How would Mihm for Okur work out?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lionballer7
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 3:16 pm    Post subject: How would Mihm for Okur work out?

I've been wondering if Utah would do this. Utah's payroll is a high and their owner seems to want either Boozer's contract or Okur's.

Would Utah take a package of Mihm, Smush or Sasha or Cook, and Mckie for Okur?

Check out this line-up

Smush
Kobe
Odom
Okur
Kwame
w/Vlade as our 6th man
tgf5
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 3:20 pm    Post subject:

Another shooting big man? No thanks. Oh yeah, and his contract runs until 09/10 at 9 mill. a season.
magic_bryant
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 3:21 pm    Post subject:

They want rid of Boozer first and foremost. They like Okur.
Stephon Marbury on Kobe: "He's the only person on 'dis earth that can do 'dat. He guards people, like shuts 'em down. Then, to do 'dat on 'da offensive end. It's like 'Damn, I can't score on him AND he about to bust my ass."
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number Reply with quote
lionballer7
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 3:22 pm    Post subject:

tgf5 wrote:
Another shooting big man? No thanks.

Wow. Since whne is having a shooting Big man(6-11) who can get you 8-10 boards a game a bad proposition?
RocknRoll
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 3:23 pm    Post subject:

What is Boozer's contract?
lionballer7
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 3:24 pm    Post subject:

magic_bryant wrote:
They want rid of Boozer first and foremost. They like Okur.

MAybe they do maybe they don't want to get rid of Boozer. He finished real strong last season, and I think that made Utah management to think twice about trading Booze.
LakersPimp
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 3:27 pm    Post subject:

if kwame is ready to handle the post game...then thats a decent idea. But mihm has a solid post game...and he is basically the only laker big man who does...so he is a keeper. You need an anchor.
tgf5
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 3:32 pm    Post subject:

lionballer7 wrote:
tgf5 wrote:
Another shooting big man? No thanks.

Wow. Since whne is having a shooting Big man(6-11) who can get you 8-10 boards a game a bad proposition?

Quote:
Oh yeah, and his contract runs until 09/10 at 9 mill. a season.
topramen78
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 3:35 pm    Post subject:

Okur rules. But he's pricey and how would Utah benefit from this trade?

Jeezus guys. Use your brains!
insidepresence
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 4:35 pm    Post subject:

Why in the world would Utah trade a PF who averages 18/9/2/1 on 46% shooting and 34% from 3 for Chris Mihm and a bunch of throw ins?
magic_bryant
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 4:40 pm    Post subject:

insidepresence wrote:
Why in the world would Utah trade a PF who averages 18/9/2/1 on 46% shooting and 34% from 3 for Chris Mihm and a bunch of throw ins?

Because Lakers fans actually think Mihm has value.

Unfortunately, they and Kupchak are the only ones delusional enough to think that.

Mihm for Brevin Knight is as good as it could likely get.
Stephon Marbury on Kobe: "He's the only person on 'dis earth that can do 'dat. He guards people, like shuts 'em down. Then, to do 'dat on 'da offensive end. It's like 'Damn, I can't score on him AND he about to bust my ass."
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number Reply with quote
TEEGUNN
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 4:45 pm    Post subject:

I misread the thread title thinking it said this:

"How would Mihm for Okafur work out??"

But the actual thread title is only a little less crack-pipeish.

Jake Speed, 1986
tdp005
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 4:54 pm    Post subject:

magic_bryant wrote:
insidepresence wrote:

Unfortunately, they and Kupchak are the only ones delusional enough to think that.

see, now I thought that the OP is overvaluing him too, but for you to say that Mihm could only get you Brevin Knight is to completely undervalue him. He is a big with a reasonable contract. He would start for many teams, or get quality minutes as a backup for most others. He has a reasonable contract. I think if he leaves or the Lakers do a S&T, he'll get 6-7 million on the market, he makes ~4 mill now, right?
magic_bryant
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 5:04 pm    Post subject:

tdp005 wrote:
magic_bryant wrote:
insidepresence wrote:

see, now I thought that the OP is overvaluing him too, but for you to say that Mihm could only get you Brevin Knight is to completely undervalue him. He is a big with a reasonable contract. He would start for many teams, or get quality minutes as a backup for most others. He has a reasonable contract. I think if he leaves or the Lakers do a S&T, he'll get 6-7 million on the market, he makes ~4 mill now, right?

I thought that Mihm was more valuable, as well. However, he's being offered around and no takers.
xdragon8
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 5:07 pm    Post subject:

y cant we juss love mhim? his not that bad...he is a true center...his cheap...n we still can resign him nex year...

tsk tsk...people are never satisfied with what they already have...we have a nice core...the youngs r developing...n they all got 1 year of chemistry...they can only get better...give them a chance
magic_bryant
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 5:09 pm    Post subject:

xdragon8 wrote:
y cant we juss love mhim? his not that bad...he is a true center...his cheap...n we still can resign him nex year...

tsk tsk...people are never satisfied with what they already have...we have a nice core...the youngs r developing...n they all got 1 year of chemistry...they can only get better...give them a chance

Because, we have 3 Centers and no starting 2-way PF.
Aphex Twin
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 5:14 pm    Post subject:

TEEGUNN wrote:

If Charlotte offers Okafur for Mihm, you would have to be crazy not to consider shipping Mihm out. I think I would if Charlotte throws in a draft pick and we give them McKie.
magic_bryant
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 5:16 pm    Post subject:

Aphex Twin wrote:
TEEGUNN wrote:

If Charlotte offers Okafur for Mihm, you would have to be crazy not to consider shipping Mihm out. I think I would if Charlotte throws in a draft pick and we give them McKie.

LG at it's FINEST.
Gail Goodrich
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 5:19 pm    Post subject:

xdragon8 wrote:

I don't think its that people don't like mihms, its that we hae kwame and bynum already, why do we need mihms, and after next year mihm's contract is up, and I doubt he'll wanna stay.
bluestorm1990
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 5:45 pm    Post subject:

Gail Goodrich wrote:
xdragon8 wrote:

I don't think its that people don't like mihms, its that we hae kwame and bynum already, why do we need mihms, and after next year mihm's contract is up, and I doubt he'll wanna stay.
Maybe because Mihm actually proven himself while the other two have not. I could care less if Kwame played well for 2 months 4 months (mihm) > 2 months and 3 bad months (kwame ). I'm pretty sure if Kwame played bad again next year that people would change their minds and want to ship Kwame off instead. Hype and potential doesn't mean anything if you haven't shown it yet.
tdp005
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 6:19 pm    Post subject:

Gail Goodrich wrote:
xdragon8 wrote:

There is no "S" in the man's name. It's Mihm
EALakerFan@Alabama
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 6:22 pm    Post subject:

tdp005 wrote:
Gail Goodrich wrote:
xdragon8 wrote:

There is no "S" in the man's name. It's Mihm

leave Gail goodrich alone. hes a pimp that gets his, he could take all of yall in b-ball, you should show him some respect
Texas_Pete
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 6:24 pm    Post subject:

Okur is solid. Him for Mihm would be great. Okur is a former Pisston and played for Sloan -- so he would be a good pickup.
EALakerFan@Alabama
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 6:28 pm    Post subject:

ya like utah is gonna trade okur for mihm

mihm
PPG:10.2
RPG:6.3
APG:1
BPG:1.2

Okur
PPG:18
RPG:9.1
APG:2.4
BPG:0.9

I kinda doubt that trade
Money$hot!
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 6:47 pm    Post subject:

magic_bryant wrote:
Aphex Twin wrote:
TEEGUNN wrote:

LG at it's FINEST.

lol
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: