Harrassing Phone Calls(Updated August 16th..CASE CLOSED!!)
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
LakerFanAlways
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 6:22 pm    Post subject: Harrassing Phone Calls(Updated August 16th..CASE CLOSED!!)

Hi everyone!
For the past few months off and on, my house has been getting harrassing phone calls from somebody who always meows when we pick up the phone..at first we thought it was a kid..we'd yell at her/him and then it would stop, then it would start again..I star 69'd to find out who it was but it was a call block number so I couldn't find out who it was..then before yesterday at 3am it started again..for an hour non stop calling..we even put the phone off the hook for a half an hour and then when we plugged it back in it started again..then it stopped..just now a few minutes ago it started up again..and not only do they know my Mom's name which is weird cause she is not listed in any phone book but they know my name too..so it has to be either someone we know..question is, how can we find out who this person is that they can be reported..call the police? I want this a ( a t ) ( a t ) hole to pay for all this nonsense..I would definately file charges if I knew who this jerk was who has no life..

Last edited by LakerFanAlways on Wed Aug 16, 2006 2:17 pm; edited 2 times in total
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Reply with quote
uberzev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 6:23 pm    Post subject:

They meow your name?

Anyway look here...

http://www.google.com/search?num=100&hl=en&lr=&safe=off&q=harassing+phone+calls&btnG=Search
LakerFanAlways
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 6:32 pm    Post subject:

Nope, they dont meow my name, they just meow..it sounds like kids..but the phone call that I got about 10 minutes ago sounded so legit..one person came on the phone, asked for my Mom, I said she wasn't here and she said "I was calling to confirm her facial for tomorrow" and I thought it was legit cause I wasn't sure if my Mom had made an appointment and forgot so the person said "is this her daughter" and said my Mom and I said "yes" and she said..her appointment is tomorrow at 2am" and I said "What kind of appointment is at 2am" and then she said to hold on and then the meowing idiot came on the phone so I knew the phone call was BS then she said in a stupid voice what they would do to my Mom on the examing chair so then I cussed them out and they hung up..unbelievable! and I Really wish I knew who it was I would SO kick their ass!!
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Reply with quote
safari_in_cali
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 6:44 pm    Post subject:

Call your phone company and tell them about your problem. They can probably check the logs and see who was calling you if you tell them the exact time of the call. They can either block their phone number from ever calling you again or disconnect their phone for abuse. I am sure they have the means to prevent this sort of stuff and punish that individual.
LakerFanAlways
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 6:52 pm    Post subject:

Just called SPC and they said that they cannot tell me who called because they were not phone tracking the calls..what we have to do is tomorrow is go to the police department, file a report, then call the phone company's harrassment line and they can put a phone trace on it..then we can find out who the bastard is
jamas33
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 7:07 pm    Post subject:

LakerFanAlways wrote:
Just called SPC and they said that they cannot tell me who called because they were not phone tracking the calls..what we have to do is tomorrow is go to the police department, file a report, then call the phone company's harrassment line and they can put a phone trace on it..then we can find out who the (bleep) is

MEOW!!!
LakerFanAlways
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 7:20 pm    Post subject:

jamas33 wrote:
LakerFanAlways wrote:
Just called SPC and they said that they cannot tell me who called because they were not phone tracking the calls..what we have to do is tomorrow is go to the police department, file a report, then call the phone company's harrassment line and they can put a phone trace on it..then we can find out who the (bleep) is

MEOW!!!

So it was U
SweetP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 7:39 pm    Post subject:

Several years ago we had a problem with repeated calls at like 2 and 3 a.m. that were FAX machines trying to call us over and over again because of auto redial if no connect (we didn't have a FAX, so it never was able to connect). I called the phone company (wasn't SBC tho') and they were able to put what they called I think "a trap" on our line and they were able to identify where the calls were coming from. The phone company contacted the offending parties and let them know there was a problem. The incoming FAX calls at 3 a.m. stopped. Turns out it was overseas companies who had our number incorrectly as a vendor of something they were trying to order.

It's not something the phone company can do retroactively for the past calls but if they can put the trap on your line and monitor for a few days or weeks and you let them know the time and date of any more meow calls, they should be able to ID the caller number and let either you or the cops know I would think...
Lakers_2000
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 7:46 pm    Post subject:

There should be a Call Reveal or Call Block option that allows you to block private phone numbers from calling you.
LakerFanAlways
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 9:03 pm    Post subject:

I am gonna ask the phone company about the call trap..I wasn't aware of that..when I called them I asked them about tracing whoever had just called and they couldn't do that..if they can do a trap and find out who is calling great..but if not, we are gonna be filing a police report tomorrow and then they can put a trace on the phone..I really wanna know who the jerk is who is calling so that we can nail their ass to the wall
Lakers4Life33
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 10:05 pm    Post subject:

uberzev wrote:
They meow your name?

Anyway look here...

http://www.google.com/search?num=100&hl=en&lr=&safe=off&q=harassing+phone+calls&btnG=Search

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA

THATS ABOUT THE FUNNIEST THING IVE HEARD ALL DAY
brutella
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 10:31 pm    Post subject:

LakerFanAlways wrote:
I am gonna ask the phone company about the call trap..I wasn't aware of that..when I called them I asked them about tracing whoever had just called and they couldn't do that..if they can do a trap and find out who is calling great..but if not, we are gonna be filing a police report tomorrow and then they can put a trace on the phone..I really wanna know who the jerk is who is calling so that we can nail their ass to the wall

Don't mean to scare you or anything, but you probably should file a report ASAP, lotta weirdos these days. Hopefully its like some random radio station pulling a prank on you and not some weirdos random picking out victims to harrass. Maybe I been watching too much horror movies
LakerFanAlways
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 11:21 pm    Post subject:

casH wrote:
LakerFanAlways wrote:

Don't mean to scare you or anything, but you probably should file a report ASAP, lotta weirdos these days. Hopefully its like some random radio station pulling a prank on you and not some weirdos random picking out victims to harrass. Maybe I been watching too much horror movies

Yeah thats why we are gonna file a report that way the phone company can find out exactly who it is even though their number is blocked..its the phone company, they can find out anything..even though we can get caller ID so that people would have to reveal their numbers to us..I still really wanna know who this a @ @ hole is who is bothering us and we would definately file harrassment charges since its been a few months off and on..we hadn't heard from this person(people) in about a month and then bam..starts up again..too many freaks in this world..getting outta hand
LakerFanAlways
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 11:21 pm    Post subject:

its sites like Zabasearch.com that cause weirdos to be able to find out anything about anyone..just stick in a phone number and u got the persons name and address..its crazy
ArrOhBee
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 1:06 am    Post subject:

damn that sucks
smokestack
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 5:51 am    Post subject:

that really sucks...be careful!

i would be so flaming mad, that i totally suggest have a foghorn/whistle ready, and when they call again, give them a small pause and blast the thing into the receiver.

that might deter them.
Flight
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 6:07 am    Post subject:

Maybe they keep calling because they get a rise out of you. Next time, pick up, and start meowing back. I did this once. The person realized that his calls stopped affecting me, and the calls just stopped. Maybe I got lucky. But try it and see what happens.
Kobe>Lebron
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 9:12 am    Post subject:

LakerFanAlways wrote:
Nope, they dont meow my name, they just meow..it sounds like kids..but the phone call that I got about 10 minutes ago sounded so legit..one person came on the phone, asked for my Mom, I said she wasn't here and she said "I was calling to confirm her facial for tomorrow" and I thought it was legit cause I wasn't sure if my Mom had made an appointment and forgot so the person said "is this her daughter" and said my Mom and I said "yes" and she said..her appointment is tomorrow at 2am" and I said "What kind of appointment is at 2am" and then she said to hold on and then the meowing idiot came on the phone so I knew the phone call was BS then she said in a stupid voice what they would do to my Mom on the examing chair so then I cussed them out and they hung up..unbelievable! and I Really wish I knew who it was I would SO kick their ass!!

Did they say vulgar things about what they would do to you mom in the chair?
If so that is definitely grounds for police involvment. If you just want to get rid of them, try to scare them.Wait till they call and say before they hang up: " I have filed a police report and my phone company has put a trap on your phone. We will be filing charges for harrassment." If it is some young punks that usually scares them from calling you again. But if you want to nail them then wait until you get that number from your phone company.
ShadyG
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 10:46 am    Post subject:

Easiest thing to do is get caller ID and set it up to reject all incoming calls that have caller ID blocked. Generally, the system will even report to the caller how to disable blocking when they call back, so legitimate calls can get through. They just have to tell you who's calling. And on your end, you can either not answer or even have the phone not ring for a list of unwanted callers.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
LakerFanAlways
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 10:55 am    Post subject:

Yeah we are gonna get caller ID..but after we find out who the bastard is who is doing this..that way we can nail them to the wall..if they are over 18 we can file harrassment charges against them..not sure if they are kids or not..I mean what kind of adult would have fun doing that..as far as what they said about my Mom, right when they mentioned pulling down her pants I said "You son of a (bleep)" and then they started laughing and hung up..I am thinking they are doing this randomly because if they really knew me or my Mom they wouldn't have to ask if I was there, they would know my voice..either way their gonna get theirs..after our line is traced we will know exactly who they are
jamas33
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 12:27 pm    Post subject:

LakerFanAlways wrote:
Yeah we are gonna get caller ID..but after we find out who the (bleep) is who is doing this..that way we can nail them to the wall..if they are over 18 we can file harrassment charges against them..not sure if they are kids or not..I mean what kind of adult would have fun doing that..as far as what they said about my Mom, right when they mentioned pulling down her pants I said "You son of a (bleep)" and then they started laughing and hung up..I am thinking they are doing this randomly because if they really knew me or my Mom they wouldn't have to ask if I was there, they would know my voice..either way their gonna get theirs..after our line is traced we will know exactly who they are

MEOW!!!
re4ee
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 12:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Harrassing Phone Calls

LakerFanAlways wrote:
Hi everyone!
For the past few months off and on, my house has been getting harrassing phone calls from somebody who always meows when we pick up the phone..at first we thought it was a kid..we'd yell at her/him and then it would stop, then it would start again..I star 69'd to find out who it was but it was a call block number so I couldn't find out who it was..then before yesterday at 3am it started again..for an hour non stop calling..we even put the phone off the hook for a half an hour and then when we plugged it back in it started again..then it stopped..just now a few minutes ago it started up again..and not only do they know my Mom's name which is weird cause she is not listed in any phone book but they know my name too..so it has to be either someone we know..question is, how can we find out who this person is that they can be reported..call the police? I want this a AT AT hole to pay for all this nonsense..I would definately file charges if I knew who this jerk was who has no life..
It's gotta be Brian Shaw...
LakerFanAlways
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 10:01 am    Post subject:

Hi all..we had a trace on the line for two weeks now starting two weeks ago Monday..for a while the person didn't call, I guess they were scared off, but on Saturday morning 4:41AM they called again..and since the trace was on we were able to record it, and this morning at 5:56am they called again..we called the phone company and since we have an active open case they said that the phone calls are coming from the same number, and that tomorrow we will get the info(They are not allowed to tell us a phone number, name, what city/state they are calling from) but that they gotta investigate this number further since its a non-AT&T/SPC number..can't wait to find out who the SOB finally is..
Socks
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 10:28 am    Post subject:

Nice!

So if they can't give you any info, what do they do? Do they just hand that info to the cops? What do the cops do? Is it a fine or do they just tell them to stop or what?
Arnie
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 10:34 am    Post subject:

I hope everything works out!
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3
Jump to: