Soccer anyone?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
BoredTiger
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 8:57 am    Post subject: Soccer anyone?

WOW, it's been SO long since I last posted

With the summer transactions coming and going, I am curious how the LAKERS will look when the season begins.

But in the meantime, I am excited about the English Premier League (football league - or soccer to the american public).

The reason I post this here is because I haven't been reading or posting on LG.net for awhile and was wondering if anyone watched the WORLD CUP 2006 and watched any of the NIKE - JOGA BONITA commercials

In the one commercial "CHAIN" where they keep passing the ball from person to person, one of them is KOBE BRYANT he juggles the ball and boots it off screen to the next person.

Just thought I'd put that out there for my fellow Lakers fans

I've always read that Kobe played a lot of soccer in Italy, but that was the first time I saw Kobe with a ball at/on his feet
Canadian Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 5:00 pm    Post subject:

Yup, there was a good little World Cup thread going.....which spawned a Zidane headbutt thread after the final!

I can't wait for the season to start either. It's gonna be tough to dethrone Chelsea again this year but I think my boys from Manchester United will get the job done!
TheRod
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 5:06 pm    Post subject:

Canadian Laker wrote:
Yup, there was a good little World Cup thread going.....which spawned a Zidane headbutt thread after the final!

I can't wait for the season to start either. It's gonna be tough to dethrone Chelsea again this year but I think my boys from Manchester United will get the job done!

It's all about Arsenal for me. My aunt lives about two stations down from the stadium....well...it should be two, but you have to change lines.

What station do you guy's watch it on? I'm thinking about upgrading my cable.
BoredTiger
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 7:46 pm    Post subject:

Canadian Laker wrote:

AH YES!!!

Another MAN U fan!!! Glory Glory United!

hahaha

Aside from Van Nistelrooy being shuttled off to Real Madrid, I'm excited for this season.

I'm really beginning to despite C. Ronaldo and his antics. A bit ironic though that C. Ronaldo wanted to go to Real Madrid as well, where he's the bane of Nistelrooy's existence.

Nistelrooy with Beckham is the sweetest combination. I'm excited for Real Madrid if they secure Ruud, but I am definitely sad that Fergie would shuttle off another great player (e.g. Stam, Beckham, Keane, RVN, etc...)

Whatever...I want the new season to start!!! August 20 can't be sooner.

Also, did you know that the CHELSEA squad will be in Santa Monica this Sunday, doing signings at the ADIDAS store? Everyone is supposed to be there. All 24 players. Should be interesting.

I'm trying to get John Terry's autograph
TheRod
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 10:02 pm    Post subject:

Checked out EPL yesterday. ManU and Chelsea both looked solid as ususal. Arsenal did ok on Saturday. I'm hearing Ashley Cole to Chelsea is close.....would make Chelsea even more deadly.
Billy_Blanko
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 12:48 am    Post subject:

TheRod wrote:
Checked out EPL yesterday. ManU and Chelsea both looked solid as ususal. Arsenal did ok on Saturday. I'm hearing Ashley Cole to Chelsea is close.....would make Chelsea even more deadly.

Cashley ain't that good. Better than what they have though (i.e. Wayne Bridge and co.). Arsenal must be dumb as hell to sell to a rival, but money talks and they have debts to service with the new stadium I guess.
he_is_the_one
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 2:35 am    Post subject:

Way hay, the English Premier League!!

English and proud!!!

Unfortunately for me I supported a team in the Coca Cola Championship aka Division 1. Come on Crystal Palace!!! Although I hardly watch soccer.
Canadian Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 3:25 pm    Post subject:

TheRod wrote:

Yeah, Cole to Chelsea is apparently close but I'm hoping that Chelsea catches Real Madrid-itis and it's all-star cast amounts to no more trophies.

I'm hoping that Canadian-born Owen Hargreaves gets his wish and is transferred to Man U. He was solid in the World Cup.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 4:47 pm    Post subject:

What is this soccer thing? And why do only the goalies realize that they have hands?

JK
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: