Should I make this trade in my nfl fantasy league?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
KB08
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 11:00 pm    Post subject: Should I make this trade in my nfl fantasy league?

I'd get Marvin Harrison & Jeremy Shockey for Chad Johnson & TE Alex Smith.

I don't know if I should accept it but my best TE is Jerramy Stevens so the trade wouldn't be bad and I think that Marvin can be as good as Johnson because Palmer may be out at the beginning of the season and Marvin has Peyton....

So what do you guys think?
GOAT - #24 Kobe Bryant
joshman445
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 11:23 pm    Post subject:

idk thats a tough one, but i think i might do it, just because marvin should have a good season like he always does, and jeremy shockey is definately better than alex smith or jerramy stevens, but chad johnson is a beast, but i would probably do it.
KB08
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 11:28 pm    Post subject:

joshman445 wrote:
idk thats a tough one, but i think i might do it, just because marvin should have a good season like he always does, and jeremy shockey is definately better than alex smith or jerramy stevens, but chad johnson is a beast, but i would probably do it.

that's also the problem that I have. but my 2nd wr is randy moss. I still don't know if I should do it but as I said before Palmer might be injured at the beginning of the season and marvin has peyton...
GOAT - #24 Kobe Bryant
STiG909
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 4:04 am    Post subject:

If I were you I'd try to offer him Moss and Smith for Harrison and Shockey, he'd be a fool to accept it. Nobody knows what kind of season Moss will have next year with a new coach, new QB, new offensive line, almost new everything. Like you said, Harrison still has Payton, you know he's going to put up numbers next year no matter what, so will Chad Johnson(Chad might even lead the league next year in yards or TD's, he's on the rise).

It could all blow up in your face though. For all we know, Moss could end up catching 18 TD's next season, but I doubt it. I'm an optimistic Raider fan, but I just don't think Moss will ever return to the brilliant form he once was in as a Viking.

Your goal here is to upgrade your TE spot, you don't have to go right after one of the best in the game. Every year there's a TE that nobody's ever heard of who produces pro-bowl numbers. Check up on the week 1 and week 2 scores in the NFL, pay close attention to the teams who have no star recievers and pay attention to teams with new QB's. Stevens could be a sleeper aswell. Nobody on Seattle jumps out to me as a redzone scoring threat, so you might want to hang on to Stevens after all.

I hope I didn't make the decision harder lol.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 5:34 am    Post subject:

I am a Giants fan so I am going with Shockey and Eli Manning at my QB and TE. I'd do it!

I should also say I came in first in my fantasy team last year, but lost the championship game when none of my receivers did anything worthwhile.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
KB08
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 8:14 am    Post subject:

STiG909 wrote:
If I were you I'd try to offer him Moss and Smith for Harrison and Shockey, he'd be a fool to accept it. Nobody knows what kind of season Moss will have next year with a new coach, new QB, new offensive line, almost new everything. Like you said, Harrison still has Payton, you know he's going to put up numbers next year no matter what, so will Chad Johnson(Chad might even lead the league next year in yards or TD's, he's on the rise).

It could all blow up in your face though. For all we know, Moss could end up catching 18 TD's next season, but I doubt it. I'm an optimistic Raider fan, but I just don't think Moss will ever return to the brilliant form he once was in as a Viking.

Your goal here is to upgrade your TE spot, you don't have to go right after one of the best in the game. Every year there's a TE that nobody's ever heard of who produces pro-bowl numbers. Check up on the week 1 and week 2 scores in the NFL, pay close attention to the teams who have no star recievers and pay attention to teams with new QB's. Stevens could be a sleeper aswell. Nobody on Seattle jumps out to me as a redzone scoring threat, so you might want to hang on to Stevens after all.

I hope I didn't make the decision harder lol.

ok, you didn't make my decision easier...I'm huge Moss fan myself and I think with Brooks & Shell, he'll have a better season...last year he had a bad season and still got 8 tds (johnson had 9)...I think I gotta think about it...and I still don't know if Palmer will be ready for the start of the season...
GOAT - #24 Kobe Bryant
PNWlakers
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 8:53 am    Post subject:

it depends on how your league is based on scoring...

do you get points for rec.?

personally i would do that trade cuz i love shockey and eli threw to him a bunch...and without edge payton will have to throw a ton...

with that said....

chad J is awsome but like u said with carson out for the start of the season it might be tough

AHHHH I LOVE FOOTBALL SEASON
effalllakerhaters
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 8:54 am    Post subject:

hell no do i do that trade. shockey is highly overrated. has he played a full season yet? he's always injured. i'd look at another TE and keep chad over moss.
Big Game James
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 9:05 am    Post subject:

Do it!

Without even thinking... do it.
Socks
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 9:07 am    Post subject:

Yeah, I say do it. What is Alex Smith gonna really do next season anyway?
joshman445
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 12:22 pm    Post subject:

i think carson palmer will be healthy for the beginning of the season, but i would still do it. so you will have marvin randy and jeremey instead of chad randy and stevens, i would rather have marvin randy and jeremey. so i would do it.
dcarter4kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 1:07 pm    Post subject:

I would do that in a second
Tark the Shark
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 6:17 pm    Post subject:

Shockey is still the better tight end and will probably catch more TD than Smith. I like Johnson better than Harrison now but like others have said Palmer might now be ready. Also, Edge is gone so the Colts don't really have a battle tested running back. It might mean that the Colts will have to throw more. I'd accept the trade.
KB08
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 10:43 pm    Post subject:

and what about Joey Galloway for T.J. Houshmandzadeh? I'd get Galloway. I don't know if I should accept it because Joey is old and I don't know if he'll play the next season as good as the last one....
GOAT - #24 Kobe Bryant
lakers0505
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 11:00 pm    Post subject:

Palmar is one the mark too start week 1, out of what ive heard, so u wont get a benifit their . But Chad for Marvin is a trade off IMO, your benifiting in this deal clearly i think, u end up with an elite WR and elite TE.
LakersSpirit
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 8:17 pm    Post subject:

That would be a done deal, for me... Shockey is coming on strong, and Marvin is just a steady performer.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: