Lakers interested in Juwan Howard

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lakerhi
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 12:01 pm    Post subject: Lakers interested in Juwan Howard

From the ESPN message board.

Despite the uncertainty at the point guard position, word is the Lakers have made inquiries around the league looking for another forward. Unfortunately, a young talented prospect like David West would be unavailable for the bait the Lakers are willing to offer. If the team is indeed serious about a forward, they may have more success going after a veteran like Juwan Howard.

The Laker bait would appear to include Chris Mihm, Aaron McKie and Von Wafer (as filler). With the current roster duplication, Brian Cook and Sasha Vujacic may also be available. In the right package, could the Lakers even move Smush Parker?
insidepresence
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 12:04 pm    Post subject:

Thats straight from Eric's article...read the sticky and see what I mean
ShowtimeDynasty_24/7
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 12:06 pm    Post subject:

read the sticky, someone is just repeating Emplay......
AirKobe8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 12:14 pm    Post subject:

I doubt theyre shoping Sasha and Smush.

Only Mihm, Cook and McKie I believe.
drew4lakers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 12:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Lakers interested in Juwan Howard

lakerhi wrote:
From the ESPN message board.

Despite the uncertainty at the point guard position, word is the Lakers have made inquiries around the league looking for another forward. Unfortunately, a young talented prospect like David West would be unavailable for the bait the Lakers are willing to offer. If the team is indeed serious about a forward, they may have more success going after a veteran like Juwan Howard.

The Laker bait would appear to include Chris Mihm, Aaron McKie and Von Wafer (as filler). With the current roster duplication, Brian Cook and Sasha Vujacic may also be available. In the right package, could the Lakers even move Smush Parker?

If you keep an eye out for the Laker Reports sticked here on Lakersground that are written by Emplay you'll get your info a lot quicker and purer than the ESPN message boards. Emplay's reports are always a great read and snapshot of where the Lakers are at.
LakeShowTime
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 12:30 pm    Post subject:

I think the title "Lakers interested in Juwan Howard" is a bit misleading...I think emplay was just making a great suggestion as to who the lakers could actually get via trade...but no doubt I would love to have the guy on the squad...is it me or is he absolutely automatic from within 17 feet everytime he plays the lakers? Mihm, McKie, Wafer for Howard and a 2nd Round Pick...
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 12:34 pm    Post subject:

If we could do Mihm/Mckie/Wafer for Howard, that would be a real coup. Open up a spot for Pinnock. Doubt the Rockets would do it.
LakerJam
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 12:34 pm    Post subject:

LakeShowTime wrote:
I think the title "Lakers interested in Juwan Howard" is a bit misleading...I think emplay was just making a great suggestion as to who the lakers could actually get via trade...but no doubt I would love to have the guy on the squad...is it me or is he absolutely automatic from within 17 feet everytime he plays the lakers? Mihm, McKie, Wafer for Howard and a 2nd Round Pick...

You're right. Eric was just speculating in what we could acquire with Mihm as trade bait.
RetroNikes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 1:09 pm    Post subject:

From the ESPN message board

Thats your problem there. Never goto ESPN message boards.
karlmalonefan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 1:10 pm    Post subject:

And that's how trade rumors get started. Someone starts speculating, and suddenly it's all over the net as fact. :roll:
oldschool32
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 1:16 pm    Post subject:

Thats just someones speculation. The Lakers aren't interested in taking on old man Howard and his pricey contract. I don't think management has fallen so far as to put the rope around their own neck. We all know David West isn't coming here. If we were desperately trying to get someone there would be rumors about Wilcox, Gooden etc.
PrplReign
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 1:16 pm    Post subject:

Juwan Howard? LMFAO!!!! He didn't even get starter minutes in Houston. You know, the team in our conference that did not even make the playoffs. He is a horrible rebounder and a marginal NBA talent at this stage of his career.
Money$hot!
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 1:21 pm    Post subject:

That's a lot of new hottness to be shopping for old and busted Juwan. At this point he's just another shooting 6"9' 240lb PF (11.4 ppg/6.7rpg). Sounds kind of like Vlad (kinda). D. West would've been more interesting. Something else has to be cooking.
TACH
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 1:22 pm    Post subject:

PrplReign wrote:
Juwan Howard? LMFAO!!!! He didn't even get starter minutes in Houston. You know, the team in our conference that did not even make the playoffs. He is a horrible rebounder and a marginal NBA talent at this stage of his career.

He started 80 out 82 games, averaging 32 minutes a night? What are you talking about????? :roll:

And his numbers were better than Kwame's (obviously Kwame has more upside).
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Mailman04
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 1:25 pm    Post subject:

I love how Eric writes something and that same day or next several run around acting as if they just discovered this new trade. The person who posted this on ESPN board will probably be one of the first to be critical of Emplay if it doesn't come true even though he didn't say it would or was anywhere near a done deal.
Muad'Dib
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 1:25 pm    Post subject:

emplay's got it twisted...Mitch was calling about Juwanna Mann.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: