prompt a military response against Syria, to which Iran has already come out and said that any attack against Syria is an attack against Islam and Iran will be forced to respond.

If this happens, the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq may pale in comparison. This may be the beginning of another world war.
MIMLaker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 7:21 pm    Post subject:

Ain't nothing holy about that...

Ohh boyyyy...

MIM
Phil
Retired

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 7:34 pm    Post subject:

PLATNUM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 11:04 pm    Post subject:

Just bomb the hell out of that whole area and start anew. America, F-Yeah!
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 11:15 pm    Post subject:

scary, scary stuff.
ToughKarl
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 2:07 am    Post subject:

Can we all just just along? In today civilized society why we still use a barbaric way of solving problems? *sigh*
angrypuppy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 6:13 am    Post subject:

The Lebanese can't control Hezbollah. Far from a shadowy terrorist organization, they are visible and run social infrastructure such as schools. They are also much better armed than the Lebanese...

The U.S. is pretty much alone in supporting Israel. I too really worry that this could further escalate.
pokoy

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 6:44 am    Post subject:

I don't think anyone's telling Israel not to defend themself, it's just, think about it a bit more, like puppy said. Bombing Lebanon is not going to all of a sudden give them the means to stop Hezbollah....

Someone's gonna have to step in there and say, "chill for a bit, let's figure things out."
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
lakerzpimp08
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 8:45 am    Post subject:

serisouly wats up with all this. its amazing that they still have these conflicts. the problem is that EVERYONE needs to step in and stop this like the u.n. and we as the u.s need to tell israel to chill out, cuz dang it, gas just hit a new high of over $79 a barrel.

"If we can hit that bull's-eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards... Checkmate!"

I'm the man with no name... Zapp Brannigan.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Reply with quote
mike_dee23
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 8:48 am    Post subject:

My first thought when I heard about this was that all the Christian fundamentalists are probably very happy about this... they think all out war in Israel means the second coming.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Reply with quote
Socks
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 9:07 am    Post subject:

I hate to bring up a selfish point when people over there are dying, but it makes me worried about the U.S. stepping into this too. Cuz if that happens, and we're involved in any sort of lengthy war, we're talking about the draft potentially coming back and I'm guessing most of the people on this board are of draft age. Personally I ain't trying to go fight for something that has absolutely nothing to do with me.
maddprophet
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 10:48 am    Post subject:

bush's foreign policy has really helped to destabilize the region. muslim countries know now is the time to take shots at isreal, while they are already fighting 2 fronts, because we are stretched so thin in iraq, and are already loosing control of afghanistan to the taliban.

we don't have the current capabilities to do much to help isreal, we can't handle iraq on our own presently, let alone afghanistan or any isreali conflict.

prior to this administration, things were under control to some extent in the middle east, especially isreal.

india has been hit by terrorist recently, we don't need them riled up, and looking at pakistan as a muslim nation to complain. they have been at eachothers throats for decades. both with nuclear capabilities.

this has far reaching consequences. it can spread further than we think.

and to top it off, n.korea is testing balistic missles.

yes mr. bush, the world is clearly a safer place since you came to office. but hell, at least they are trying to ban flag burning and gay marriage. good to know we have our priorities in order.
Thugnomoe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 10:53 am    Post subject:

is right...
LaLakers999
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 12:12 pm    Post subject:

muslims will back lebanon....

Americans will back the jewish.....

i dont know about you..... but.. this may be the start of the next religous war.... this time with WMD
angrypuppy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 12:30 pm    Post subject:

Lakers999 wrote:
muslims will back lebanon....

Americans will back the jewish.....

i dont know about you..... but.. this may be the start of the next religous war.... this time with WMD

Too early for WMD. Israel has it, but would have to be much more threatened before using them. As it stands, Syria doesn't have the military strength to counterattack to the point where they cross into Israel. So far the other Arab powers haven't backed Syria.

Iran doesn't have it yet, though you can bet they will use the invasion as a rallying point on why they need nuclear arms.
maddprophet
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 12:33 pm    Post subject:

can't spread democracy by the barrel of a gun. simply put. this region will not adopt the same governmental principles as we do. especially not by force.
LaLakers999
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 12:40 pm    Post subject:

maddprophet wrote:
can't spread democracy by the barrel of a gun. simply put. this region will not adopt the same governmental principles as we do. especially not by force.

democracy????? that went out the window when bush entered office... the middle east will see nothing but ethnic cleansing..... its a sad sad reality
Bergamotichek
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 12:53 pm    Post subject:

bye bye politics.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: