Harrassing Phone Calls(Updated August 16th..CASE CLOSED!!)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Alpha

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 10:49 am    Post subject:

Git'um LFA!
LakerFanAlways
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:02 am    Post subject:

Not sure..the lady said that she was gonna give us the info tomorrow..I guess send us paperwork or something..either that or give it to the police..when she told me that she was gonna bring us the info tomorrow I was like "Oh so the police is gonna come here tomorrow" and she was like "What" she was kinda rude and I told her that this is the first time we have put a trace and I have no clue what she means..so she explained that since the number is from a non AT&T line, that they gotta investigate it..then we will get the info tomorrow..once we find out who it is..damn we wanna file harrassment charges against them or something..I dont want them to get away for bothering us non-stop for months..What would you all do? whoever it is made a huge mistake by calling us on Saturday morning and again this morning..its the same phone number, doubt its a cell phone, sounded WAY too clear to be a cell..will keep you all posted..
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Reply with quote
jamas33
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:26 am    Post subject:

LakerFanAlways wrote:
Not sure..the lady said that she was gonna give us the info tomorrow..I guess send us paperwork or something..either that or give it to the police..when she told me that she was gonna bring us the info tomorrow I was like "Oh so the police is gonna come here tomorrow" and she was like "What" she was kinda rude and I told her that this is the first time we have put a trace and I have no clue what she means..so she explained that since the number is from a non AT&T line, that they gotta investigate it..then we will get the info tomorrow..once we find out who it is..damn we wanna file harrassment charges against them or something..I dont want them to get away for bothering us non-stop for months..What would you all do? whoever it is made a huge mistake by calling us on Saturday morning and again this morning..its the same phone number, doubt its a cell phone, sounded WAY too clear to be a cell..will keep you all posted..
MEOW
Alpha

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:41 am    Post subject:

J! your meowing combined with your avy is kinda freaking me out
Socks
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 12:30 pm    Post subject:

I dunno, guess it depends what your legal options are. By all means, nail 'em for harrassment!
The_Lakers_Show
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 12:43 pm    Post subject:

These chicks kept calling my cell phone (using a blocked #). They would call over 100 times a night. They wouldnt say anything, they would just tap on the (bleep) phone. I could never prove it was them, so i just changed my #. Havent heard from em since.
Go Trojans

Buck Foston
LakerFanAlways
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 1:51 pm    Post subject:

The_Lakers_Show wrote:
These chicks kept calling my cell phone (using a blocked #). They would call over 100 times a night. They wouldnt say anything, they would just tap on the (bleep) phone. I could never prove it was them, so i just changed my #. Havent heard from em since.

We are gonna get caller ID which I think is the best option..we can't change our phone number cause everyone that we know knows our number and it would be too much hassle to go ahead and change it..caller ID is good because if someone wants to crank call us and is stupid enough to reveal their phone number(by presing *82) then we would know who they are anyway..plus caller Id is good so we wont have to deal with telemarketers anymore
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Reply with quote
Caron1
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 3:07 pm    Post subject:

LakerFanAlways, Ive also been getting some bizarre restricted calls as of late. I think my number might have been put on some telemarketer service or something, because its always silence on the other end, but Id like to set up a trace as well. Do I call Verizon?
LakerFanAlways
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 3:55 pm    Post subject:

Caron1 wrote:
LakerFanAlways, Ive also been getting some bizarre restricted calls as of late. I think my number might have been put on some telemarketer service or something, because its always silence on the other end, but Id like to set up a trace as well. Do I call Verizon?

Yeah if you hear silence, it could be a telemarketer, cause usually how they do it is when you answer the phone, you hear nothing and after a few seconds then they talk, if you want to do a trace..first you gotta make a police report..go to your local police department, takes a few minutes, and you can create a report..the trace lasts 2 weeks and every time the phone rings, let it ring twice that way they can trace it. you gotta call your phone company..mine is AT&T/SBC(Since they merged) if for you your phone service is Verizon then yeah, call them up and ask them for the number for the annoyance bureau..its usually a seperate number..Good Luck!!
Laker_Town
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 4:14 pm    Post subject:

ive been getting stupid sales cals on my cell phone. not even a`live person!!!

is that legal for your carrier to sell your number? I dont subscribe for crap..never give my number away to strangers.
HungryBear
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 4:49 pm    Post subject:

well for people getting telemarketers, I dunno if you've tried it, but the Do Not Call List has been out for a while now. You just go to the government site, and register your number. I did that a few years ago and haven't had a telemarketer call since.

https://www.donotcall.gov/default.aspx
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 5:58 pm    Post subject:

Interesting! Keep us updated.
kobekillinu2nite
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 9:06 pm    Post subject:

HungryBear wrote:
well for people getting telemarketers, I dunno if you've tried it, but the Do Not Call List has been out for a while now. You just go to the government site, and register your number. I did that a few years ago and haven't had a telemarketer call since.

Trust me, I've been telemarketing for years now.........The list don't mean anything. We break those rules EVERY DAY. Once you get someone that acts like they're gonna threaten with a lawsuit.....You finally just say, "Fine sir, we have records updated once a month and it will take effect on the next month's cycle." Never had an issue. BTW, I work for Trugreen Chemlawn..........a servicemaster coporation that is yearly at the top of marketing nationwide. Now they have door to door as their primary form of marketing, and it works well for them. I don't do the annoying cold calling anymore, I call the customer base and sell expanded services such as Nuisance Pest control, Aeration seeding, Lime, Grub Control, etc.....

In short.........the do not call list don't mean a damn thing
Exick
Site Staff
Site Staff

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 5:51 am    Post subject:

kobekillinu2nite wrote:
HungryBear wrote:

Trust me, I've been telemarketing for years now.........The list don't mean anything. We break those rules EVERY DAY. Once you get someone that acts like they're gonna threaten with a lawsuit.....You finally just say, "Fine sir, we have records updated once a month and it will take effect on the next month's cycle." Never had an issue. BTW, I work for Trugreen Chemlawn..........a servicemaster coporation that is yearly at the top of marketing nationwide. Now they have door to door as their primary form of marketing, and it works well for them. I don't do the annoying cold calling anymore, I call the customer base and sell expanded services such as Nuisance Pest control, Aeration seeding, Lime, Grub Control, etc.....

It will once your company starts getting fined every time they ignore it. The DNC list doesn't apply to the people you're calling since you already have a business relationship with them (though, you have to stop calling them if they tell you to) but if the cold-callers are ignoring the DNC list, someone eventually is going to complain to the right people.
Caron1
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 7:13 am    Post subject:

Thanks for the advice.

Also if anyone wants to have fun at the expense of telemarketers, I learned this from the Jim Rome show. When they call, let them talk for about 30 sec and all of a sudden chime in with the loudest, high pitch buzzer noise you can make, right into the phone. Not only does it freak them out, but they have no idea what to reply with. Listen to them try and come back from that for a few sec, then hang up.
LaLakers999
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 8:18 am    Post subject:

LOL i remember back in the day when i was a kid, my friends and i would get together and make prank phone calls until were blue in the face... NOW with all this caller ID, *69, and phone traces, The FBI would be at your door the second you hang up the receiver
kobekillinu2nite
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 8:37 am    Post subject:

Exick wrote:
kobekillinu2nite wrote:
HungryBear wrote:

It will once your company starts getting fined every time they ignore it. The DNC list doesn't apply to the people you're calling since you already have a business relationship with them (though, you have to stop calling them if they tell you to) but if the cold-callers are ignoring the DNC list, someone eventually is going to complain to the right people.

We still cold call people who are NOT customers. Yes people give us the "We're on the DO not Call List" speech, but no one cares, We diffuse them and claim we'll take them off the list and most of the time we don't because it takes too much time to fill the paperwork out..........

I've only seen one person even threaten to sue and that was only because a rep called someone after 9 pm, which is illegal. Which, by the way......THAT was duffused as well, no one ever wants to go through all the trouble to file a lawsuit.

It's like a 5000 dollar fine then the lawsuits come.

Last edited by kobekillinu2nite on Tue Aug 15, 2006 8:38 am; edited 1 time in total
lakersfreak
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 8:38 am    Post subject:

Caron1 wrote:
Thanks for the advice.

Also if anyone wants to have fun at the expense of telemarketers, I learned this from the Jim Rome show. When they call, let them talk for about 30 sec and all of a sudden chime in with the loudest, high pitch buzzer noise you can make, right into the phone. Not only does it freak them out, but they have no idea what to reply with. Listen to them try and come back from that for a few sec, then hang up.

I prefer to tell them to hold on for a second, then I start the vacuum and let them listen to that until they hang up.
Socks
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 10:09 am    Post subject:

I heard a real funny bit from one of the crankyankers guy. He basically pretended to be real interested in what the telemarketer guy had to say. His brother would pick up another phone and ask him if he was still on the phone...like every 5 seconds, cutting the telemarketing guy off each time. This continued for like 3 minutes and you could tell the telemarketing guy was just going insane cuz he had an interested guy on the line, but kept getting interrupted. Eventually the telemarketer just hung up on the guy.
LakerFanAlways
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 10:26 am    Post subject:

Update...The info has been released to the police department..they have a suspect name..but the phone company won't reveal the name to us..the lady from the phone company has already faxed the info to the police department and we can call within the hour to the police and they can tell us who the person is. The phone company is not allowed to give us a name but its up to the police department if they want to reveal it or not..I hope they do..I was worried that perhaps whoever was doing this was calling from a payphone but the lady said no..the person was calling from their house and they know who they are..WOW Can't wait to nail the SOB..will let you all know finally who this sicko is
KizzOBizzE
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 11:47 am    Post subject:

its phil jackson he thought he was calling kwame
LaLakers999
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 12:54 pm    Post subject:

LakerFanAlways wrote:
Update...The info has been released to the police department..they have a suspect name..but the phone company won't reveal the name to us..the lady from the phone company has already faxed the info to the police department and we can call within the hour to the police and they can tell us who the person is. The phone company is not allowed to give us a name but its up to the police department if they want to reveal it or not..I hope they do..I was worried that perhaps whoever was doing this was calling from a payphone but the lady said no..the person was calling from their house and they know who they are..WOW Can't wait to nail the SOB..will let you all know finally who this sicko is

what are you gonna do if its your mom?

LakerFanAlways
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 12:58 pm    Post subject:

Lakers999 wrote:
LakerFanAlways wrote:

what are you gonna do if its your mom?

Huh..that makes no sense..
Charles
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 1:17 pm    Post subject:

KizzOBizzE wrote:
its phil jackson he thought he was calling kwame

that is perfect.

I could actually imagine Phil doing that, which is scary.

Kwame: Hello?
Phil: MEEEEEEEEEOOOOOOOWWWW
LakerFanAlways
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 1:30 pm    Post subject:

Well if it does turn out to be Phil Jackson he owes me a huge apology, and that apology includes courtside laker tickets for the entire season and a guarentee of a championship!!
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3
Jump to: