Misan Nikagbatse

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Trade and Free Agency Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
supermegamen
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 8:52 am    Post subject: Misan Nikagbatse

Some guys might still remember him. The "german doberman" who once dunked on Yao at the World Championships in 2003 or so...

A colleague of mine did an interview with him a few days ago and asked him some questions regarding the NBA. Misan said he plans to compete in summer league and do a couple of workouts for NBA teams after the next season. He also talked about how he had a draft promise from the Atlanta Hawks, who ultimately decided to sell their second round pick to the San Antonio Spurs though and so he went undrafted. He also said that the Lakers were very interested in him.

Don't look for him to compete for Germany in the upcoming world championships though. He requested a timeout from the national team this year.

Maybe the Lakers will add him to their summer league team next year. Jordan Farmar might be the only point guard on our roster after next season so we could definitely use another big, athletic, defending point guard.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ICQ Number Reply with quote
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 9:02 am    Post subject:

Wouldn't mind that at all.

https://lakersdraft.substack.com/

I am not an economic advisor nor do I advise economic strategies or plans.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 11:00 am    Post subject:

mike can i trouble you for a description of this lad?
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 12:59 pm    Post subject:

da ocho wrote:
mike can i trouble you for a description of this lad?

SG in a tweener body. Sky and I were high on him because he's an elite level athlete, quick first step, good speed, explosive vert, strong, good defender. Shot creator.

Really needs to develop PG skills. Seeks his own shot.

6'4". 6'10" wingspan. Not a polished shooter.

Think DeJuan Wagner if he made something of himself.

http://www.fibaeurope.com/eurobasket2005/en/cid_SbGnUV12IgwUcAUu7UmfU1.teamID_288.compID_qMRZdYCZI6EoANOrUf9le2.season_2005.roundID_3769.playerID_32686.html

Quote:
The German Allen Iverson. He is a combo-guard, scorer first, passer second, with great talent, capable of crossovers and crazy body fakes. Very flashy. He’s not very convincing when he has to run the team, too selfish. He’s more of a spark from the bench, an explosive finisher that can also create his own shot. He’s a very good defender also, with quick hands and a solid body. Nikagbatse’s best performance with the NT was in fact his first, in 2002. Since then his NT career has been in gradual decline. In 2000, he was the best scorer (27,8) of the Under-18 tournament in Mannheim and several NBA scouts were very interested in him at the time, but he has not yet achieved his full potential. Son of a Nigerian father and a Swedish and Finnish mother.

https://lakersdraft.substack.com/

I am not an economic advisor nor do I advise economic strategies or plans.
supermegamen
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 1:42 am    Post subject:

Great thing about Misan is that he can defend every position from Point Guard to Small Forward. He did a great job against Hedo Turkoglu when Germany played Turkey at the EC 2005. He also got the start but played just eight minutes (German coach kind of likes to rely on his veterans, even though most of them suck IMO)...

Let's see if he can make the league. His game is better suited for the NBA in my opinion...

One more draft profile:

http://www.nbadraft.net/profiles/misannikagbatse.htm
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ICQ Number Reply with quote
Polish_Bastard
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 3:40 am    Post subject:

I've seen him play a few times, didn't seem too special. Not a point guard and not that crazy athletic as people think. Not much of a shooter. I don't think he's good enough for the NBA.
supermegamen
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 7:10 am    Post subject:

^ I agree, except for the athletic part. Misan's pretty good athlete, pretty similiar to Smush Parker in my opinion. Did you see his dunk on Yao Ming. Now that's what I call explosiveness! He's better when facing a man-to-man defense since he's not a very good shooter. That's why I think his game is better suited for the NBA, since most teams in europe play zone.

I don't really think he's good enough to play in the NBA, but then again look at guys like Royal Ivy or Kevin Ollie. So as an outstanding defensive player he might have a shot at making the league.
angel
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 7:35 pm    Post subject:

He's the kind of player teams sometimes draft late in the second round with hopes that he eventually develops a better jump shot.
LakersMD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 9:38 am    Post subject:

Sweet, another Nikagbatse thread! I thought they were extinct.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Trade and Free Agency Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: