WOW great video with the referee Bias on Kobe
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stylistic Stylez
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 8:29 pm    Post subject: WOW great video with the referee Bias on Kobe

great video with the bias against kobe in the game in Cleveland just this past season and the commentators even questioning where the fouls have gone for kobe. its an awesome editing job to whoever did it. Wutcha'll think?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6SpBM8dB4k&search=kobe%20and%20lebron

Why can't America realize that falling in love with Kobe doesn't mean breaking up with Michael
lakeshow03
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 8:44 pm    Post subject:

great video,although now im not in a good mood anymore.

damn you refs 8)
Raptor2k
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 8:44 pm    Post subject:

This was brought up a lot after the Heat went up 3-2 in the finals.
Stylistic Stylez
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 8:46 pm    Post subject:

lakeshow03 wrote:

damn you refs 8)

lol seriously. but nothing better for a bad mood than spreading it. LOL

Why can't America realize that falling in love with Kobe doesn't mean breaking up with Michael
eniq 0x00
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 8:53 pm    Post subject:

Kobe had a great game and then they started letting him getting hacked. How (bleep) lame. If you can't compete with him, let the defenders step out of the rules.

^^ Farmar

lamar7odom
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 8:55 pm    Post subject:

but wade will get every little touch called for him when he drives down the lane..........
bluestorm1990
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 8:59 pm    Post subject:

To this day i'm still pissed off about that game. Never have I seen such bias towards any player . The man got mugged at least 3 times in that game with no call . I hope at least 6 of them lose their job .
eniq 0x00
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 9:00 pm    Post subject:

lamar7odom wrote:
but wade will get every little touch called for him when he drives down the lane..........

Yeah, that was terrible. I wish we had an enforcer. We need someone to put the hurt on the guys who are getting too physical with Kobe.

^^ Farmar

totoro714
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 9:06 pm    Post subject:

refs were paid off
OdomX2
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 9:08 pm    Post subject:

bluestorm1990 wrote:
To this day i'm still pissed off about that game. Never have I seen such bias towards any player . The man got mugged at least 3 times in that game with no call . I hope at least 6 of them lose their job .

Lose their job? They got raises. Stern is as dirty as a baby's diaper. Anyone that saw the finals knows that the NBA is a sham.
Kobe-Wan Kenobi
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 9:10 pm    Post subject:

This game right here did it for me... Before this game, I was never sure if the NBA was set-up to a certain degree, had my doubts of it, but this put it in perspective for me, and then without this game, I would of definitely realized it in the finals this year.
AboveTheRim
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 9:11 pm    Post subject:

"It's the NBA mike, they're going to make you win the game."

I find that quote from one of the commentators hilarious because it doesn't seem to apply to Mr. Wade in the final seconds of one of the Dallas games which led to 2 free throws and the win.
Raptor2k
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 9:17 pm    Post subject:

Final seconds? Don't you mean games 3 to 6?
AboveTheRim
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 9:24 pm    Post subject:

Boogieman2k5 wrote:

yes..I just keep remembering the touch foul Dirk got called for when wade was on the perimeter with under 5 seconds left in one of those games.
OdomX2
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 9:45 pm    Post subject:

AboveTheRim wrote:
Boogieman2k5 wrote:

yes..I just keep remembering the touch foul Dirk got called for when wade was on the perimeter with under 5 seconds left in one of those games.

19 FT attempts average for the series. I honestly can't believe that the media hasn't taken a hold of this and demanded an explanation. 19 FT attempts a game....FOR ONE FREAKING FLOPPER IN THE FINALS???!!!!! In the entire history of the NBA, NO ONE has taken more...BTW Kobe averaged 4 FT attempts per game against Detroit in 2003. 19???????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
vkewalra
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 9:50 pm    Post subject:

That game made me sick to my stomach, it was one of many this season that made me say that I refuse to watch the NBA, but damnit I keep watching and they keep making me say that. I do remember when that video was posted on here shortly after the game plenty of "rational" Laker fans were going off about how the team choked.

I'm going to stand by my opinion that the refs can totally destroy a team, change how they play the game, and completely influence the outcome of the game by a few well placed non-calls and ignorance of obvious fouls/violations. Just watch how players have to defend Wade for fear of getting called for breathing on him or being run into by him. The same thing goes when they allow players to get away with hitting Kobe and not getting fouls, they'll just keep taking it further, while he becomes more hesitant to go to the basket for fear of his own safety.

I wish I found some of the other pro sports more interesting, maybe I could watch less of this once great game now turned into manure by the NBA refs and their bosses. That said, it's the offseason and we can always hope they'll all be fired before next season starts.
AJLakerFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 9:58 pm    Post subject:

eniq 0x00 wrote:
lamar7odom wrote:

Yeah, that was terrible. I wish we had an enforcer. We need someone to put the hurt on the guys who are getting too physical with Kobe.
That is the one thing that I don't like about Mitch Kupchak, his lack of getting players who are physical (enforcers). Every team with superstar players like Kobe or whoever need them. If you hit our star, we are going to hit your star even harder, but not trying to hurt anyone, just sending a message. Kupchak love getting soft players who don't put fear in you when you play against them. I would have loved to see Artest in purple and gold, even though I think he's a nut job, but he not going to let things like hitting one of your star players slide. Look at Jerry Stackhouse and Shaq, Stackhouse got popped a couple of times in the nose and mouth in Game one of the finals. He didn't get even during that game, he waited until the third game to retaliate (get revenge) with a hard foul that would have made any football linebacker proud. Could you see someone on the Lakers other than Kobe getting even? I don't think so.
AJLakerFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 10:23 pm    Post subject:

lamar7odom wrote:
This is something that I discuss with so called Miami Heat fans. I just witnessed Dwayne Wade getting elevated to Michael Jordanesque status. No, not with talent on the court, but getting the benefit of every call and phantom calls! If Kobe Bryant did the same exact play that Dwayne got away with in game five, do you think that Kobe would have got that call? Let me answer that for you. HELL TO THE NAW!! We saw that at the end of game one against Phoenix that he wouldn't get that call in kind of a similar situation. The refs stuck the whistle up their butts on that one. I believe it's because Kobe is not the POSTERBOY of the NBA anymore because of what went down in Eagle County, and he also have a WHOLE bunch of HATERS who blame him for everything. The Leauge has been trying to pass the torch to someone since MJ retired. They want to give it to Lebron but his team is just ok, They want to give it to Carmelo but he can't keep weed out of his cars, so we'll elevate Dwayne Wade to this status. Everybody like him, he a great player who team is in the finals, he's marketable. We need to pass this here ole torch to someone.
Free_Kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 10:54 pm    Post subject:

lakeshow03 wrote:

damn you refs 8)

Yeah!!!
I was in such a good mood!!!
DAMN!...
Great Video though...
one of the most frustrating things i've ever seen as a Laker Fan...Like watching a bully getting away with bullying your children...

the great/worst part was that the Hubie Brown and Mike Breen (i believe who it was) were commenting on it the whole time... like they were in shock!
Thugnomoe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 11:15 pm    Post subject:

its more like: Damn you Stern!
LakeShowTime
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 11:28 pm    Post subject:

Free_Kobe wrote:
lakeshow03 wrote:

damn you refs 8)

Yeah!!!
I was in such a good mood!!!
DAMN!...
Great Video though...
one of the most frustrating things i've ever seen as a Laker Fan...Like watching a bully getting away with bullying your children...

the great/worst part was that the Hubie Brown and Mike Breen (i believe who it was) were commenting on it the whole time... like they were in shock!

I kept paying attention to Hubie and Mike too...well the first time around I just wathced the video and nearly punched my monitor out of anger...but the second time around I was amused at their reactions...I'm not much of a conspiracy talker but at times (A LOT) officiating is beyond ridiculous...and how does a guy named Flip get more respect than the greatest player in the game?! Kobe gets a clean strip and Flip trips on his size 8 shoe and he gets the game winning foul call...on the other hand Kobe nearly gets his head taken off and gets called for a phantom technical...sometimes I wonder what David Stearn thinks about when watching the games...oh I know..."Hmm...I wonder which two teams I wanna put in the Finals this year...Lakers and Heat? Nooo...too obvious...Spurs and Pistons? Nooo...too boring...by George I've got it...Heat and Mavericks...hell both buildings are sponsored by American Airlines...let's do it! Oh and I got it...DWYANE Wade for MVP...but someone should really tell him to fix the spelling of his first name...did he get a degree over at Marquette or not? Ohh who cares...I digress"
B_Rabbit1212
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 11:43 pm    Post subject:

KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 12:42 am    Post subject:

Nicely put together. Now I know why Cuban does what he does. It is evedent that Kobe has to battles the double the triple teams he also has to battle the refs too. Some straoight up bullS!!!.!!! Rmemebr that game like the palm of my hand too. So happen to be in Vegas with a couple of my Laker buddies. Sucks. Funny how Cleveland knew they had the refs blowing the wistle on their side. Some of those massacre hacks on Kobe they knew they fould him with their facial expressions. Well what is done is done. Hopefully these busters hater refs will call at least a more fair game for us next season.
Endure 12
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 1:25 am    Post subject:

*cough*WCF2002 Game 6*cough*

We had our turn, yes it sucks and it's wrong but this is how the NBA works unfortunatly.
Luke
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 2:35 am    Post subject:

Endure 12 wrote:
*cough*WCF2002 Game 6*cough*

We had our turn, yes it sucks and it's wrong but this is how the NBA works unfortunatly.

Did you forget game 5 ?
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3
Jump to: