Harrassing Phone Calls(Updated August 16th..CASE CLOSED!!)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
JIFISH
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 8:31 pm    Post subject:

lakersfreak wrote:
Caron1 wrote:
Thanks for the advice.

Also if anyone wants to have fun at the expense of telemarketers, I learned this from the Jim Rome show. When they call, let them talk for about 30 sec and all of a sudden chime in with the loudest, high pitch buzzer noise you can make, right into the phone. Not only does it freak them out, but they have no idea what to reply with. Listen to them try and come back from that for a few sec, then hang up.

I prefer to tell them to hold on for a second, then I start the vacuum and let them listen to that until they hang up.

Speaking of how to deal with telemarketers.....(WARNING: Do not watch if you are easily offended by the liberal use of cursewords)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yj2oXMdZ4sk
Caron1
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 8:36 pm    Post subject:

LOL. Check out this maniac

kobekillinu2nite
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 11:06 pm    Post subject:

Caron1 wrote:

THAT WAS THE BEST THING I HAVE EVER HEARD!!!!!!!!!!

"you're a rapist!!! a Terrorist!!!!!!!!"

LLMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!
ToughKarl
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 11:29 pm    Post subject:

Caron1 wrote:

LOL
The_Lakers_Show
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 12:19 am    Post subject:

Caron1 wrote:

That was great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Go Trojans

Buck Foston
TACH
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 7:07 am    Post subject:

LakerFanAlways wrote:
Update...The info has been released to the police department..they have a suspect name..but the phone company won't reveal the name to us..the lady from the phone company has already faxed the info to the police department and we can call within the hour to the police and they can tell us who the person is. The phone company is not allowed to give us a name but its up to the police department if they want to reveal it or not..I hope they do..I was worried that perhaps whoever was doing this was calling from a payphone but the lady said no..the person was calling from their house and they know who they are..WOW Can't wait to nail the SOB..will let you all know finally who this sicko is

Any update... you have me on the edge of my seat.... now I want to know who it is.... LOL...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 9:04 am    Post subject:

Caron1 wrote:
Thanks for the advice.

Also if anyone wants to have fun at the expense of telemarketers, I learned this from the Jim Rome show. When they call, let them talk for about 30 sec and all of a sudden chime in with the loudest, high pitch buzzer noise you can make, right into the phone. Not only does it freak them out, but they have no idea what to reply with. Listen to them try and come back from that for a few sec, then hang up.

When my kids were younger, I would just hand the phone to them. After they chatted for a few minutes, the telemarketer would usually hang up. I doubt they care what happened earlier that day in preschool. It worked well.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 9:06 am    Post subject:

Lakers999 wrote:
LakerFanAlways wrote:
Update...The info has been released to the police department..they have a suspect name..but the phone company won't reveal the name to us..the lady from the phone company has already faxed the info to the police department and we can call within the hour to the police and they can tell us who the person is. The phone company is not allowed to give us a name but its up to the police department if they want to reveal it or not..I hope they do..I was worried that perhaps whoever was doing this was calling from a payphone but the lady said no..the person was calling from their house and they know who they are..WOW Can't wait to nail the SOB..will let you all know finally who this sicko is

what are you gonna do if its your mom?

Or what if it is coming from the upstairs extension?
NoMoreGame7s
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 10:14 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Caron1 wrote:
Thanks for the advice.

When my kids were younger, I would just hand the phone to them. After they chatted for a few minutes, the telemarketer would usually hang up. I doubt they care what happened earlier that day in preschool. It worked well.

That one works like a charm. One of my favorites.

I recently used a pretty good one on the Columbia House DVD Club people. They think they're clever when they go through their little monologue about how great it is to get 50 DVD's for 2 bucks or some bogus scam like that, and then immediately ask, "So, what kind of movies do you enjoy watching?"

The last time they called, I answered their question by saying, "Adult movies."

The guy on the phone asked, "What?"

I repeated, "Adult movies."

He hung up.

Thanks for the avatar, Hybrid27.
LakerFanAlways
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 10:56 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Lakers999 wrote:
LakerFanAlways wrote:

Don't have an upstairs so that settles that..as far as an update goes..the police have the fax from the phone company..the police department is the one that has to do the investigation..once they have the info they will give it to me..the officer called this morning to say that they got the fax with the phone number of the "suspect" he just has to investigate whose number it is and he can tell us..hopefully by today, I doubt it takes forever to find out whose number is..I presume most people know how to google..will keep you all informed
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Reply with quote
LaLakers999
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 12:27 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Lakers999 wrote:
LakerFanAlways wrote:

i mean... what if its a relative?
Socks
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 12:35 pm    Post subject:

LakerFanAlways wrote:
Don't have an upstairs so that settles that..as far as an update goes..the police have the fax from the phone company..the police department is the one that has to do the investigation..once they have the info they will give it to me..the officer called this morning to say that they got the fax with the phone number of the "suspect" he just has to investigate whose number it is and he can tell us..hopefully by today, I doubt it takes forever to find out whose number is..I presume most people know how to google..will keep you all informed

Wierd. I wonder what they do to "investigate"? I mean, give me the phone number and I could tell you who it is in a few minutes. So does that mean, their next step is contacting the people at that number and asking them to explain those phone calls? I would assume they would first let you know who it is and present you with some options as far as your next actions, so I wonder what this so called investigation really is.
LakerFanAlways
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 2:19 pm    Post subject:

CASE CLOSED..the case has been solved..the police officer just called and told us that it was a boy that my sister graduated from high school with two years ago that was making the phone calls..the officer called him and the guy(Who is 22 years old and VERY immature) that if he ever calls us again(Since its a felony to harrass someone) that charges will be pressed..we are not gonna press charges since the officer scared the holy hell outta him..he said that he would NEVER call us again and was shocked to find out that we had put a trace on him..now we can relax knowing that it is not some psychopath out there that randomly got our number..we are gonna go with the caller ID thing cause its definately worth having..well thats it..glad to have finally had this mystery solved
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Reply with quote
Socks
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 2:26 pm    Post subject:

Ha! I wish you coulda had the phone call between the cop and this dude recorded - I'm sure it was hysterical.

Did you talk to the dude or just the cops? Is this dude a friend of your sister's? Just some random dude that has a thing for her?

I think we need to take recommendations on this thread as to various subtle (not necessarily illegal) things you can do to exact revenge.
LakerFanAlways
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 2:44 pm    Post subject:

Yeah he graduated with her in high school..they dated a few times but she wasn't interested in him after that..I had taped one of the phone calls that my Mom had with him a few weeks ago(before the trace was made) my sister is here now and I let her listen to it(now that we know who it is) and she said that if she had heard that tape before she would have known it was him cause of the way he said Uh Huh was the way that he usually does it. I guess he is still into her..he told the officer that he is very immature and he thought that she was crank calling him even though she hasn't spoken to him in years. He actually was dumb enough to call from his house..My sister doesn't even live here but I noticed that he would never ask for her so I thought it was someone that we didn't know. I would have LOVED to have heard the conversation between the officer and the idiot, would have been classic!! All the officer said is that he scared the hell out of him and told him that its a felony what he was doing..probably pissed and pooped his pants HAHA..at least I know its some freak from God knows where with our address and phone number who is gonna come kill us..so that is a HUGE relief..yeah revenge is sweet..I think the fact that he had a beverly hills police officer call him up was revenge enough..cause that would scare the hell outta me
ArrOhBee
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 2:44 pm    Post subject:

Meow!!!!
LaLakers999
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 3:49 pm    Post subject:

LakerFanAlways wrote:
Yeah he graduated with her in high school..they dated a few times but she wasn't interested in him after that..I had taped one of the phone calls that my Mom had with him a few weeks ago(before the trace was made) my sister is here now and I let her listen to it(now that we know who it is) and she said that if she had heard that tape before she would have known it was him cause of the way he said Uh Huh was the way that he usually does it. I guess he is still into her..he told the officer that he is very immature and he thought that she was crank calling him even though she hasn't spoken to him in years. He actually was dumb enough to call from his house..My sister doesn't even live here but I noticed that he would never ask for her so I thought it was someone that we didn't know. I would have LOVED to have heard the conversation between the officer and the idiot, would have been classic!! All the officer said is that he scared the hell out of him and told him that its a felony what he was doing..probably pissed and pooped his pants HAHA..at least I know its some freak from God knows where with our address and phone number who is gonna come kill us..so that is a HUGE relief..yeah revenge is sweet..I think the fact that he had a beverly hills police officer call him up was revenge enough..cause that would scare the hell outta me

is your sister single?
Bergamotichek
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 5:00 pm    Post subject:

Lakers999 wrote:

is your sister single?

Better question... is she cute?
LaLakers999
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 5:38 pm    Post subject:

JD wrote:
Lakers999 wrote:

is your sister single?

agreed...... much better question
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 6:45 am    Post subject:

This article reminded me of this thread:

Quote:
Judge to Rule if 'Meowing' Is Harassment

Aug 24, 7:45 AM (ET)

JEANNETTE, Pa. (AP) - Meow. A district judge has been asked to decide whether that word is a harmless taunt or grounds for misdemeanor harassment. Jeannette police charged a 14-year-old boy for "meowing" whenever he sees his neighbor, 78-year-old Alexandria Carasia.

The boy's family and Carasia do not get along. The boy's mother said the family got rid of their cat after Carasia complained to police that it used her flower garden as a litter box.

The boy testified Tuesday that he only meowed at the woman twice. Carasia testified, "Every time he sees me, he meows."

The boy's defense attorney, David Martin Jr., argued that the charge should be dismissed.

"This should never have been filed," Martin said. "This is not something that police should be wasting their time with or wasting the court's time."

Jeannette District Judge Joseph DeMarchis decided to wait 90 days before ruling. DeMarchis said his decision will be based on how the boy and his neighbor get along in the meantime.

http://apnews.myway.com/article/20060824/D8JMP2JG0.html
brutella
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 7:37 am    Post subject:

Lakers999 wrote:
JD wrote:
Lakers999 wrote:

is your sister single?

agreed...... much better question

Pictures please...
Socks
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 8:00 am    Post subject:

931 wrote:

Quote:

JEANNETTE, Pa. (AP) - Meow. A district judge has been asked to decide whether that word is a harmless taunt or grounds for misdemeanor harassment. Jeannette police charged a 14-year-old boy for "meowing" whenever he sees his neighbor, 78-year-old Alexandria Carasia.

The boy's family and Carasia do not get along. The boy's mother said the family got rid of their cat after Carasia complained to police that it used her flower garden as a litter box.

The boy testified Tuesday that he only meowed at the woman twice. Carasia testified, "Every time he sees me, he meows."

The boy's defense attorney, David Martin Jr., argued that the charge should be dismissed.

"This should never have been filed," Martin said. "This is not something that police should be wasting their time with or wasting the court's time."

Jeannette District Judge Joseph DeMarchis decided to wait 90 days before ruling. DeMarchis said his decision will be based on how the boy and his neighbor get along in the meantime.

Jeez. Your tax dollars at work ladies and gentlemen.
Exick
Site Staff
Site Staff

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 8:20 am    Post subject:

931 wrote:

Quote:

You stop laughing right meow!
Alpha

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 12:39 pm    Post subject:

LFA - Glad to hear

931 - you shouldn't post articles about Jamas
LaLakers999
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 1:06 pm    Post subject:

can we get back to her sister please
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3
Jump to: